Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 73
  1. robdam's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #41  
    I have the black Vaja on my 700W. It's awesome. I highly recommend it.
    http://www.vajacases.com/index_02.html

    http://www.vajacases.com/vaja/catalogo.nsf/htmlmedia/apa161i_comb/$file/cblack.jpg
  2. #42  
    how about the sleeve that came with the 600
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    how about the sleeve that came with the 600
    Ha. I don't use a case, but I still have that sleeve in a compartment in my messenger bag for carrying the 700wx. It's seen duty with a 600, 650, and a 700p before that.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    zcover has the cases now for the 700 series
    Thanks for the heads up. This is an even better option than the skin. The more covered up the better. Silicon is the way to go, those rubber cases get stretched out of shape! The only issue I had with the zcover skin is it looked like there was a cut out for the dpad in the 600 and 650 skin,(that is a bad idea).

    From what I can tell on my 2 inch screen the dpad is protected on the zcover for the 700,,, is that right?
  5. smeg36's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #45  
    Has anyone tried the Smartphone Experts ClearCase? It's similar to the Seidio Crystal case, but has a belt clip and screen cover. They have them very cheap on ebay, so I went ahead and ordered one. I should have it early next week, but was wondering if anyone had tried it yet. I was thinking of the Seidio, but read it makes the keys difficult to press, and the SPE looks like it gives more key clearance. I'm also considering the Seidio skin and skin holster, I just wish it was a little cheaper.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    Has anyone tried the Smartphone Experts ClearCase? It's similar to the Seidio Crystal case, but has a belt clip and screen cover. They have them very cheap on ebay, so I went ahead and ordered one. I should have it early next week, but was wondering if anyone had tried it yet. I was thinking of the Seidio, but read it makes the keys difficult to press, and the SPE looks like it gives more key clearance. I'm also considering the Seidio skin and skin holster, I just wish it was a little cheaper.
    Yes-- I purchased mine here on TC. I've used Vaja and BestSkinsEver on my earlier Treos, but this is my favorite. It's a great combination of protection while preserving the form factor. The keyboard is completely accessible.

    I particularly like the screen cover (which I use in addition to a screen protector). It's an added layer of protection that doesn't at all interfere with the display. Face oil comes off easily after phone calls.

    The disadvantages are the need to lift up the screen cover in order to use the stylus (a necessity in Pocket Informant), and its interference with the "up" motion of the 5-way.

    On balance, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages (for me).
  7. ahalvor's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #47  
  8. smeg36's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #48  
    Would it be possible to get some pics of the SPE on the 700 series Treo? I've only seen pics of it with the 650, and am concerned with how it will fit. They are pretty similar in shape, but not exactly the same.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    Would it be possible to get some pics of the SPE on the 700 series Treo? I've only seen pics of it with the 650, and am concerned with how it will fit. They are pretty similar in shape, but not exactly the same.
    The pictures wouldn't be very revealing: the unit fits flush on both sides,while it can be moved slightly up and down. I had the same concern, and spoke with one of the TC salespeople who uses this case with the 700w, and he reassured me there wouldn't be a problem.
  10. #50  
    I received my Seidio Clarity kit and it is very nice.

    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=403

    The crystal case fits perfectly. However as others have noted the 3 buttons on each side of the keyboard are close to the case edge which makes them difficult to press. Has anyone tried modifying this case using a dremel tool to give the keys more clearance? If so how did it turn out?
  11. #51  
    I was carrying the Seidio Skin/Holster Combo, but recently switched to the new Rubberized Case/Holster Combo, (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=537). This is by far the best case I've ever seen for Treo. My case doesn't block the keyboard at all and adds very little bulk. I love the rubberized feel and the way it looks. I would highly recommend it.
    PDA history - Psion 5/Sharp Mobilon/Jornada 540/ipaq 3835/ipaq 3935/ipaq 5550/ipaq 4700/PPC-6700/Treo 700wx
  12. smeg36's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #52  
    One of the reasons I haven't got the Crystal case/holster combo is because of the reports that is blocks the edge keys. I'd love to see a detailed pic. of the front of the rubberized case. I have hope for it with your comment that it doesn't block the keyboard. Also, does the strip above the soft keys affect your ability to use them or pressing up on the d-pad?
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  13. #53  
    Hate the siedos. I had both and while gen 2 was a vast improvement it stillr esulted in my phone being ejector-seated to the ground on numerous occassions. Currently using the bodyglove side pouch which definitely holds it securely. The waist clip could use a stronger spring, though. The magnetic closure is firm. While not nearly as convenient as a holster clip, it's much more secure.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    One of the reasons I haven't got the Crystal case/holster combo is because of the reports that is blocks the edge keys. I'd love to see a detailed pic. of the front of the rubberized case. I have hope for it with your comment that it doesn't block the keyboard. Also, does the strip above the soft keys affect your ability to use them or pressing up on the d-pad?
    The keyboard is even easier to access now than with my skin case on. I really haven't noticed the bar being a problem either. I'll grab a camera and post some pics as soon as I can.
    PDA history - Psion 5/Sharp Mobilon/Jornada 540/ipaq 3835/ipaq 3935/ipaq 5550/ipaq 4700/PPC-6700/Treo 700wx
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    I'd love to see a detailed pic. of the front of the rubberized case.
    Here you go!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PDA history - Psion 5/Sharp Mobilon/Jornada 540/ipaq 3835/ipaq 3935/ipaq 5550/ipaq 4700/PPC-6700/Treo 700wx
  16. smeg36's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #56  
    Wow, that looks really nice. Thanks for the pics. I'm going to have to pick this up after I get paid. Is it a little flexible? It looks kind of rubbery, like a stiff skin case.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    Wow, that looks really nice. Thanks for the pics. I'm going to have to pick this up after I get paid. Is it a little flexible? It looks kind of rubbery, like a stiff skin case.
    It's somewhat flexible, but more like hard plastic with a rubberized coating on it.
    PDA history - Psion 5/Sharp Mobilon/Jornada 540/ipaq 3835/ipaq 3935/ipaq 5550/ipaq 4700/PPC-6700/Treo 700wx
  18. PSB22's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #58  
    Nice pics Dangeruss, but EXACTLY what SPE model is that? Looking at the treocentral store, the SPE cases seem to come in "form fit" and "skin" varieties. The skin variety looks like it covers the 5-way and dial keys, which I don't want. Can you please post a link to that exact case, as it looks really cool? Thanks.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    Nice pics Dangeruss, but EXACTLY what SPE model is that? Looking at the treocentral store, the SPE cases seem to come in "form fit" and "skin" varieties. The skin variety looks like it covers the 5-way and dial keys, which I don't want. Can you please post a link to that exact case, as it looks really cool? Thanks.
    It's a Seidio case...I don't see it on Treocentral, but since they carry a lot of Seidio products, I'm sure they'll have it soon. The link to the case/holster combo is in my post above, but here's the link to just the case itself:

    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=536
    PDA history - Psion 5/Sharp Mobilon/Jornada 540/ipaq 3835/ipaq 3935/ipaq 5550/ipaq 4700/PPC-6700/Treo 700wx
  20. simonds79's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
    I was carrying the Seidio Skin/Holster Combo, but recently switched to the new Rubberized Case/Holster Combo, (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=537). This is by far the best case I've ever seen for Treo. My case doesn't block the keyboard at all and adds very little bulk. I love the rubberized feel and the way it looks. I would highly recommend it.
    The top latch holding the phone in the holster looks like it might be kind of weak. How secure does it fit in there, and is there access to the bottom port(sync/charge)
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions