Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've gone through many websites to try and figure out when we'll be able to get unlocked versions of the Treo 750 outside Europe (specifically in Asia), but have not had much success. I've read that the exclusivity period for Vodafone Europe lasts anywhere from as short as a few weeks (I know it's vague) to as long as 6 months.

Does anyone have a real picture as to when we might get that in Asia? I know there are rumors about the phone being available with Cingular in the US possibly in Oct. That almost makes me want to go back for a "vacation" just to pick up the phone
    I'd buy an unlocked in a heartbeat also. Keep in mind however, that if Cingular offers it, it will be locked to Cingular so it won't help you in Asia.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    the exclusive period is 3 months, so you will most likely see an unlocked 750v after the new year.
    I could probably get Vodafone to unlock it if I buy out the contract - probably expensive at around 600 to 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    I could probably get Vodafone to unlock it if I buy out the contract - probably expensive at around 600 to 650
    I have always heard from my UK co-workers that vodafone makes it very difficult to unlock their phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I have always heard from my UK co-workers that vodafone makes it very difficult to unlock their phones.
    I hope not. I am in the process of trying to get one from my UK co-workers.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I've had a Vodafone phone unlocked before, it can be done
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    the exclusive period is 3 months, so you will most likely see an unlocked 750v after the new year.
    I hope this is right. I had not heard any rumors about the exclusivity time frame. I can live with 3 months as long as Cingular doesn't tie it up some more. I want to use the 750 on T-Mobile USA. Might buy the Excalibur/Dash/S620/Whatever in the meantime to tide me over. After all, I sold the Blackberry this weekend so I am down to 2 phones -- my Treo and the ridiculous old Moto flip phone I got from T-Mo a million years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I hope this is right. I had not heard any rumors about the exclusivity time frame. I can live with 3 months as long as Cingular doesn't tie it up some more. I want to use the 750 on T-Mobile USA. Might buy the Excalibur/Dash/S620/Whatever in the meantime to tide me over. After all, I sold the Blackberry this weekend so I am down to 2 phones -- my Treo and the ridiculous old Moto flip phone I got from T-Mo a million years ago.
    Im with you, I might buy an excalibur to tide me over, but I really dont like the smartphone OS. Its really strange, why palm is ignoring the whole U.S. GSM market. Dont they want our money?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    So if they are selling unlocked Vodaphone versions, they should have them in stock by next week, wouldn't you think?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by InnerGeek View Post
    So if they are selling unlocked Vodaphone versions, they should have them in stock by next week, wouldn't you think?
    Just out of curiosity - why next week? I thought the Treo 750 would not be released by Vodafone till Oct 2.

In any case, I fervently hope that you're right! I would like to get my hands on the device as soon as possible.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InnerGeek View Post
    If it's an official unlocked phone it won't be a Vodafone branded one so you can't use their release date as an indication of when it will be available. If it's unoffical, i.e. they're buying Vodafone phones and unlocking them themselves then I expect Palm will be knocking on their door
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I well remember the Treo 600 European launch on Orange three years ago. I think they had a 6-month exclusivity deal with (then) Handspring. I ended up importing an unlocked GSM version from the US to the UK, and probably saved money by not having a contract with Orange!
    Well buy one and send it to shadowmite.

Overwise wait till Jan or Feb.
    I agree Taz, that may not be a good idea for Mobilecity to do that, if they have Voda models. I suspect they are thinking an unlocked version will be out soon and are taking pre-orders. Speculation, unless they know something we don't. That's why I never pre-order anything unless it's from a really big company.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    You can 'preorder' one from me.

PalmOne Treo 750v Smartphone (unlocked)
    Brand: PalmOne
    SKU: 750v
    Availability: Preorder
    Retail Price: $799.99
    Our Price: $699.99

Send me your money, and I will send you your phone as soon as it comes in.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    First of all the brand will not be PalmOne but Palm... Mobilecity should at least fix that if they want to be taken seriously by early adopters...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    I well remember the Treo 600 European launch on Orange three years ago. I think they had a 6-month exclusivity deal with (then) Handspring. I ended up importing an unlocked GSM version from the US to the UK, and probably saved money by not having a contract with Orange!
    Did you buy the unlocked gsm version prior to the 6-month exclusivity period ending?
    This the only thing i am worried about, about 8 months ago i jumped ship and got a kjam with a T-Mobile unlimited data plan, and now i am tied in.

I really want this phone and am willing to pay the unlocked price but i dont want to wait. I guess you cant have the best of both worlds!

But theres no chance in hell i am going to pre order a product i dont even know going to be release yet, either from Mobilecity or Expansys
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast