Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I've had my 700w for like 5 days now.

I'm concerned about battery life. The 700w is supposed to have great battery life. I spoke on the phone for approx. 45 minutes today and the battery indicator shows slightly less than 50% (i think it says 47% or something). I sent two text messages today and received one. The battery was fully charged last night while I slept just like it is every night.

I don't use data on the phone. It does not wirelessly sync. I deleted the EVDO dial number so there is no way to be charged for data usage, therefore it is not doing anything I don't know about.

When I'm not using the phone I press the power button to put it into standby or whatever.

Oh yea, I played solitare for 10 minutes while using the bathroom today .

Based on the current status, I should be getting a total of 1.5 hours of talk time outta my Treo. This is not satisfactory. Is this normal? What kind of battery life are other users getting out of their phones? Should I take this back to Verizon to get the battery replaced? It's only 5 days old...

EDIT: I have activesync set to manual, although i guess it shouldn't make a difference since it's never activesyncing. BT is off, and so is beam.
    no thats not normal 45 min on the phone should only drop you maybe down to 80% id go get it swapped and have them check that battery especially if you use no data
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Alright, that's the answer I was hoping to get. I'll swing by the store tommorrow. Based on my usage (a few txt messages a day plus maybe a few minutes here and there of solitare), how much talk time should I get out of the phone?
    Malatesta has replied to a few posts on this topic saying that the batteries require about 2 weeks of a charge/discharge before they reach their full potential. Try it for a few more days. Mine was similar to that the first week or so and has been improving steadily ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by agreenbhm View Post
    Alright, that's the answer I was hoping to get. I'll swing by the store tommorrow. Based on my usage (a few txt messages a day plus maybe a few minutes here and there of solitare), how much talk time should I get out of the phone?
    officially it's 5 hours talk time.

and like kaiguy said, LiON batteries take a bit of charging/discharging to reach their full potential.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Full potential or not, it shouldn't last him for that little time whether its new or not.
    agreed, even after the first charge out of the box my 700wx didnt drop that much with 45 min on the phone. Somethings gotta be wrong with the battery or phone drawing extra power.
    are you in a fringe area where you phone constantly switches between ev and 1x? this could also be your problem.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I'm in a concrete building (dorm) with not a great amount of reception, but I seem to have a little bit of EV signal all of the time.
    I'm in a concrete building (dorm) with not a great amount of reception, but I seem to have a little bit of EV signal all of the time.
    You see, that could be the problem right there. I dormed last year when I had Nextel before moving to the 700wx this month and my battery life on my Nextel compared to when I was home was a drastic difference. It would last me 1 1/2 days when home and it would barely last me 18 hours when in the dorm. Your phone drains your battery when it is trying to keep you connected to EVDO with such a low signal.

Try using the phone at home or some place with full service to see what it does.
    Fringe areas eat battery. Its that simple.

CDMA isn't known for it's awesome ability to go right through concrete walls. GSM is the winner in that department.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Well, I took my phone in today to replace the battery. They replaced the whole phone (b/c they don't carry extra batteries for the PDA's in store, apparently). I was able to remember how the phone was previously configured, so that wasn't a big deal.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see on the battery thing.

As far as the concrete walls, I said there was a small signal, not no signal. Battery isn't drained any faster if there is say 1 bar as opposed to 4, right?
    As far as the concrete walls, I said there was a small signal, not no signal. Battery isn't drained any faster if there is say 1 bar as opposed to 4, right?
    Yes, your battery drains much faster when you have lower signal. Why? Because when you have 1 bar, the phone will keep trying to get better signal, especially when your running an active EVDO connection and that constant connection to the towers searching for a better signal depletes the life of your battery.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Well, signal may be playing a role in the battery life, but I took the phone in anyway and had it replaced (against my will, I only wanted them to change the battery. Oh well). This battery is holding a charge better so far. I think that in my dorm I have about 2 bars most of the time when I'm not using the phone, so it shouldn't stress the battery THAT much, should it?
    I took mine to work about 14 hours ago. Received 3 calls, surfed and hacked on it most of the day to try to figure out a number of issues I've had with the YahooMail program. Basically used it the whole day, and I'm only down to 81%. I do have 3-4 bars consistantly throughout the day though.
    It shouldn't drain too much power but it drains more than if you had full service. You should be fine with the newer phone/battery you have.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I've talked on the phone since it was fully charged for about 28 minutes, received 1 txt msg and sent 1. My battery is at 88%. Does this sound like the battery should be?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Does anyone notice that when they only have 1 bar or no bars of reception that the speaker sounds a little tinny? I spoke to some ppl on my phone today, as well as checking voicemail, and the speaker doesn't sound 100%. My old 700w (the one i replaced today) didn't do that, i don't think. When i made a test call at the verizon store i didn't notice the problem, and there was great reception there.
    I've talked on the phone since it was fully charged for about 28 minutes, received 1 txt msg and sent 1. My battery is at 88%. Does this sound like the battery should be?
    Sounds good considering its the stock battery. Sounds like everything is fixed for you.
    Yeh that ounds about right usually about 30 min for every 10% battery, or 1 hr every 20%, meaning 5 hrs talktime total. This guy though with 45 min and its below 50% there is seriously something wrong with his phone even with a lowsignal it wouldnt be that dead. I only have 1 bar in my apartment usually and i can go hours with a few calls and use evdo before i get to 50%