Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since people will be getting thier 750v's shortly and this is the best place to get tips I wanted to ask you to help us out
    Jimmie Geddes
  2.    #2  
    It's coming out tomorrow, so please help us out
    Jimmie Geddes
    It's been out for a week.
    No, Vodaphone changed their date to 10/2. Have you heard of anyone that has one?

Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man View Post
    It's been out for a week.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    No, Vodaphone changed their date to 10/2. Have you heard of anyone that has one?
    yup. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=125235

but in fairness to the OP, the asian Treo sector is not very prominent on this board or many other english sites, so the Vodaphone people would be our best shot.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    and xda developers. there the real hackers
    i tried getting a memory dump while at the engadget boston meetup- but was unsuccessful... the woman guarding it noticed what i was doing and told me not to stick anything in the phone- i was plugging in my mini-sd to run spbbackup and total commander to get the rom...
    All that needs to be done is the rom needs to be copied and then sent to xda developers or whoever else and they'll be able to reverse engineer it... it's possible that the cab files could just install with no hacking required
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  8.    #8  
    Nice try!!! I have a feeling we'll have it very soon
    Jimmie Geddes
    Dang, Kenundrum. If i knew you were at Engadget/what you were trying to do, I would have asked Elizabeth to let you go for it...

(I was the guy handing out drink tickets)
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Well- i didn't know there was going to be a 750- and i just happened to have my mini-sd card full of troubleshooting stuff because i was having problems with my 6700. i thought i'd be spontaneous... I was actually trying to find people i remembered from the last time i saw anyone from treocentral- which unfortunately was the treo roadshow in boston and my memory wasn't spectacular.

Yea- i was sooo close too! there were 3 other people there and they were asking questions about the samsung and another WM smartphone, and i was handling the 750- i made sure that it had the threaded sms and i was impressed at the phone overall, i popped open the mini-sd cover and had the card in hand and then was told- "uh. please don't put anything in the phone... if you want to try it out, see how it feels, that's ok, but don't put anything in the phone"

oh well- my good deed for the community that day was showing the guy who asked the question about a2dp what real a2dp sounded like (he was just plugging the headphones in with a stereo jack) and showed him some places to get ipod compatible dongles.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    dANG we almost had it. oh well. very soon hopefully
  12.    #12  
    Some readers on TC now have the 750v in their hands. Can someone post how they would go about getting us the threaded messaging app off of their 750v?
    Jimmie Geddes
    I'm not sure an spb backup is what we need. The xda guys have a program you can load onto your mini sd card and when you insert it the rom is copied over.

Check out this thread when someone did it on a 700w.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...highlight=700w
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Here is the grab_it tool. You just rename it to autorun.exe, create folder '2577' on your (empty) mini-sd card and copy 'autorun.exe' to this folder.
    Then any device you stick that sd card into it will copy the rom. Use a card reader on your pc/laptop to get it off of the sd card and upload the rom.
    Use this to get the SMS app off of your 750v. It will help out many people
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jimmie Geddes
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Doesn't work, comes up with Error, Cannot create file! this is on an empty 1Gb miniSD card

Oh BTW I got my 750v today
    We've got to try to get someone to post how to get the threaded SMS app, we finally have someone willing to do it.
    Jimmie Geddes
    It could be that the folder name for the storage card is not the standard "Storage Card".

1. Goto this registry Section [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ StorageManager\Profiles\PCMCIA]
    2. Check the value of "Folder" and if it's not "Storage Card" change it.
    3. Then soft reset

You can change it back after you grab the dump.

The xda thread on grab_it is at
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=238945
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    the tension is so thick you can cut it with a knife.....
    ugg its just so close. im dying right now.

all i need is threaded text and a2dp. (does the 750v even have a2dp)
    This thread died! We need those threaded SMS! I saw we pool up our money and make it worth someones while!
    hey thats a good idea. i got 10 dollars this way
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast