1.    #1  
    I recorded a video today for the first time.. the video was totally choppy and the audio was bad and then a high pitch screech...

THe video on the P is Perfect.. this video looked awful....

I was saving to SD card and though that had to do with it, but it didnt... same issue savinbg to the device.

Also same issues with both quality modes....

ANyone else recird video and it was real choppy sort of like step motion??

Mike
  2.    #2  
    Am I really the only one who used the phone to record video and it was choppy ?? The 700P had nice clear video.

SOmeone take a video and let me know please!
    I tested the video on my wx and it is the same as you described. Choppy and the sound is not great. You're not alone.
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  4.    #4  
    This is totally NOT like the 700p and all previous Palms with Palm OS where Video looks fantastic.

The reasons for going back to the P (such as being able to change volume on different areas of the phone seperately, not getting blue screen errors, memory issues because of large pim, very slow searching, etc) and mounting to make me go back to the P
  5. jmt
    I also have had the same video problems and others. I have worked on that device for 3 days and I still have major issues. My 650p was flawless. Windows sucks bad. I will give it a little longer however, I will most likely get the 700p.
    There was a hack on the 6700 that allowed you to change the shutter speed which greatly improved video. The key is different on the WX if its even there at all but if someone can find it that might help.
    i have the same issues with the camera. it is mainly with the card on mine.
  8. jmt
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post
    I also have had the same video problems and others. I have worked on that device for 3 days and I still have major issues. My 650p was flawless. Windows sucks bad. I will give it a little longer however, I will most likely get the 700p.
    I spent some more time with success ??. It will play videos with very high quality. The problem is you have to use only the installed Windows Media Player. The only problem with that is it will only play WMA files. (windows media). The only problems with that is it takes about six times longer, recoding to WMA than recoding to MP4, even with a high speed encoder.
    So it can be done but is it worth it??????
    If the installed windows media player would only play MP4, all would be wonderful. But would Mr Softy want us to play anything else that is far supplier to theirs, I don't think so.
  9.    #9  
    Playing videos is one thing,a n thetre are other video player options... which I had to get.. like TCPMP.

But WHY is RECORDING videos such a damn issue.. it is useless...

There were too many things that worked 100% fine with the P that are useless or less friendly... Such as bluetooth mysteriously turning off and being unstable at best anyway, search feature just dont work... no threaded SMS, no access to sprint ringtones ringback (call) tones or any otherr services offered.... not to mention the crashing, slowing down, lack of memory (I have 4 MB left because I have a 23 MB pim which is very big) and slow speed of accessing the big PIM.

Advantrages? Nice syncing with 2 computers and works Exchange Activesync...but the buck stops there for the most part.

I hope someone will fix this choppy video and the other issues one of these days... I mean its unuseable...

Still considering going back to the P still in my posession.
    There is a good chance there is a Red edit that can control the frame rate that it is recorded at. If it is too low, you will get a choppy movie because there are not enough frames per second. If it is too high it can be choppy as it can overwhelm the processor/memory ect...

I know this is for the PPC-6600, but for those who have a 700wx, it might be enough of a clue to help one of you with looking in the Registry:

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I just found out how to increase the frame Bitrate from 10 to 19.

Go to
    HKey Local Machine\Software\HTC\Camera\ReParam\MP4Large (or Medium or Small).

Change the FramRate value from 10 to 19 and now it should record 19 frames a second instead of ten.
    the problem is mainly with the 352x288 video, when you use the lower setting the framerate gets alot better.