Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post

    Chatter really blows away anything that WM5 can offer, not sure what you mean by lots of options....I only see Outlook which is lacking navigation thru multiple folders...it is good yes but not great.
    Maybe for you, but I need direct push with my corporate exchange servers. OWA is locked down to secure ID access, and IMAP is turned off. Therefore Chatter would be useless for me. Chatter is also $40, while Mobile Outlook is free.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    Hi, can you explain please how you setup Direct Push. Right now I use Pocket Outlook Mobile for AOL imap accounts. I don't have a company exchange account or anything like that - just AOL personal email. Can I still use Direct Push and sync PIM? Thanks!
    I dont think you can sync PIM data with IMAP. You can try an exchange hosting company and get a personal account. I think there are ones available for as little as $4.95 a month. I think http://www.4smartphone.net is a popular one.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    Hi, can you explain please how you setup Direct Push. Right now I use Pocket Outlook Mobile for AOL imap accounts. I don't have a company exchange account or anything like that - just AOL personal email. Can I still use Direct Push and sync PIM? Thanks!

    you can go to www.mail2web.com and set up a free exchange account. Then just forward your aim mail to your new email address. I use this daily and love it. It will also sync your contacts calendar and tasks also.
  4. #24  
    Unable to sync with desktop.

    Getting this message when try to sync with my treo700wx my mic outlook, calendar, contact, etc.
    I get this message:
    ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop.
    Support code: 85010014.
    Any ideas of what to do?
  5. #25  
    I just wanna add to this and say that I agree that this is the best device I've used. I am a Windows Mobile fan and never thought I would say that about a Treo. They have made this a really great phone and a quite good PDA. I simply love the palm add-on's they've done to make it more user friendly than normal windows mobile!
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Thanks again Malatesta. Too bad it only works with Outlook and not IMAP, but it's good to know there is an option. Now as soon as SplashData releases SplashMoney for WM (they say early next year), I can give the wx a try.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  7. #27  
    You can use the Palm OS version of SplashMoney on the 700wx with styletap. I am using agendus with styletap.
    Jimmie Geddes
  8. #28  
    Yor review also got posted to PalmAddict.
    Jimmie Geddes
  9. #29  
    I have not spent a week with a wx, but I have spent a bit of time with one. I do agree that it's the best WM device I've tried, by quite a bit. But (remembering that the P in PDA means personal), it's still not better than my 650 (Sprint) for MY needs.

    I use my Treo as a PIM device far more than as a cell phone. I'm heavily calendar based. The built in WM calendar is a bad joke compared to Datebk5 (much less Datebk6). I'm not aware of any WM apps that compare to Datebk in functionality and, especially, ease of use.

    For me, multi-tasking, streaming, video and all the other things you point to are nice-to-have bells and whistles. A complete, competent, easy to use and FAST set of apps for contact and calendar management is a requirement, and WM just isn't there yet.

    Like I said, P is for Personal, and it looks like the wx will be the right answer for many. I have no problem if some prefer the wx and others the P. I'm no lover of MS, but I'm certainly not a Palm fanboy I only hope that the next generation, whether it be some flavor of Palm Linux, or WM6, can combine the ease of use, breadth of software, and better graphics of the current Palm platform with the more modern aspects of WM.

    I suppose if WM really does kill the Palm platform, Pimilco software will (hopefully) port Datebk to WM.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  10. #30  
    you can use datebk 6 on the 700wx, no windows mobile port needed due to styletap.
    Jimmie Geddes
  11. #31  
    I dont think styletap is all that good - it really doesnt render the apps very well in terms of graphics and features. It strips down Agendus big time.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  12.    #32  
    Another PRO I forgot. I love calling voicemail and having the little icons to save, delete, fast forward, and rewind msgs. I know there was an APP for the Palm OS that you had to buy but this one is built in and helps me from remember those numbers that I always forget.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I use my Treo as a PIM device far more than as a cell phone. I'm heavily calendar based. The built in WM calendar is a bad joke compared to Datebk5 (much less Datebk6). I'm not aware of any WM apps that compare to Datebk in functionality and, especially, ease of use.

    For me, multi-tasking, streaming, video and all the other things you point to are nice-to-have bells and whistles. A complete, competent, easy to use and FAST set of apps for contact and calendar management is a requirement, and WM just isn't there yet.

    I suppose if WM really does kill the Palm platform, Pimilco software will (hopefully) port Datebk to WM.
    Couple of things, your comparing the built in calendar on the wm treo to a third party app on the palm os. Have you tried Pocket Informant? Why is the built in calendar a bad joke compared to Datebk5? I use the built in and I find it works great. I can view all my daily appointments in month/week/day/agenda and year view. What am I missing? Using it with Exchange ActiveSync with direct push, I get all my appointment updates immediately. I love being able to accept a meeting request on my device, and having it show up in my (and my assistants) calendar instantly on the desktop.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Couple of things, your comparing the built in calendar on the wm treo to a third party app on the palm os. Have you tried Pocket Informant? Why is the built in calendar a bad joke compared to Datebk5? I use the built in and I find it works great. I can view all my daily appointments in month/week/day/agenda and year view. What am I missing? Using it with Exchange ActiveSync with direct push, I get all my appointment updates immediately. I love being able to accept a meeting request on my device, and having it show up in my (and my assistants) calendar instantly on the desktop.
    It would take much more time than I have to list all the features and capabilities that Datebk offers me that the built in app doesn't. Alarm mangement is a big one, as are floating events, advance alarms, and a dozen other things. Does the built in app have a 3 day view? In DB5, it provides a view of the future with enough detail to actually see what's coming. Week views on a 240x240 screen are close to worthless.

    I haven't looked closely at PI, but at a glance it looks like an improvement over the P Outlook, but still not as well designed, full featured, or easy to use as db5.

    I find it interesting, though, that even though I specifically pointed out that the wx might be better for some, but not for me, that some people feel the need to argue with me. WM users look down on "palm fanboys", but the MS fanboys are at least as bad.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    you can use datebk 6 on the 700wx, no windows mobile port needed due to styletap.
    Sorry, but I've had more than my fill of emulators over the years. They're all kludgy, slow, and at best do an uneven job of running non-native apps.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I find it interesting, though, that even though I specifically pointed out that the wx might be better for some, but not for me, that some people feel the need to argue with me. WM users look down on "palm fanboys", but the MS fanboys are at least as bad.
    I think there is a bit of hyperbole here or you're just being over-defensive, no one is arguing with you, they're merely asking for explanation and some clarification as to what specifically you find deficient in the PIM utilities, which you now have provided.

    That's quite different from any "fanboy" spats which have plagued other threads. I thought mobileman's post about comparing a paid 3rd party app to native app is relevant to the discussion.

    Fact is there are lots of former Palm users around here now and a lot of them are not aware of the software selection for WM5. So people try to point out alternatives to be helpful, not argumentative.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  17. #37  
    StyleTap might emulate, but there are people on here who say they "can't live without agendus", and this gives you agendus. I find that it runs just as fine on my 700wx as it does on my 700p. Sure it doesn't look as great, but for now this Palm fan boy can use agendus on my 700wx and I'm happy until I find a native calendar app. The point is we are just trying to give long time Palm OS users options, no need to be argumentive.
    Jimmie Geddes
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    It would take much more time than I have to list all the features and capabilities that Datebk offers me that the built in app doesn't. Alarm mangement is a big one, as are floating events, advance alarms, and a dozen other things. Does the built in app have a 3 day view? In DB5, it provides a view of the future with enough detail to actually see what's coming. Week views on a 240x240 screen are close to worthless.

    I haven't looked closely at PI, but at a glance it looks like an improvement over the P Outlook, but still not as well designed, full featured, or easy to use as db5.

    I find it interesting, though, that even though I specifically pointed out that the wx might be better for some, but not for me, that some people feel the need to argue with me. WM users look down on "palm fanboys", but the MS fanboys are at least as bad.
    First of all, Im not arguing with you, I'm disagreeing with you. You'll find that alot on discussion boards. People have different opinions, and come here to discuss them.

    No, the built in calendar doesnt have a 3 day view. (I use Pocket Breeze)
    Weekview is useless to me on any non-vga device.
    And while DB5 might be better for you, I find it very, very hard to believe that PI isnt as "full featured" as DB.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions