Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by gnyf View Post
    In that case where do I change the AP and UIP settings - seems to be pretty static...
    Sorry, I see what you are saying now. You are correct, those BB settings are static and set during installation and cannot change. These should though connect to which ever carrier BES/BIS you are currently using.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire View Post
    Sorry, I see what you are saying now. You are correct, those BB settings are static and set during installation and cannot change. These should though connect to which ever carrier BES/BIS you are currently using.
    brmcquire Can I possible ask you to post or PM your settings - obvious I have an issue connecting!

The Treo 750V is not yet announce for Denmark where I live thus using a non standard setup....

Any change to fetch them and change during install?

Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I'm on the phone again with Cingular to see if there is something wrong with my account. Whenever I restart the service on the Treo 750 it immediately says disconnected and then says Stopped in the Status Tab.
    I also had my IT department remove and add me to the BES and still am not having success.
    I'm assuming in order for the BB desktop to connect to the Treo750 and provision it, the BB service has to be connected on the Treo am I correct?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Are you getting the "Pending" status in the BBC screen on your 750?

I've also noticed data connectivity on the Cingular 750 is sporadic. If I do a hard reset, everything connects fine and UTMS is rockin'. If I go into Connection Manager or try to get BBC working, and then go back to pIE and try to access a website, I get an error stating pIE cannot connect to the network.

I know the account is provisioned correctly as I can take my SIM from the 750, put it in my 8700 BB device and everything works as it should.

For those having BBC issues, here are my settings. Maybe they can help.

- Vodafone Treo 750v - Unlocked
    - Cingular Blackberry Service - Unlimited BBC Plan
    - Corporate BES Account
    - BBC Installed on my Treo 750v
    - BBC Desktop Installed on my computer

Connection Settings:

Name: Cingular
    Number: wap.cingular
    Connection Name: Cingular
    Modem: Cellular (GPRS, 3G)
    Access point name: wap.cingular
    User Name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    Domain: <blank>

Blackberry Connect Settings:

Identity Tab:

PIN: 66Bxxxx
    IMEI: 3526xxxxxxxxxxx
    IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx

Status Tab:

Service: Connected
    Suspend Options: Suspend At Startup (Checked)

Services Tab:

Service List
    Blackberry [ALP]
    Blackberry [CICAL]
    Blackberry [CMIME]

IT Policy Tab:

Updated: 1/11/07 7:59AM
    Name: xxxxxxx

Options Tab:

Connection: Blackberry (grayed out)

PIM Tab:

Calendar (Checked)

About Tab:

Blackberry Version: 2.1.2.31
    Transport Version: 2.1.0.75
    System Version: 228.58.98.115
    Device Type: Palm_Treo_750-GPRS

** Make sure you do not have other Blackberry Software installed on your computer when provisioning for the first time (i.e. Blackberry Desktop Manager)

** Make sure you already have a BES/BIS account configured
    Last edited by brmcguire; 01/12/2007 at 08:24 PM.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    For those having BBC issues, here are my settings. Maybe they can help.

- Vodafone Treo 750v - Unlocked
    - Cingular Blackberry Service - Unlimited BBC Plan
    - Corporate BES Account
    - BBC Installed on my Treo 750v
    [/I]
    Well I've spent hours and Cingular can't help me because they don't currently support the 750, and RIMM can't help me because they don't support Cingular in the united states. So all the information on your post seems to have appeared because you are runing a 750v and there is probably something slightly different enough that it works, and I would almost bet it's working through RIMM Europe and not RIMM North America because possibly your IMEI is a registered IMEI with RIMM in Europe.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Brian,

Thanks for all your help, but I just couldn't get it working and Cingular and RIM will not help me, so I canceled my blackberry connect service today. The active Sync works flawlessly and you can keep your calendars from the beginning of time which is a big deal to me, bb connect only goes back about a week or two.

Thanks again for your help.
    Does enyone know if the BlackBerry service is tied to the SIM card?

My carrier doesn't support Blackberry and for company policy reason I just can't swap to antoher one.

Would it be possible to keep the current carrier and then just add Blackberry servicve from another carrier or am I just hitting a dead end here?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    Brian,

Thanks for all your help, but I just couldn't get it working and Cingular and RIM will not help me, so I canceled my blackberry connect service today. The active Sync works flawlessly and you can keep your calendars from the beginning of time which is a big deal to me, bb connect only goes back about a week or two.

Thanks again for your help.
    I also prefer ActiveSync with the Exhane server. The email is just as quick and the handling of folders appears to be better. However, BB Connect has the ability to have multiple push email accounts as one of its advantages.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnyf View Post
    Does enyone know if the BlackBerry service is tied to the SIM card?

My carrier doesn't support Blackberry and for company policy reason I just can't swap to antoher one.

Would it be possible to keep the current carrier and then just add Blackberry servicve from another carrier or am I just hitting a dead end here?
    Your wireless carrier must support Blackberry to get blackberry service on your phone. There is no way to use two carriers. Your SIM is tied to the carrier in use.
    Brian McGuire
    Your wireless carrier must support Blackberry to get blackberry service on your phone. There is no way to use two carriers. Your SIM is tied to the carrier in use.
    Well I had seen it comming - I'll have to wait for my carrier to support BB

Thanks for your support
    Which carrier do you have? Is it a US carrier?
    Brian McGuire
    Which carrier do you have? Is it a US carrier?
    Nope. I'm in Denmark utilizing Sonofon as carrier. Have a pending question for bb support with them!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456