Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    I did a search and couldn't find anything on this.

Does the 700wx have a "Kill-Pill" program built in? I thought I remember reading it had some way to do this?

If not, what would you suggest for a "Kill-Pill" application for the 700wx and the 700p?

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Jbcellular; 09/19/2006 at 02:27 PM.
    whats a Kill-Pill?
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    whats a Kill-Pill?
    A kill-pill - A way to "Kill" or erase your Treo if you loose it. A remote data wipe would probbaly be a better way for me to describe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    whats a Kill-Pill?
    It's like those poor "mission impossible" devices that hold messages... : KILL PILL
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    RemoteProtect for WM5

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    So I had the balls to test this application out on my treo WX and it works as stated. Well the lock and unlock works at least...those are what I tested out. I dont plan to use the kill command any time soon, but if I must, I will.

Pretty slick program. It even hides the sms message that arrives and sends a confirmation back to the original sms sender.

CON:
    (1) Not the developers fault..but Sprint SMS really sucks *ss lately. (10 minute delay last time I tried this)
    (2) You need to have another device send the SMS message, so grab someones cell phone or go online... (no biggie) but if you don't have access to a cell phone or internet... you might just explode with anxiety attacks.

"Oh no... a thief will know I'm a nerd and play bubblets 24/7 (my high score is impressive btw..)"

Actually being that it is a treo device he/she stole, the thief might already know of the owners nerdy image...

back to the second CON...
    If my wx gets lost or stolen, my kill execution delay could take a good 10 minutes or so...

In summary...
    Good product...on a really slow sms network....

-Oly

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Thanks Oly for review.

Sprint's SMS system is being upgraded (along with the whole network, probably in anticipation of RevA, etc), hence the "issues" with SMS. I would assume this would be resolved sooner than later as I've sent SMS to myself in the past and got them within 30 seconds.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Sprint's SMS system is being upgraded (along with the whole network, probably in anticipation of RevA, etc), hence the "issues" with SMS. I would assume this would be resolved sooner than later as I've sent SMS to myself in the past and got them within 30 seconds.
    Good info.. thanks..glad they are working on it!

I was sending an sms message from a Tmo network to a Sprint network, hence, maybe the long delay?

Sprint to Sprint, via web or phone to phone I would think would be faster since it's within their own network ( I could be really wrong on this) but maybe this is why you got the 30 seconds? I'll have to test it out with my wife's sprint phone to see.

This reminds me...the other CON to using another cell phone, some don't have qwerty keyboards..just the regular dail pad.. PITA if you have not been trained in sending messages that way while at the same time worried if your treo needs to be wiped.

-Oly

Quote Originally Posted by olywogle View Post
    So I had the balls to test this application out on my treo WX and it works as stated. Well the lock and unlock works at least...those are what I tested out. I dont plan to use the kill command any time soon, but if I must, I will.

Pretty slick program. It even hides the sms message that arrives and sends a confirmation back to the original sms sender.

CON:
    (1) Not the developers fault..but Sprint SMS really sucks *ss lately. (10 minute delay last time I tried this)
    (2) You need to have another device send the SMS message, so grab someones cell phone or go online... (no biggie) but if you don't have access to a cell phone or internet... you might just explode with anxiety attacks.

"Oh no... a thief will know I'm a nerd and play bubblets 24/7 (my high score is impressive btw..)"

Actually being that it is a treo device he/she stole, the thief might already know of the owners nerdy image...

back to the second CON...
    If my wx gets lost or stolen, my kill execution delay could take a good 10 minutes or so...

In summary...
    Good product...on a really slow sms network....

-Oly
    online sms to the phone does not lock it; it has to be from a cell phone. the developer told me this will be added in a future version.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    If you use MS Direct Push with Exchange, you can wipe the device from the Exchange Server. It is built in and doesn't rely on an SMS (I think). If you don't use Direct Push, then a third party app is the way to go.
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    online sms to the phone does not lock it; it has to be from a cell phone. the developer told me this will be added in a future version.
    Thanks for the heads up