Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am not having any disconnect issues...only downside is when i want to you another internet function, or pop account, it won't connect unless i disable bbconnect.very annoying. Would love to have my old calendar events as I frequently refer back to where i was on a particular day. Apart from that, no problems sending or receiving.
    I am getting frustrated with this disconnection issue. I am having issues getting connected as well.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    appears to be shaky software at best and there is not too much support around....
    Asides from the temporary "disconnect" issue which seems to be pretty common with the use of BB Connect while using PIE for example, my main problem with BB Connect is that it does as horrible job of viewing image attachments.

For some odd reason, the attachment viewer built into MS Messaging only reads things like .doc, .pdf, etc. But it doesn't support image formats like .jpgs.

I tried downloading a photo viewer program from Resco called Photo Viewer, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to integrate itself into the MS Messaging application.

I've read that Flexmail 2007 is a great application, but I have no idea if it's even possible to configure BB Connect to send mails to a 3rd-party e-mail application.

SY
    Quote Originally Posted by SY in Houston View Post
    Asides from the temporary "disconnect" issue which seems to be pretty common with the use of BB Connect while using PIE for example, my main problem with BB Connect is that it does as horrible job of viewing image attachments.

For some odd reason, the attachment viewer built into MS Messaging only reads things like .doc, .pdf, etc. But it doesn't support image formats like .jpgs.

I tried downloading a photo viewer program from Resco called Photo Viewer, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to integrate itself into the MS Messaging application.

I've read that Flexmail 2007 is a great application, but I have no idea if it's even possible to configure BB Connect to send mails to a 3rd-party e-mail application.

SY

I am not sure why the built in apps can be used to read attachments either. The previous versions of BB Connect (i.e. ones used on the 650) cannot read attachments in general. They were using Version 3.7 of the Blackberry software which does not read attachments until V4.0. I might just have to use the Xpress mail client until a patch comes out. Which is not ideal as you have to leave the computer on.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Just loaded up the Blackberry connect on my 750v and logged onto T-Mobile. Agreed to the pin change and sent the service books. Everything seems to work just fine (except for the photo attachment that would not view).

Email was the only weak part of the phone. Now that I have BBC on it, I am looking forward to a productive phone.
    Are there screenshots anywhere that show the various UI parts and screens?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saa001 View Post
    Just loaded up the Blackberry connect on my 750v and logged onto T-Mobile. Agreed to the pin change and sent the service books. Everything seems to work just fine (except for the photo attachment that would not view).

Email was the only weak part of the phone. Now that I have BBC on it, I am looking forward to a productive phone.
    I am also on Tmo and waiting for the 750(ordered from phonesource).
    Any problems loading the BBconnect software?
    Where did you get the bbc software from?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    for those with BBConnect, are you using it to log into an Exchange server to retrieve your emails? i also ordered a 750v and would very much like to have my emails deliivered (pushed) to my phone. Exchange push is not yes available for me. thx
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    I use BB Connect to get POP3 mail from two accounts (one of which is GMail) and get mail from a third account which runs on Exchange server (I input the Outlook Web Access https:// address).

Note that the 750v is limited to retrieving mail from 3 mailboxes when using BB Connect on BIS with T-Mobile and Cingular.
    I am curious if anyone has noticed this. When I did get a BB Connect connection, my 750 was picking up a EDGE (G) signal and not UMTS (U). I wonder if the reason I am not connecting is because of the UMTS connection and maybe BB Connect does not work with that. I am probably wrong, but I can't really think of another reason.
    Brian McGuire
    For the short time in which BB Connect was working for me on Cingular's network (i.e. before I decided to open up Pocket Internet Explorer), I had UMTS the whole time and was receiving mail to the phone without any problems.

Off topic a little: which Cingular plan is best if using the Treo with just Activesync Exchange push e-mail? (i.e. no Blackberry service). MediaNet? Or the Smartphone data plan?

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by SY in Houston View Post
    For the short time in which BB Connect was working for me on Cingular's network (i.e. before I decided to open up Pocket Internet Explorer), I had UMTS the whole time and was receiving mail to the phone without any problems.

Off topic a little: which Cingular plan is best if using the Treo with just Activesync Exchange push e-mail? (i.e. no Blackberry service). MediaNet? Or the Smartphone data plan?

Simon
    Unlimited PDA Internet Plan. I believe it's $39.99.
    Brian McGuire
    I am sticking to my original assumption that BB Connect likes a GPRS (EDGE) connection over UMTS. For those who are having disconnect issues using BB Connect, try the following. A few things lead me to this discovery.

1. Looking at the "about" tab in BB Connect it says "Device Type: Palm_Treo_750_GPRS" ....interesting, but I figured it meant all types in general

2. I changed my connection to use GPRS/EDGE rather then UMTS. I did this from the "Wireless Manager" >> Menu >> Band Selection tab >> GSM (drop down option)

I then launched BB Connect. I have not lost a connection since I did this. It still suspends when i use the internet, etc., but it resumes after i close/minimize pIE. Which leads me to believe that the BB Connect client prefers/or was developed to use this type of connection and not UMTS. I know I have read others that have successfully used UMTS with BB Connect. I have probably done so as well. I was recently at a leadership meeting in a hotel and did notice that I was getting a BB Connection inside only with a GPRS/EDGE connection. This lead me to believe that I can only get connected on GPRS/EDGE. This might be a bug or we just have all thought that UMTS actually worked with BB Connect. I am not sure, but these are my observations.
    Last edited by brmcguire; 11/02/2006 at 01:13 PM.
    Brian McGuire
    Thanks for the tips. I actually tried out the MEdia Net unlimited plan and I can still use PIE, Google Maps, etc. so this is a handy way to save money (since the MEdia Net unlimited plan only costs $20). I asked the customer service rep what the difference was between the MEdia Net unlimited, PDA connect, and laptop connect plan, and she didn't really know. Maybe devices that are Cingular-branded are somehow "forced" to use those plans (i.e. a Palm Treo sold by Cingular might only work on the PDA plan while the unlocked Vodafone Treo doesn't have the same restriction)?

That's interesting how BB Connect works fine when you are using GPRS/EDGE. If that's the case, then it definitely isn't worth it to switch away from T-Mobile's Blackberry plan using EDGE since they are $20 for BIS versus $45 for BB Connect on Cingular.

For now, I've decided to stick with Cingular and use their MEdia Net plan and a $2/month hosted Exchange account on mail2web. The Exchange activesync "push" e-mail works pretty well, and "plays nicely" with other apps needing to use the net, so I might just use that route for a while.

Simon
    I am on T-Mo BIS and just loaded BBC on my 750v. Seems to work fine. It registered with the network right away, I changed the PIN on the T-Mo website and started sending and receiving messages.

A few questions;

- If I am using BIS, do I need the BB Connect Desktop for Windows Mobile. I am assuming NO.

- Is there a way to reconcile messages so that once I delete off the 750, they are deleted off my POP server.

- There is a Syncronize Now option on the 750. Could that be used for reconcilliation and how can you tell that it is accessing anything over the network? There do not seem to be any indicators present as exist on a normal BB device.

Thanks in advance !!
    Thanks,

np
    Hi-

I installed the BBC on my 750V. On the BBC identity page, I have a PIN and IMEI, but no connection. When I try to register, nothing happens, nor when I send a service book. I can connect to the internet, so I know the GPRS settings are right.

Can anyone help? Thanks.
    BB Connect will not connect when its in UMTS mode. For some reason BB Connect only likes a GPRS/EDGE connection. I keep mine on GSM only mode during the day. I only switch back to Auto (UMTS/EDGE) when I plan on surfing, etc.
    Brian McGuire
    The BB indicators are 4 small circle like icons when its fully connected and syncing with the BES. Two icons are for connectd but not syncing. icon with a explanation point is typically a app is using the connection.
    Brian McGuire
    I always get either the two icons or the exclamation point. Is there any way to force a connection?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast