Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Well, I did a search on battery life and came up with just one post for the 700w, so I wanted to ask if I am the only person suffering from abysmal battery life on the 700wx.

Before anyone asks, here is my setup...

- Activesync set to manual.
    - Screen turned down two ticks from where they shipped it.
    - BT and Beam receive off
    - Skype loaded but not logged in.

I am getting through a day, mostly less than that. Is this normal? I know that the activesync push email would kill my battery, which is why I changed it, but I expected at least two days with my current config....

If this is the norm, I am returning mine...
    Quote Originally Posted by porcaccio View Post
    Well, I did a search on battery life and came up with just one post for the 700w, so I wanted to ask if I am the only person suffering from abysmal battery life on the 700wx.

Before anyone asks, here is my setup...

- Activesync set to manual.
    - Screen turned down two ticks from where they shipped it.
    - BT and Beam receive off
    - Skype loaded but not logged in.

I am getting through a day, mostly less than that. Is this normal? I know that the activesync push email would kill my battery, which is why I changed it, but I expected at least two days with my current config....

If this is the norm, I am returning mine...
    Turn skype off (e.g. not running) and get back to me.

I believe the 2.0 version used a tremendous amount of CPU usage, even in standby. not sure if it's the same with 2.1 beta.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Ok, I will try that badhead :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by porcaccio View Post
    Ok, I will try that badhead :-)
    glad someone understands that.

I have a vanilla WX, nothing really loaded at all, but my battery lasts about a day, in fact, I just charge it every night, because it's so low by the end of the day. I don't use the phone much, I just check email maybe once every few hours. I'm not in the "Sprint coverage area" sometimes, while I'm at work, would that cause the battery drainage?
    I bought an aftermarket cradle/charger and it solved all my battery problems. just to make sure, I bought a spare battery off of ebay for when I travel.

But for normal daily use (not alot of surfing or m-media) I use about 1/2 the battery per day.

Don't be to worried. If this is a new toy, you are going to play with it more initially and hence, more power use. Besides, this is closer to a lap-top computer than a cell phone, so keep in mind how much juice it takes to power that screen and push/pull data over the network.
    with all that said, is there any other batt that we can buy to prolong the life or the Treo.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    with all that said, is there any other batt that we can buy to prolong the life or the Treo.
    Seidio extended battery
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I'm definitely seeing less battery life on my 700wx than I did with my 650, but to be fair, I really just used the 650 as a phone, there really wasn't all the multimedia stuff to play with. Now I use SlingPlayer, MiniXM, and SiriuCE, so I understand why my battery is draining. My brightness is set at 50% on both phones, so that doesn't have anything to do with it. What would help is if the red power button could be used just to turn the screen off like on the 650, that way during sat radio streaming, the battery life would be extended. That button works different than it did on the 650, now it shuts the power off, including data transfer.

I did get kind of spoiled by my 650, the battery lasted almost through the week...now I have to charge the 700 about every other day, sometimes once a day. I have my USB sync/charge retractable cable that I keep here at work, so the battery stays topped off, not a big deal.

I don't mind at all the trade-off in battery life for the extended functionality...
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Guys, I understand the need to justify our purchase, but really, I just use the phone for phone calls throughout the day (five to ten short ones, maybe one longer one). I check email maybe every three hours and the battery is down to nothing at the end of the day. I haven't surfed, used Slingplayer or anything else.

I originally thought, thanks to Malatesta's advice, that Skype was active, but looking at the running programs, that wasn't true either.

My conclusion, and this is personal experience, is that either my battery is defective or the 700wx sucks down way too much power for my tastes. I am not asking for a GSM phone's week, but lasting to the next morning should be feasible.

I find it quite frustrating. My ppc-6700 was better on battery than this...
    Maybe I'm the only one but I'm getting @ 3 days out of a charge if not more. I use the phone moderately throughout the day with a few calls here and there, check my email once or twice, maybe use IM+ for a few minutes, but nothing heavy. I have my brightness all the way up - just personal preference. First couple of days I was down to 25% at night but I was banging on the thing all day installing new programs, playing around with it, surfing the net etc. Personally I would ask for a new battery. If I can get 3 days out of it I will be happy given the light years ahead of the 650 that this thing is.
    Well, good to know it wasn't Skype.

It's also important to consider that most (new) batteries require a good 2-3 weeks of charge/discharge to reach it's maximum capacity.

Like others have mentioned, I high recommend the Seidio extended battery (33% more battery, same size as the stock) and I just purchased 3 cradles (1 for home, 1 for the bedroom, 1 for work). Not sure I "need" them as I can make most of the day but why not? If I'm just at my desk, why not charge it up for the ride home tonight (watching Slingbox).

my wx lasted as long as my w, and both (running goodlink with extremely heavy transmissions) last from 430am til almost late evening (if memory serves me).
    I would like to thank Seidio for making a extended battery since I do some heavy usage with my wx (it's almost a laptop replacement). My 6700 has that extended battery "junk in the trunk" form factor and lasted a very long time (still does to this day), but I did get some funny smiles from my coworkers when they first saw me using it (my wife hates to be around me when I use it). With the Treo, I dont get those looks anymore... (but my wife still hates the fact that I have a PDA attached to my ear around her)

I don't think I can let go of the 6700 just yet ...it still goes in my gearbag as a backup but it sure is starting to collect a lot of dust due to my 700wx usage.

-Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    I don't have a wx, but I do have a 650 and a Moto Q. The Q battery life is pretty weak, with and without GMM loaded on. WM as an OS (in all flavors) seems to have an effect on battery life as this was the case with the 6600 as well as the 6700, though not as severe as you all are stating.
    Is you bluetooth turned on all day and you are not using it? That can drain a battery.

Also, if you do not need the GPS function...turn that off as well.

You may have a bad battery...maybe a Sprint store will give you a new one?

I bought the Sedio extended, and love it.

EricE
    EricE
    Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1843 View Post
    Is you bluetooth turned on all day and you are not using it? That can drain a battery.EricE
    It actually uses surprising little battery life to leave the BT on. I've tested this with many devices to be certain, and the difference between having it on and having it off was typically about 15 minutes of usage.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    It actually uses surprising little battery life to leave the BT on. I've tested this with many devices to be certain, and the difference between having it on and having it off was typically about 15 minutes of usage.
    i agree. leaving BT on "receive beam" on is fine and uses barely any battery life, they're the two biggest "urban legends" about battery use.

The stock battery usually lasted me a good 24 hours with heavy text messaging. Now that I got the extended battery from Seidio, the phone lasts me a little less than 48 hours with some good usage on it, especially texting.

Too bad the chargers for the batteries are quite expensive. Takes me a good 5-6 hours to fully charge both batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    Too bad the chargers for the batteries are quite expensive. Takes me a good 5-6 hours to fully charge both batteries.
    u can just use the charger that comes with the treo for the seidio 2400mah right?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast