Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    For some people this may not be a big deal. That's great.

For others, myself included, it is a big deal.

Of course we're going to see a resolution. Of course that resolution is that we'll get threaded SMS on the wx (and w). Our goal is to speed that process by applying pressure.

Does a class action lawsuit cost money? Yes. It doesn't make sense here, at least not yet.

I have escalated to Palm corporate and expect an answer soon.

Obviously once a .cab from the 750v is out, this is moot.

Until then, keep at it.

This is just one instance of false advertising. If you don't react, it happens again. And again.
    Surur do you concur that we will get this app then?
    Jimmie Geddes
    I thought it wasn't a big deal considering the 700wx was my first Treo, but I cannot live without the threaded SMS because I have to keep going back to sent messages to see what the person replied to (I send upwards of 5000 messages per month, plus another 5000 received).
  4.    #64  
    Ok... since I am the OP, here is the deal. If you don't see the big deal behind Threaded Text Messaging, that's fine. YOU SHOULD see the big deal in the false advertising of the Threaded Text Messaging. It might not be a feature you care about this time... but it might be something you care about next time.

Don't thread crap with your opinion, this thread is strictly for the gathering of responses from Palm so we can get what we were advertised. Removing the "information" from the website IS NOT an acceptable response.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Palm has been telling a lot of lies recently, such as blaming MS for only having bluetooth 1.2, when HTC has been doing bluetooth 2 for more than 6 months already.

Surur
    I so caught that during the video premier party for the 750v...all I thought was a big "what the...?". That Palm rep simply said "You'll have to ask Microsoft, their OS doesn't support BT 2.0".

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    yess it sounds like without a doubt we will have the threaded text messaging. but how soon is the age old question.

and i wonder if they are going to include a2dp in the update. that would be just great. it seems like these things should have been released in the first update.
    In my earlier post in this thread when I spoke to someone at palm they told me at the latest will have the threaded text messaging in 3 months they are still testing it or something. Take that for what it is worth, but at least that was a reasonable answer.
    Technical excuses are just that - excuses. If sprint provides enough identifying information to do threaded sms on the treo 700p, the same information should be available on the wx. If wm5 doesnt mangle to sms on the gsm network it wont do it on cdma either. Hell, all the use to thread is probably just the recipient and time!

Palm has been telling a lot of lies recently, such as blaming MS for only having bluetooth 1.2, when HTC has been doing bluetooth 2 for more than 6 months already.

Surur
    < < edited by septimus > >
    < < edited by septimus > >
    < < Edit by Septimus > >
    Sprint's responses are just canned and often totally incorrect.

< < Edit by septimus > >
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 09/20/2006 at 02:55 PM. Reason: No longer applicable
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man View Post
    Sprint's responses are just canned and often totally incorrect. What are you not understanding?
    < < Edit by septimus > >
    < < Edit by septimus: no longer applicable > >

< < Edit by septimus: we done yet? > >
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Ok... since I am the OP, here is the deal. If you don't see the big deal behind Threaded Text Messaging, that's fine. YOU SHOULD see the big deal in the false advertising of the Threaded Text Messaging. It might not be a feature you care about this time... but it might be something you care about next time.

Don't thread crap with your opinion, this thread is strictly for the gathering of responses from Palm so we can get what we were advertised. Removing the "information" from the website IS NOT an acceptable response.

I completely agree, and all I have is a 650.
    I know exactly how it goes, when a company reasons that they can get more sales by pitching something they don't have.
    And then making the canned reply: "we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Yea sure, what’s the big deal?
    That a good percentage of the time, they know exactly what they are doing, and rely on the fact that most won't bother, and figure 'oh well'
    And if you let them go on this, they will continue to pull this kind of crap!
    Just call me Berd.
    < < edit by septimus: I guess we're not done yet > >

16.    #76  
    < < Edity by septimus: duly noted > >
    < < edit by septimus: I'm still trying to keep this thread open > >

We're talking about threaded SMS here. I called into Palm who initially gave their standard response of having to call Sprint but ended up saying that they were aware of the issue. No word on releasing an update to the public or to Sprint, but they at least know about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Anyway, I don't understand how someone who constantly gets into issues with people is still on this forum. I know he has been told more than once to watch himself. I wish the forum mods would take further note to his thread posting habits.
    Just hit the old "" when appropiate

19.    #79  
    Eh... I am not that guy. Anyrate.

My tier 2 email hasn't been responded to and I feel like they are just going to remove the description from the webpage. I think we need to keep emailing and calling.
    I expect to have more to report later today concerning Palm's reaction.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast