Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    anyone in here actually drive a motorcycle and find it annoying to literally have to memorize your directions? I'm wondering if this new Treo 700wx will solve that issue. I was wondering what options for mounting to you motorcycle there are. I have only found the adapter for the krussell multi adapt cases which seems to be the one. Are there any more. This seems like a great solution. Please post what GPS setup you have installed on your bikes as well as what mounting solutions you have come up with.

thanks

P.S. I am a little scared when it comes to freeway/highway usage. Going speeds of up to 75mph with your Treo 700wx gives me the chills
    I don't mount anything. I put the GPS receiver in my pocket and I have my Treo in it's case with the earbud in one ear. It works great. I just follow the audible directions. Of course, due to battery time, I only use it as I'm traveling in areas where I'm either very unfamiliar or I there's a turns somewhere. Basically. I turn it off on the open road and only use it in cities.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    what gps reciever do you have? and darn..i didn't even think of that (simply listening to the audible directions). I guess that helps in not limiting my case selection. I'm just wondering if there actually WILL be situations where i need to zoom in on a map and look at a certain cross street section etc?

I wonder if any of these integrate with that Chatterbox thingy?
    Quote Originally Posted by dialekt View Post
    what gps reciever do you have? and darn..i didn't even think of that (simply listening to the audible directions). I guess that helps in not limiting my case selection. I'm just wondering if there actually WILL be situations where i need to zoom in on a map and look at a certain cross street section etc?

I wonder if any of these integrate with that Chatterbox thingy?
    I use the Delorme Bluelogger receiver. I'm sure there could be times when the zoom in on map would be good. I generally look over a map of an area before I ride if I think it may be confusing. I have missed a turn or two, but after a couple of moments I generally hear "turn around when possible".
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Old thread, but I have a great Ram Mount set up to use the Treo as a GPS on my motorcycle, more details in my post from today:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=motorcycle