1.    #1  
    WTH?? Is this true? Do you guys have to pay for Modem Link (aka Phone as a modem)? I downloaded the sprint connection manager w/ the driver for 700wx but I don't want to pay $39 in addition to the gobs of money I give sprint for my monthly fee.

Can I use PDANET and then won't have to pay $39?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    PAM costs if you dont have the unlimited Vision pack. PDAnet works without, but I would advise paying the unlimited vision and using it for all it's worth.
  3. jmt
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch75 View Post
    WTH?? Is this true? Do you guys have to pay for Modem Link (aka Phone as a modem)? I downloaded the sprint connection manager w/ the driver for 700wx but I don't want to pay $39 in addition to the gobs of money I give sprint for my monthly fee.

Can I use PDANET and then won't have to pay $39?
    Could you please tell me or supply a link to where you can download "connection manager w/ the driver for the 700wx? I have looked all over the Sprint website without finding it.
    I'm not too sure on these figures, call Sprint to be sure.

The basic $15 Powervision plan (which you should have with a 700wx, because it doesn't support Picturemail or SprintTV) does not include PAM. If all you have is a basic data plan and you use your phone as a modem, you will get charged .$03 per KB, which will quickly empty your wallet.

I believe the $39 PAM plan includes powervision access on the handset, so you're paying $39 dollars total, not in addition to the $15.

With PDAnet, I believe that you won't incur any PAM charges, but make sure you have an unlimited data plan otherwise you'll rack up charges very quickly.
    so, if I have the SERO plan, I have to add the $39PAM plan on top of that in order to tether?

:-/
    Treo 700wx = FTW
    ppc6700 = meh...
    Treo 650 = FTL
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    The basic $15 Powervision plan (which you should have with a 700wx, because it doesn't support Picturemail or SprintTV) does not include PAM. If all you have is a basic data plan and you use your phone as a modem, you will get charged .$03 per KB, which will quickly empty your wallet.
    The $15 powervision plan (and those beyond it) includes unlimited data. This means that using PDAnet charges should not incur since PDAnet sidesteps sprint detcting PAM use.

In the initial wx review it was noted that you could tether out of the box using the sprint software apparently without a PAM plan and without additional charges but I haven't seen any follow up to the posts on it verifying this was the case. So, it seems that it is use at your own risk currently but the 700wx may be letting people tether for free (ok, not free but no additional charge other than a powervision plan which you would have anyway with a treo)
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thelizardman View Post

In the initial wx review it was noted that you could tether out of the box using the sprint software apparently without a PAM plan and without additional charges but I haven't seen any follow up to the posts on it verifying this was the case.
    Probably because it hasn't been out long enough for anyone trying to get a bill.
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Probably because it hasn't been out long enough for anyone trying to get a bill.
    I have used the sprint program to tether, I am still waiting on my next bill
    Treo 700wx = FTW
    ppc6700 = meh...
    Treo 650 = FTL
    Quote Originally Posted by keylempa View Post
    I have used the sprint program to tether, I am still waiting on my next bill
    Is this not something you can check by looking at your account usage via sprint's website? similar to call minutes & text messages