Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    here's a sample of a video. (actually its the complete music video) I simply will not settle for doing the PROPER resolution because I lose way too much of my screen real esate. So I stretch. I try to stretch to a comfortable point so everyone doesn't look like coneheads. usually i keep it around 240x180..first value always stays the same..its usually just the top and bottom you have to worry about. The quality on this video is insane.

You must have TCMP in order to play this file. (The Core Media Player)

everyone should chime in more. ..please tell me what you think of the video..the quality, and how it generally looks/performs on your Treo 700wx.

Whatever methods you have of obtaining the best quality video for playback on your device...

This video was encoded with Lathe 1.5. (Omniquiti) specifically for the Treo's screen. Should work on the wx/w/p.

Buttons Music Video
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/z03z0t
    Last edited by dialekt; 09/24/2006 at 04:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    113 views..im sure at least 20 people downloaded the video..anyone wanna throw me some feedback please
    I played the clip on my wx using the latest TCPMP and it's impressive to see how the treo performs with such a small screen! The clip is very smooth with good sound, hardly any jitters. Maybe due to the combination of a good stable player and your encoding. Good job!

Stretching the video gives only little of that stretch cone feel your talking about, not enough for me to be annoyed about... nice.

-Oly
    Last edited by olywogle; 09/19/2006 at 06:25 PM.
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    I'm downloading the video now, but you're math seems right. Normal NTSC television (regular US television, not HD) uses a 4x3 aspect ratio. So if you're maximum horizontal resolution is 240 pixels, you would use 180 pixels for vertical to preserve the image aspect ratio of a normal tv image.

For a Treo 700p or 650 that have a maximum horizontal resolution of 320 pixels, the vertical resolution would be 240.

True, you end up with bascially a letterbox image, but that's how its really intended to be viewed.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Yeah that video was somewhat "cheated' because it was originally a 4:3 music video...Here's another video that was originally widescreen. It's actually a music video that I was featured in . Look for the guy with the jeans and tan shirt that starts breakdancing at the end. (shaved head)..

I realize how small the video appears when you properly do the resolution. Kinda sad and makes me miss the 6700's LandSCAPE. But that's not the topic of discussion right now. We are here to go APE on our treo 700wxs let me know if it looks too stretched...I just to stretch to that point that's right before the "conehead syndrome".

Ron Patterson - We Can Do It (Music Video) (DVD Source)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m9g779
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    up to 213 views now...

(bump)

hehe
    huh. couldn't help to notice that Lathe 1.5 just became available in the warez community on the 19th-ish. lol

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    why point it out though? bad man...bad , bad man..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dialekt View Post
    why point it out though? bad man...bad , bad man..lol
    hehe...true, true. actually, if it wasn't for you post I would have skipped over something called "Lathe". Now I'm using it

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Lathe is a great tool ..but more or less limited to a specific source..other than that it'd be awesome. Wonder what other encoding tool i can waste money on ? lol .

Smartmovie looks sad.....
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    anyone come up with what the best settings for resolution for stretching without making it look coneheadish? or does it all depend on the original res?
    I used Nero Mobile Player and the audio / video was out of sync after trying to FF a little bit. Though this is probably the players fault. I'm d/ling the core player and will try that.

Any recommendations for encoding HDTV from Win XP MCE DVR-MS format to play on the Treo? WMV looks like crap.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    encoding HDTV!? umm..what are you using straight transport streams?
    Quote Originally Posted by dialekt View Post
    encoding HDTV!? umm..what are you using straight transport streams?
    It's not .ts but .dvr-ms files that Win XP MCE creates with uncompressed HDTV streams (approx 19MB/s).