Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    So I have had the 700wx for the weekend and found a bug perhaps.

I have the Q and sync with Exhchange no issues, push is fast and every thing is in sync.

On the 700wx, Active sync is acting a little different then the Q. Push is working, but not consistanly. Some times sync does not occur when new email is in.

Of course I am testing this while the Q is off, as to understand why the client on the 700wx is acting like this.

Seems to be a little issue, but I guess I could just set the schdule in Active sync to every 5 min till a update comes out. If it is a bug, I hope it gets addressed, but the Q is spot on with push evey time.

Thanks,
    Matt.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattalter View Post
    So I have had the 700wx for the weekend and found a bug perhaps.

I have the Q and sync with Exhchange no issues, push is fast and every thing is in sync.

On the 700wx, Active sync is acting a little different then the Q. Push is working, but not consistanly. Some times sync does not occur when new email is in.

Of course I am testing this while the Q is off, as to understand why the client on the 700wx is acting like this.

Seems to be a little issue, but I guess I could just set the schdule in Active sync to every 5 min till a update comes out. If it is a bug, I hope it gets addressed, but the Q is spot on with push evey time.

Thanks,
    Matt.
    Mine, plus many others (if not most), sync without fail. I doubt if you've found a bug...

You're talking two different providers, right? How's your Sprint signal vs. the Verizon signal? btw - what is the schedule on your WX - "as items arrive" I assume?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have good single with Sprint. Of course it is set as items arrive. I am seeing the bug now. I sent a test mail, the 700wx got it. I then delete it on the 700wx and on my desktop Oulook client, the server does not reflect the delete.

From what I understand, I know deletions are not imediate, but it will evently happen. The Q acts this way, a deletion on the Q will update the server in a few minutes, where as the 700wx will not update the server till and new email comes in or I send a email from the 700wx.

The 700wx will only update the server with deletions as new mail or sending mail. I just tested this.

Perhaps not a bug, but Active sync on the Q acts diffently. Perhaps Aku updates are different between smartphone and ppc.

Thanks,
    Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Mine, plus many others (if not most), sync without fail. I doubt if you've found a bug...

You're talking two different providers, right? How's your Sprint signal vs. the Verizon signal? btw - what is the schedule on your WX - "as items arrive" I assume?
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Well, that's a whole different story

True, I noticed that deletes don't sync immediately - I didn't consider that a bug, and it doesn't affect my usage. How about sending and recieving emails - is that working as it should?