1.    #1  
    I want to change my tones location as follows.
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Sound\Categories\Ring\Directory = "\Storage Card\" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)
    so it will look for tones on my sd card. the reason for these is so i can have high quality tones. I have a 1gig card so i am not worried about space on that. Now my question is. If i'll do that will my treo still play tones from old location, i am talking about stock tones, couase i assigned some of them to mail alerts ect. Or can i move the hole Ring folder to the SD card and just put a new path to it.
    I don't have an definite answer for your question but I just wanted to let you know it's probably not a good idea to have ringtones on your storage card, especially high bitrate ones. When the phone is on the "off" position, the storage card is unmounted after a while. When a call comes in, the phone turns on and has to remount the storage card which will take a few seconds. Since it doesn't recognize it immediately, the phone will revert back to the Windows Default ringtone. You are better off having the ringtone in the Windows/Rings folder. Just a suggestion.
    I used Ringo Mobile, the sounds I have on the card are somewhat delayed (maybe .5 - 1 second) because it has to (as mentioned above) remount the card. These are NOT high quality bit rate rings... I have actually cut up MP3's and used a program WavEdit (http://www.aldostools.com/wavedit.html) to chop em up and tone em down. I also do not suggest pointing to your SD card if you don't have these types of edited files.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I used Ringo Mobile, the sounds I have on the card are somewhat delayed (maybe .5 - 1 second) because it has to (as mentioned above) remount the card. These are NOT high quality bit rate rings... I have actually cut up MP3's and used a program WavEdit (http://www.aldostools.com/wavedit.html) to chop em up and tone em down. I also do not suggest pointing to your SD card if you don't have these types of edited files.
    can you post a screen shot of your ringtone propertines. i want to see bit rate chanels, ect.
    No, I won't. Well ok. The first one is a wav file and the second is the mp3.

Last edited by Darth Pooh; 09/20/2006 at 01:47 PM.
  6.    #6  
    doesn't that take a lot of space on your phone? whats the size on it?
    Remember I said I was running from the SD card with Ringo Mobile?

So its not a matter of space, but how small it is so the device doesn't have to remount and play a 3 meg file.

Smallville is 533KB and HandthatFeeds is 459 KB. Small enough so it doesn't have a huge delay in buffering it. The reason I use ringo is for simplicity. Nice easy interface and it does the job neatly all in one place.