Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Sun View Post
    I really want this phone and am willing to pay the unlocked price but i dont want to wait. I guess you cant have the best of both worlds!
    If your not bothered about changing your number then you could get it from Vodafone with a new contract. Just means you'll have 4 months where you'd be paying for two contracts, the old T-Mobile one and a new Vodafone one.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foodcoma View Post
    Just out of curiosity - why next week?
    I had thought the launch date was the 27th, didn't realize it moved to Oct. 2nd.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foodcoma View Post
    Did you buy the unlocked [Treo 600] gsm version prior to the 6-month exclusivity period ending?
    Yes, Orange was only exclusive in Europe for the first 6 months of the Treo 600. This time it's different, and I think Vodafone has a 3 month world exclusive.
    ^^There is a Cingular employee who posts here, ls3mach, who is sticking by his story that the 750 will be released on Cingular in the US on October 29. I think it will be three months before we see an unlocked version anywhere, but I'd be mildly surprised if Cingular doesn't get the phone in the US in time for the Christmas shopping season, e.g. by late November.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDs10e View Post
    I think it will be three months before we see an unlocked version anywhere, but I'd be mildly surprised if Cingular doesn't get the phone in the US in time for the Christmas shopping season, e.g. by late November.
    So all this talk of the 750v being a 'European' phone really is complete bollocks then?
    We can solve this 750v problem very easily. Sometime in the next 10 days Vodafone should buy T-Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    So all this talk of the 750v being a 'European' phone really is complete bollocks then?
    Yup, pretty much. It's tri-band UMTS, software upgradeable to HSDPA, and quad-band GSM -- it's designed as a world phone; no ifs, ands, or buts. It's not like Palm won't sell it here sooner or later -- "no, we have a special version of the 750 for the US, it's way bulkier and has an antenna!"

Palm is probably waiting in the US for decent 3G coverage -- with Cingular, there are some serious gaps to fill, though they're starting to move fast. I think Philadelphia was added last week or so. T-Mobile US, well, they're still "committed to 2007" for their 3G.

With the 700p/w/wx, there were over 200 CDMA markets per carrier with EV-DO available already.
    There's a guy on HOFO that says he has a source for some vodaphone unlocked 750v coming in next weekend. I'm waiting, but for those on the bleeding edge......

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...36#post7929036
    "We are told that while the Treo 750v is currently a UMTS device, if the carrier desired it can be software upgradeable to the faster 3.5G HSDPA that Cingular uses in the US, and other carriers use around the world."

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/906-1.htm

So, according to TC, if you buy the 'V' as is, you won't be getting HSDPA.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 09/20/2006 at 09:50 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    "Update: Jason Langridge from Microsoft UK claims that Treo 750v has HSDPA!"
    http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonlan/archi...19/762019.aspx
    http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5594.html
    Just call me Berd.
    Maybe I'm stupid but I don't read that as it has it. I read it saying it is software upgradable. That's exactly what the Palm guy said in the TC video interview at the announcement.

So my take is that it can be upgraded but it doesn't have it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    "Update: Jason Langridge from Microsoft UK claims that Treo 750v has HSDPA!"
    http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonlan/archi...19/762019.aspx
    http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5594.html
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Maybe I'm stupid but I don't read that as it has it. I read it saying it is software upgradable. That's exactly what the Palm guy said in the TC video interview at the announcement.

So my take is that it can be upgraded but it doesn't have it right now.
    I Agree.
    EDIT: That is, I agree with how you read it, not that you're stupid.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 09/21/2006 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Didn't want imply bcaslis was stupid :o
    Just call me Berd.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I Agree.
    EDIT: That is, I agree with how you read it, not that you're stupid.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  14.    #34  
    I am in Hong Kong on business and went around some cell phones to ask if they might be getting the Treo 750 anytime soon. Most said they have no idea, but about 20%-30% said that they should be receiving stock sometime in Oct.

Take it for what it's worth and apply whatever discount factor you want to what the shopkeepers told me Personally, I would be estatic to see it available in Asia soon but I'm not holding my breath (I do realize the Vodafone Europe exclusive period)
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    I've triple checked....they're unlocked Voda's and not hsdpa ready.
    I'd love an answer as to weather if I was to bring a unit in,Cingular has the capacity to provision it (or whatever) for hspda.
    Anyone?
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockky View Post
    I've triple checked....they're unlocked Voda's and not hsdpa ready.
    I'd love an answer as to weather if I was to bring a unit in,Cingular has the capacity to provision it (or whatever) for hspda.
    Anyone?
    Remind me: where are these unlocked 750s coming from?

This would be a firmware update to enable HSDPA. The same happened with the Treo 180 (if you remember that far back!) when there was a post-release for GPRS. The hardware supported it, but the initial firmware/software didn't. Where you would get the update, who knows!
    This is why I'd rather wait for an official Palm unlocked. Not being able to get proper updates would be bad. I guess someone would figure out how to post the update on a other site, but then you have to be careful.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I just saw today 750 availability announced in Singapore. They say "in a few weeks" and they are offering them without Vodafone plan. So, I assume they will be unlocked. I could not get an exact date from them though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12