Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
  1. #21  
    Had that update this morning when I woke up as well, but right afterward I got the little error reporting screen. Guess if its not Sprint, it's Microsoft!
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    That was the easiest update I've ever had with sprint.

    I didn't have to asked to be flagged and it worked on the first try, no loud beep, no reset, PRL ID: 20224.

    I'm glad Sprint finally took the pain out of the process.
    Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
    at&t iPhone3G
  3. fiya's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #23  
    I was about to start a new thread on this, I thought I was the only one, lol.
    Around 12 am last night my phone prompted me to update my Vision, which I found weird, but I did it for the hell of it, checked my phone info (to see if anything changed) PRL is now 20224. I was pretty shocked, but I think Sprint did it was a courtesy to all evdo Treos, since it was the only phone affected?

    All other phones are gonna get upgraded to 20224, but maybe Sprint's trying to be nice to us Treo users...
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I too went through the process last night and still have 2023. I'm not sure it's worth all the effort of trying to get 2024 this time though (didn't make a bit of difference w/2023). The updater said that the phone had been updated successfully, perhaps there is a regional difference in what the numbers turn out to be...
    I think it is regional. I did the same as you copernicus and after the process was finished succesfully I still have 20223...For the people that think Sprint has finally got their act together. I did better when I fetched for my updates myself...I got them to take first time every time.
    at&t iPhone3G
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by fiya View Post
    I was about to start a new thread on this, I thought I was the only one, lol.
    Around 12 am last night my phone prompted me to update my Vision, which I found weird, but I did it for the hell of it, checked my phone info (to see if anything changed) PRL is now 20224. I was pretty shocked, but I think Sprint did it was a courtesy to all evdo Treos, since it was the only phone affected?

    All other phones are gonna get upgraded to 20224, but maybe Sprint's trying to be nice to us Treo users...
    actually the 6700 users got the update as well.

    What's really weird is
    a) sunday morning my phone tried to update but failed (seperate issue)
    b) called *2 and found m PRL waiting to be updated and did
    c) my phone late last night still did the update again (re-provision the phone)

    so I don't know if they are related or seperate.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6. #26  
    Sorry for the dumb question, but what is PRL 20224 and how do I know if I'm running it?
  7. #27  
    It stands for Preferred Roaming List but there is often other updates in there. In general it allows you to get better reception. To view your PRL on a wx go start>settings>system>about>phone>PRL version.

    On a 650 go phone, menu, phone info.

    Or I think on any treo dial ##786#

    PS I tried to update my wifes 650 and no go,,,, its on PRL 10 sumthing,,,, So I guess most sprint phones are not updated at all.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post

    PS I tried to update my wifes 650 and no go,,,, its on PRL 10 sumthing,,,, So I guess most sprint phones are not updated at all.
    1x phones (650, etc) have different PRL's than EvDO phones. Basically 1x are the 10xxx series and EvDO the 20xxx series.

    This is because Evdo prls are thought to contain HDR channels, etc for better acquistion of Evdo signals.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    1x phones (650, etc) have different PRL's than EvDO phones. Basically 1x are the 10xxx series and EvDO the 20xxx series.

    This is because Evdo prls are thought to contain HDR channels, etc for better acquistion of Evdo signals.
    Thanks. I thought that was pretty strange.
  10. #30  
    Mine asked me to update also. I reprovisioned the vision services like it asked, but it still showed prl 20223 but I called *2 and it automatically updated to 20224 without me calling to have my account flagged.
  11. #31  
    Is there a place on the phone I can go to "force" a provisioning process? I recall on other phones there was a setting to "reprovision" manually.
  12. #32  
    Anyone noticed more drop calls with the 20224 update? I do or maybe it's just coincidence.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by choile View Post
    Anyone noticed more drop calls with the 20224 update? I do or maybe it's just coincidence.
    Are you roaming? If not, the PRL will make NO difference for regular phone calls. None.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  14. 02840's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by JASchmidt View Post
    Is there a place on the phone I can go to "force" a provisioning process? I recall on other phones there was a setting to "reprovision" manually.
    Dial ##3282# (##DATA#)
    Drop the menu and under "Options" select "Update Vision Profile"
    The phone will do the rest...

    May have to do it more than once before it actually reprovisions.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions