Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Woke up this morning and my 700wx display was showing a pop up mesaage that I needed to update my phone. I selected 'OK' and it ran through the Vision update process. Afterwards, I checked to see if I could determine if anything changed and, I saw that I had been updated to prl 20224.
    Same here. Isn't EVDO on alltel network supposed to be coming soon? Could this be it? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    same thing just happened to me and my phone 10 min ago..wonder how significant this upgrade is
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Same thing here. Now my Sprint search is working so I can try that out. It wasn't working before.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Where do I find this information?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR View Post
    Where do I find this information?
    Just dial ##786#
    Hhhmmmm, I am still on 20222. Is there a way to obtain this update ? Or is it just a matter of waiting ?
    I just dialed *2 and it was already flagged for this update.
    How did you know it was flagged already ? Did you speak with someone or is there an automated way of knowing?
    Does anyone know exactly what this PRL update does then ?
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    Just dial ##786#
    Or go into phone option/info.
    at&t iPhone3G
    From pdaphonehome:

Network Acquisition
    No network acquisition changes.

Domestic Roaming Coverage
    Changes were made to the PRL to assist customers with the Treo 700p. The Treo device was unable to receive voicemail
    indicator and place and receive calls while roaming in Norfolk, Virginia. The issue was confined to Treo devices.
    Additionally, a change in carrier preference was made to Digital 800 CDMA roaming systems in central Wisconsin.
    Customers who live or travel with tri-mode and digital dual mode devices or EVDO devices can obtain a PRL update to
    take advantage of this change.

Available via OTA servers on Friday, September 15

From another forum post

Sounds like it may not do that much. Not sure if this is accurate, but it seems like some sort of engineering notes...?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Woke up this morning and my 700wx display was showing a pop up mesaage that I needed to update my phone. I selected 'OK' and it ran through the Vision update process. Afterwards, I checked to see if I could determine if anything changed and, I saw that I had been updated to prl 20224.
    Ditto.

I was wondering why it needed to configure my Vision services, I kept hitting "Later", it would come back a few minutes later. Hit "Now" and I now have PRL 20224, upgraded from 20223...

Sprint is really improvong their PRL update process...
    I saw this same thing this morning on my 6700. The IOTA icon was in red and I had the message about a Vision update. Strange that I still have 20223 after the update.

Sprint may be getting better about proactive PRL updates but the process still seems to be broken...
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    I saw this same thing this morning on my 6700. The IOTA icon was in red and I had the message about a Vision update. Strange that I still have 20223 after the update.

Sprint may be getting better about proactive PRL updates but the process still seems to be broken...
    I too went through the process last night and still have 2023. I'm not sure it's worth all the effort of trying to get 2024 this time though (didn't make a bit of difference w/2023). The updater said that the phone had been updated successfully, perhaps there is a regional difference in what the numbers turn out to be...
    Last edited by copernicus; 09/17/2006 at 11:21 AM.
    I called *2 and had my acct flagged for the update. Called right back and PRL updated from 20222 to 20224 on the first try.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    That was the easiest update I've ever had with sprint.

I didn't have to asked to be flagged and it worked on the first try, no loud beep, no reset, PRL ID: 20224.

I'm glad Sprint finally took the pain out of the process.
    Hmm...my phone had the IOTA thing this morning but my phone crashed (I did a nasty BT hack last night, I've since restored and all is good)...

So I never got the update.

Just called *2 and "we have recognized that an important update is needed..."

Color me impressed! (Of course, it didn't take the 1st time...but still)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Updated this morning as well. I thought my phone was going crazy since it wanted to reconfigure my Power Vision access but it did it and now its PRL 20224.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    Updated this morning as well. I thought my phone was going crazy since it wanted to reconfigure my Power Vision access but it did it and now its PRL 20224.
    Same here, I was actually afraid I had found a glitch.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast