Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I recently experienced a hardware problem with my Treo 700W. Verizon sent me another one, and I restored to the new one using Sprite Backup. Everything seemed to work, so I sent the broken one back to Verizon. Now I notice that there is one problem - my pop3 email account shows up on the Today screen with unread messages. However, when I click on it, nothing happens. In fact, this email account no longer shows up in the list of accounts under messaging. When I try to add a new account with this same name, I get an error that the account name is already in use.

    Can anybody help me figure out how to fix this? I am thinking there's some sort of discrepancy in the registry, and hoping that somebody understands the registry well enough to help me clean it up.

    Thanks,
    Kris
  2. #2  
    I had the same exact problem. I never figured out how to fix the existing email account name. I just created a new one. I'm sure it left some unused mail db entries somewhere, but at least I didn't have to hard reset and reinstall all of my apps and settings which is what you'd have to do to get that email account name back.
  3. #3  
    Same happened to me. I backed up using SPB then restored on the new device. My account is gone but must still be there because I can't recreate using the same account name. I looked everywhere for the left over files but no luck. Now I'm worried about battery drain, if it will continue to check the old sync schedule along with the new.
  4.    #4  
    I just found a post on Sprite's user forum that is people complaining about the problem. A workaround is discussed, but no fixes...

    http://www.spritesoftware.com/forum/...+email&start=0
  5.    #5  
    And this admission from Sprite - remove your POP emails before backing up if you are migrating to a new device. Blech.

    https://spritesoftware.crmdesk.com/a...teria=0&sort=0
  6. #6  
    Must be universal then since I use SPB Backup, not Sprite.
  7. #7  
    Whenever I do a restore, I always uncheck the MAIL (text and email) sync portion. They ALWAYS seem to screw up the client. When I did it with my PPC-6600 I wouldn't be able to get text messages after I restored. It's just some registry issues.

Posting Permissions