Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well if anyone follows the threads, I had a conversation with Malatesta about the 750v having Threaded texts and pointed out the the Palm website does say the 700w series has threaded texts... I sat on this and just got annoyed at Palm so I emailed their customer support asking why they use false advertising... here is my response... this isn't a joke. I swear. On my mom. She's dead... so I am reallllly serious. Seriously. She's dead.

Dear Keith

Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Irish and I will be assisting you with regard to the ability of your Treo™ 700wx to thread text messages.

Keith, when you exchange more than one text message with a single contact, those messages are automatically grouped into a chat session

The SMS application on your device groups messages to and from the same person into chats. For example, if you send an SMS message to 1-650-555-1212 on Monday, and receive a message from them on Tuesday, and then you send another message to them on Friday, all those messages will be grouped into a single chat session. How are the chat sessions named? If the phone number is associated with a person in your Contacts list, the title of the chat session will be that person's name. Otherwise, the title will be the phone number.

We want to make sure that your issue is resolved. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. You can also find more information about Palm products, including troubleshooting articles and frequently asked questions at:

http://www.palm.com/us/support

A Customer Satisfaction Survey will be emailed to you shortly. We hope you will take the time to provide us with feedback about your support experience as it will help us in our effort to continually improve our services.

Thank you for choosing Palm.

Sincerely,

Irish

Palm Technical Support
    Last edited by Darth Pooh; 09/18/2006 at 04:44 PM.
    umm... ok, then HOW do we USE this feature?
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
    Interesting. She's probably wrong, I really think Palm yanked the upgraded OS+tweaks in the last minute, which is why we've seen this disconnect. But I'm willing to use this letter to press them on it.

Could you point out which page on the palm website mentions threaded SMS for the wx?
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Interesting. She's probably wrong, I really think Palm yanked the upgraded OS+tweaks in the last minute, which is why we've seen this disconnect. But I'm willing to use this letter to press them on it.

Could you point out which page on the palm website mentions threaded SMS for the wx?
    "Threaded text messages in a single chat view let you keep the conversation going."
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...00w/email.html

Under "Text Messaging", last line.

That letter is funny, btw. We should definitely use it to needle them about this feature/planned updates, etc.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5.    #5  
    Oh, sorry guys... I knew she was completely wrong here... just saying that I thought it was funny that they don't even know their own devices.

Documented proof on their website and via email they are unaware of it.
  6.    #6  
    I think it's important for the rest of us to send PALM similar emails requesting where the THREADED TEXT feature is that they so blatently advertise on their website. It would be interesting to see the rest of the replies that we get... I hope this wasn't some canned response and more thought goes into their customer service support staff.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    let's go! let's force them to update.. MORE people should contribute to this thread and email PALM
    I sent a very long email.

I will post their response when I get it.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    just shot an email to them too....took a while to find the "other support options" option

Andy
    Someone should post that email address here to expedite things...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    it's a webform but you can get to it if you search for an answer on the support site and then go to the bottom of the results page and click "more options"

A
    No, the email address from the replay Darth got back.
    I am down to emailing them to get threaded sms.
    I sent them a message! And posted the promotional language from there site:

Text messaging.2
    Send brief text messages to colleagues, friends, and others, using the built-in messaging application. To save time, insert predefined text phrases such as, "call me" or "on my way." You can even create your own frequently used phrases. Threaded text messages in a single chat view let you keep the conversation going.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    response for Palm Tier1 so far:

Dear Andrew:

Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Persanneth. I understand that you are concerned about the threaded SMS feature of the Treo™ 700wx.

Andrew, I understand that you have read it in our website that you can use threaded SMS with your device. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you. To dig into the issue deeper and to fully understand it, I am going to forward your concern to our level 2 support so that they can perform further simulation and research about your issue. They should be able to get back to you as soon as they find a solution.

In the mean time, if there are other matters we can assist you with, just write us back and we’d be happy to help you.
    oh and the email it came from since I am a mac user I suppose was: Macintosh@palm.com
    Last edited by ahalvor; 09/18/2006 at 10:24 PM. Reason: added email address
  16.    #16  
    I think we are going to get someone's attention. Either we will get this program or we will get them to remove the description from their website.

Dear Keith:

Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Anthony. I will address your inquiry about the Treo™ 700wx threaded messaging capability.

I understand that your Treo 700wx is not doing a threaded text chat messages. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, but be assured that we are committed in resolving this issue with you.

To dig into the issue deeper and to fully understand it, I am going to forward your concern to our Level 2 support so that they can perform further simulation and research about your issue. They should be able to get back to you as soon as they can confirm the cause.

In the mean time, if there are other matters we can assist you with, just write us back and we’d be happy to help you.

Keith, we want to make sure that your issue is resolved. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. You can also find more information about Palm products, including troubleshooting articles and frequently asked questions at:

A Customer Satisfaction Survey will be emailed to you shortly. We hope you will take the time to provide us with feedback about your support experience as it will help us in our effort to continually improve our services.

Sincerely,

Anthony

Palm Technical Support
    support@realdice.com

this is the address that I found on there site when I searched for "contact us". if anyone has other address please post them cause it is hard to find.

I will let you guys know what I find out.
    I wrote:
    I am the former owner of a Treo 600, 650 and 700p. I recently purchased at 700wx. Prior to purchasing the device (through Sprint telesales), I investigated whether or not the 700wx included threaded SMS, knowing that the 700w did not. Everything I was told and everthing that I read indicated that it did. When I received I 700wx, even the manual included in the box confirmed this.

I have now discovered that this is not the case. There is no threaded SMS at all. The SMS application appears to be the standard Windows Mobile 5 Phone Edition SMS program. I cannot understand this. Palm clearly has created a WM5 compatible threaded SMS program -- one is confirmed to be included in the Treo 750v that is being released on Vodaphone in Europe.

I cannot understand why Palm would use false advertising and, indeed, include false information in the user manual itself about such a critical function of the phone.

Please advise when and how Palm plans to resolve this by providing the threaded SMS program that was advertised to be included with Treo 700wx to those that purchased it.
    Palm replied:
    Thank you for contacting Palm Technical Support. My name is Edmund. I understand that you are concerned about the threaded text messages feature of the Treo™ 700wx wherein you can view the text message in a single chat view.

MHR, we apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you. To dig into the issue deeper and to fully understand it, I am going to forward your concern to our level 2 support so that they can perform further simulation and research about your issue. They should be able to get back to you as soon as they find a solution.

MHR, we want to make sure that your issue is resolved. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. You can also find more information about Palm products, including troubleshooting articles and frequently asked questions at:

Sincerely,

Edmund
    Palm Technical Support
    Last edited by MHR; 09/19/2006 at 11:36 AM.
  19.    #19  
    Well said. I think we need to continue this assault of complaints/questions against Palm.
    does any one have any address to email are complaints and concerns to. I will send as many emails to everyone I can. the more the marrier.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast