Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys, I am a new member, I have had my treo 650 for quite some time now, over a year, and I am thinking of switching to the 700wx, I really don't use text as much, but I do check my email constantly and maybe will like to use it for the net if it was a little faster, I see a lot of people that complaint about their 700wx, any specific reason why you are or aren't happy with your 700wx? thank you in advance.


    Treo 755p.
  2. #2  
    you should probably do some searching. people get kinda mad when u dont search
  3.    #3  
    ok, thank you will do so


    Treo 755p.
  4. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by skasol View Post
    Hi guys, I am a new member, I have had my treo 650 for quite some time now, over a year, and I am thinking of switching to the 700wx, I really don't use text as much, but I do check my email constantly and maybe will like to use it for the net if it was a little faster, I see a lot of people that complaint about their 700wx, any specific reason why you are or aren't happy with your 700wx? thank you in advance.
    First off welcome!

    I say go for it. I have had the treo 600, the 650 and now the 700wx. By far it is the best Treo to date. Most of the people who have had issues with the 700 are palm OS users and this is their first time working with a WM5 device. The palm OS and WM5 OS are night and day. Multitasking is a huge benefit of WM5. You can check e-mail, stream media, send text messages and surf the web all at the same time. Personally I love my new 700wx, and there are plenty here that do. You will find that more complainers will post about what is wrong with the 700 then those who are happy with the device.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  5. #5  
    I just upgraded from a Treo 650 to a 700wx, I had my 650 from when they very first came out, November 2004. Anyway, I'm on my 3rd day with the 700wx and I have to say I really like it. The first day was rough, but mainly because of getting used to WM5. Now that I am somewhat used to it, it really isn't that bad. Of course there are still some things that I don't like. For example, pocket outlook is no where near as good as Snappermail, but it will do for the moment.

    The one thing that I'd say is better is the build quality of the 700wx over the 650.

    Also, the smaller screen resolution hasn't been an issue either.

    HTH.
  6. #6  
    DO IT.

    I had a 300>600>650>700p and now a 700wx. It's the best device by far and I am a total Palm OS fanboy. It's just so much more responsive.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=124626
    Last edited by Darth Pooh; 09/19/2006 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added a Link to my review.
  7. #7  
    Go for it. It's different then the Palm OS, but give it time as you will start to see the benefits of the WM5 platform. I have had them all and though I like both OS's, I think I like WM5 better now.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  8. J_Uneek's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #8  
    I love mine as well. My favorite phone out off all the ones I ever had regardless of carrier..
  9. #9  
    700wx is the best phone ever!

    Well I say that every 1-2 years. " XXXX is the best phone ever!"

    One thing different that may annoy some going from a 650 to the 700 series is the semi-colon vs colon on the K key. Some may not know this but the 650 has a colon ( : ) on the qwerty pad, while the 700 has a semi-colon ( ; )

    No biggie, its only a problem when you want to type in https:/ etc...

    the 700wx is WELL worth it to switch (thats if you already invested lots of $$$ in windows apps, if not, it is just... worth it), I could go on and on about the PRO's, and yes, they outweigh the CONS IMHO...
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  10. RobeJazz's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle View Post
    700wx is the best phone ever!

    Well I say that every 1-2 years. " XXXX is the best phone ever!"

    One thing different that may annoy some going from a 650 to the 700 series is the semi-colon vs colon on the K key. Some may not know this but the 650 has a colon ( : ) on the qwerty pad, while the 700 has a semi-colon ( ; )

    No biggie, its only a problem when you want to type in https:/ etc...

    the 700wx is so worth it, I could go on and on about the PRO's, and yes, they outweigh the CONS IMHO...
    I agree - I love the 700wx - I use the activesync and 4smartphone for a great push mail, contacts and cal on ALL my computers solution. A lot more streaming radio content on the WM platform then POS plus others; but what really caused me to respond to this thread was the colon/semicolon comment - I really LOVE the fact that the wx has the semicolon!!!!!!!!
  11. #11  
    I'm with Olywogle, I want the :

    Not only is it a pain when typing in http: addresses, but also when entering smilies in text messages. Why doesn't the text message app have smilies anyway :?: Maybe because it's linked in with Outlook
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    I'm with Olywogle, I want the :

    Not only is it a pain when typing in http: addresses, but also when entering smilies in text messages. Why doesn't the text message app have smilies anyway :?: Maybe because it's linked in with Outlook
    The 750v text messaging app has threaded messages and smilies. The 700wx will have it very soon.

Posting Permissions