Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There is an app thats called Bluetooth Remote Control. It enables you to control your PC via your phone. Small things like iTunes, media player, Power Point, ect. Unfortanatly this app doesn't support WM. Is there such an app for WM? I do a lot of Power Point presentations, so it would come in handy if i can control them from my phone.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I would absolutely love it if someone can find or develop something like that. The Motorola Q has a BT Remote app for doing this, and I loved it. I use PPT every day at work, and hate lugging a wireless mouse back and forth between work and home.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
  3.    #3  
    I found one but it only supports 650, ill have to play around with it see if I can make it work
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Your post renewed my interest to search for something that would work, and I was able to find this. Not exactly what I was wanting, but it looks like it will work over BT Activesync and may do the job. I'm going to install and give it a try now.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6.    #6  
    that zerama thing looks nice, to bad it only controls media player. and any news on that app smeg? i'll try to mess around with it once i get home from work. Where do you actually install this on your phone or computer. i think phone, lol.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    The PPC Tablet Remote Control Suite works very well. It has many profiles to support IE, WMP, PPT, and much more. It worked great with my home PC over a BT Activesync connection. But I tried to setup a BT Activesync connection with my laptop, which is using the Toshiba stack, and can't get it working. I'm going to keep trying, I really want this working with my laptop.
  8.    #8  
    sounds good. i need it to work with my laptop also. its a HP laptop. you think it will work?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    If you have a BT Activesync connection it will work. I can't get Activesync to work on my laptop, probably because it uses the Toshiba BT stack.
  10.    #10  
    not sure what is a BT Activesync is. I just got a BT usb for my laptop. I can transfer files via BT from laptop to treo. But i think BT Acticesync is something different. Where i can get that?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Depending on what bluetooth stack the adapter uses the process of setting up an Activesync connection will be very different. I'd search Google for a guide for your specific bluetooth stack, there are many out there.
    Looks like you need a dose of Salling Clicker! I did a semi-review post a while back on this awesome program (long time user)

Check out my post on the 6700 forum: here

-Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Sailing Clicker is what I used on my Palm 700p and it rocks!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    That is EXACTLY what I have been wanting! Thank you so much. Not a perfect solution, but far better than I was hoping to find. In my quest to get my 700wx using BT to sync I managed to break it with my home PC as well. It works when I hard reset, but I honestly sync probably once a month, so it just isn't worth it.

It's kind of annoying that Salling Clicker will only work with the Widcomm and MS stacks though, neither of my PCs use those. I am able to get either working with my BT PCMCIA card that uses the Toshiba stack by default, but then the A2DP gets either lost (MS Stack) or broken (Widcomm stack). I'll definitely use this way more than A2DP though, so it was worth switching stacks.
  15.    #15  
    I will look in to it, but for now i have to xchange my BT adapter. Its a CompUSA made, so i'll get a Belking. It seems that Belkin works with everything, i just have to find out what stack it uses..How do you find that out by the way, lol. I have a jeneral idea on that the stack is, just have to find out where to look for it.
  16.    #16  
    Clicker works just fine. Thx.
    how did you get sailing clicker to work on the 700wx? i've spent hours and i am stumped
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I just followed the directions and installed the PPC client (not the Widcomm version) as olywogle says in his review, and it worked no problems. You do have to have the MS or Widcomm stack on the PC you're trying to connect with.
    i finally got it to work! Wow, things just keep getting better and better!
    Does this work using Evdo? Instead of wifi or BT? I wouldnt mind using the regular data connection.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast