Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I removed all other BB software on the computer. The BB Connect software that I have gives me a choice during setup between BES or Lotus. I have access to neither. I just want to use BIS. Is this not possible? Should I give up?

Also, that drop down menu from which I am supposed to choose connection options on the second page in BB Connect on the device, is grayed out.

I realize that I am asking many questions so I thank you for helping me. If you would like me to send you a few PayPal bucks or something I will gladly do so. Especially if I can get up and running with this. It might save me from paying for another year of hosted exchange...which is still awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5 View Post
    I removed all other BB software on the computer. The BB Connect software that I have gives me a choice during setup between BES or Lotus. I have access to neither. I just want to use BIS. Is this not possible? Should I give up?

Also, that drop down menu from which I am supposed to choose connection options on the second page in BB Connect on the device, is grayed out.

I realize that I am asking many questions so I thank you for helping me. If you would like me to send you a few PayPal bucks or something I will gladly do so. Especially if I can get up and running with this. It might save me from paying for another year of hosted exchange...which is still awesome.
    If you just plan on using a BIS (Cingular's for example), I don't think you will need to provision your Treo with the BB Connect Desktop software. As long as you have a PIN number under the "Identity" tab, you should be able to use that PIN and your IMEI number. Make sure you create a NEW account on the Cingular BIS site if you already had another account. For some reason I had issues with using an existing BIS account.

No worries on helping. That's what these forums are for.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Thanks...I really do appreciate it.

I am actually using an iPAQ 6915 on T-Mobile and people on TreoCentral seem to know more about this than on other sites so I have followed this thread. Unfortunately, I have NO PIN under the "Identity" tab. It still says "Pending." I do have a PIN number for an old BB 7105 that I tried to enter on the T-Mobile/BIS webpage but that didn't work either.

I am under the impression that after the BB Connect software is on the phone I am supposed to make sure I have an internet connect using the "blackberry.net" APN. I have done that and it lets me browse the web just fine. However, the Blackberry Connect software is still in the state I describe above. Not yet giving me a PIN or and IP address.
    Any ideas on how to get the sent items from my desktop to sync with my 750? I had to do a hard reset and reinstall. For some reason, the folder doesn't sync anymore. I have 3 service books on my device, ALP, CICAL, and CMIME. Am i missing any? Any help appreciated.
    Hi-

I finally got the BBC to connect. The only problem now is that I can send messages, but I don't receive them. I do have the Web Client service book. Can anybody help?
    I think Cingular has BB Connect working over UMTS now. If you recall, BB Connect would only work on GSM/GPRS connections. I am now able to connect to the BES/BIS with a UMTS connection where before I could not. I am curious if others can as well.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Yes, BB Connect works with UMTS in NY now.
    I heard that BBC on the 750 does not allow attachments to be read. Is this true?

I saw the following on a phonescoop post

"I downloaded the blackberry connect software and it took me less than 20 minutes to set it up on the Treo 750 and activate it. (By the way, you need to get the BB connect sofware from Palm's website in Germany- it is free and don't ask why, it is what it is). Just for your information, you will be able to send and receive e-mails on BB Connect on your Treo, but you will not be able to open attachments. Why you ask? Because Blackberry set it up that way. I called customer care, then Palm customer care, then Blackberry Customer care. Finally, BBerry said that was they way the software was written."
    Quote Originally Posted by powerfrog View Post
    I heard that BBC on the 750 does not allow attachments to be read. Is this true?

I saw the following on a phonescoop post

"I downloaded the blackberry connect software and it took me less than 20 minutes to set it up on the Treo 750 and activate it. (By the way, you need to get the BB connect sofware from Palm's website in Germany- it is free and don't ask why, it is what it is). Just for your information, you will be able to send and receive e-mails on BB Connect on your Treo, but you will not be able to open attachments. Why you ask? Because Blackberry set it up that way. I called customer care, then Palm customer care, then Blackberry Customer care. Finally, BBerry said that was they way the software was written."
    BBC does allow you to read attachments. However, it uses the BBC attachment viewer instead of built in apps.
    Brian McGuire
    Has anyone gotten this to work with the Cingular released 750? The software installs but won't assign a pin. I'm thinking that the firmware is different enough to prevent it from starting. Any help is appreciated. I don't know how much longer I can stand Xpress mail.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Anyone get this to work on a Cingular branded 750? I keep hitting the "Pending" issue after installing the software on the 750. This is what I have tried so far:

- Ensured account is provisioned correctly - CHECK
    - Hard reset on the unit - CHECK
    - Install of BB Desktop Software - CHECK
    - Generates PIN - CHECK
    - Install BB Connect software via ActiveSync - CHECK
    - GSM only connection - CHECK

The only difference I can see is the Vodafone branded/Unlocked 750's work while the Cingy ones are locked down somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by loouloou View Post
    Anyone get this to work on a Cingular branded 750? I keep hitting the "Pending" issue after installing the software on the 750. This is what I have tried so far:

- Ensured account is provisioned correctly - CHECK
    - Hard reset on the unit - CHECK
    - Install of BB Desktop Software - CHECK
    - Generates PIN - CHECK
    - Install BB Connect software via ActiveSync - CHECK
    - GSM only connection - CHECK

The only difference I can see is the Vodafone branded/Unlocked 750's work while the Cingy ones are locked down somewhere.
    I have to ask, but I assume you have the BB Connect plan on your Cingular account? Also, I have BB Connect working over UMTS where as before I had to force a GSM connection.
    Brian McGuire
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply brmcguire

Yes, Blackberry Unlimited (not Blackberry Connect) is provisioned on the account and working. I can put my SIM into my 8700c, change the PIN assignment and the 8700c works.

On the 750, I can access all the websites I want through pIE.

Any other thoughts?

TIA!
    Quote Originally Posted by loouloou View Post
    Thanks for the reply brmcguire

Yes, Blackberry Unlimited (not Blackberry Connect) is provisioned on the account and working. I can put my SIM into my 8700c, change the PIN assignment and the 8700c works.

On the 750, I can access all the websites I want through pIE.

Any other thoughts?

TIA!
    PM me the steps you took with results and we can try to work through your issues.
    Brian McGuire
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    After I install the software onto the Treo 750 (Cingular) and bring up the BB software on the desktop I'm getting the following error:

Communication with the device was not successful.

Please verify the following and try again:
    1. Ensure the handset is connected to the computer
    2. Ensure the Blackberry software is running on the handset.

For Further details please consult the user guide.

I also called Cingular and found out they had my Treo 680 IMEI number and had them change it to the new one after I got a new 3G SIM. And at one poing I did have the bb connect software for the Treo 680 on the desktop but have uninstalled it. On the Treo 750 Identity tab the PIN:Pending, shows the IMEI number, and the IP address says No Connection.
    Last edited by mmereos; 01/12/2007 at 03:06 PM. Reason: incorrectly typed 650 instead of 750
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    After I install the software onto the Treo 650 (Cingular) and bring up the BB software on the desktop I'm getting the following error:

Communication with the device was not successful.

Please verify the following and try again:
    1. Ensure the handset is connected to the computer
    2. Ensure the Blackberry software is running on the handset.

For Further details please consult the user guide.

I also called Cingular and found out they had my Treo 680 IMEI number and had them change it to the new one after I got a new 3G SIM. And at one poing I did have the bb connect software for the Treo 680 on the desktop but have uninstalled it. On the Treo 750 Identity tab the PIN:Pending, shows the IMEI number, and the IP address says No Connection.
    I am having the exact same issues. I thought it had something to do with the previous BB software i had installed on my system. So i did a clean install of XP and tried again, same results.

It looks like something in the Cingular software is preventing the BB connect from working as it does on the 750v.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hi brmcguire!

I sent you a PM. I've also purchased an unlock code and am awaiting instructions for that to see if it helps.
    Is the BBC somehow locked into the carrier ?

I have a unlocked 750v and would like to utilize Sonofon as my provider and end up with Network avail and an irritating "no connection"

Also, how can I change the APN, ip info settings in the "connections" tab in BBC?
    BBC is not locked to any provider as long as they support Blackberry. I have a unlocked 750v as well on the Cingular network and BBC works fine. The APN is carrier specific. You ca typialy find the connection settings on there website or simply google.
    Brian McGuire
    In that case where do I change the AP and UIP settings - seems to be pretty static...
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast