Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I got an 8125 a couple of days ago. Man am I changing my tune (earlier post.) I'm not convinced that I'll like the Treo 750 way more.

With all due respect, I use my phone/PDA while sitting on a train. If I did, then maybe a TyTn would be more appropriate. But the places I use it in are:
    1) The car, while driving. Answer the phone or call someone, using mostly 1 hand.
    -Doing this on the 8125 is rather difficult unless you use a voice command, and in my vehicle the voice command doesn't work because of the background noise.
    2) While walking or standing in line. It surprising how much I use it while walking, with 1 hand 95% of the time. Walking to/from a parking lot/garage to wherever, walking between meetings at work. Standing in line somewhere.
    -Sliding the keyboard out or using the stylus to type in these situations is too much work. And you need to type a few letters to enter a URL, password, or for a lot of things.
    3) Surf the web while at a traffic light.

While a lot of actions require two hands, it's the accessibility of the keyboard that's the big deal.

Furthermore I thought I'd like the 8125 keyboard more than the Treo 650's. Not so. I find I can type way faster on the tiny Treo 650 keyboard. Maybe I'm just used to it, but it feels way more intuitive.

I really really wish the 750 had Wi-Fi. And the smaller screen is a bummer, something I'll just have to deal with with vastly improved usability which I'd rather have. The 8125 just doesn't make a good phone. I hope I'll be able to use a mini-SD Wifi card with it (as-needed rare occasions.)

Up til a few days ago I was SOLD on the 8525 (TyTn on Cingular). But my experience with the 8125 has convinced me.

I'm glad Palm customized it for d-pad operation. You can't do nearly enough with the D-Pad on the 8125. For instance I can't get to the start menu or close (X) icon to close an app with the D-Pad. So I have to touch the screen EVERY TIME I want ot swap apps (a lot.)

This Blog was pretty much the thing that helped me make my final decision:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonlan/archi...12/750672.aspx
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    I'm glad Palm customized it for d-pad operation. You can't do nearly enough with the D-Pad on the 8125. For instance I can't get to the start menu or close (X) icon to close an app with the D-Pad. So I have to touch the screen EVERY TIME I want ot swap apps (a lot.)
    You're not supposed to get to the windows startment or the "x" button with the d-pad. That's what the windows menu key and the OK button is for. On devices like the 8125 and my Wizard /KJAM) that don't have such physical keys, there's a free app called Smartskey that allows to press and hold the left softkey for the windows menu and the right softkey to close applications.

As for d-pad functionality, I have my Today screen, windows start menu (using GSPocketMenu), program launching, contact/event management, and app switching and closing all set up for one-handed use.

I guess palm devices are good for those who do not wish to do a little research on how to improve their devices. I don't mean that to be condescending but a little effort can yield a lot of results. Obviously, Palm has made great strides in including one handed functionality to WM. However, most of what can be accomplished on a Palm WM device can be done on a non-Treo device, if a little effort is made.

That being said, the only issue basically comes down to whether you want a front-face keyboard and square screen vs a standard PPC screen (320 x 240) and a slide-away keyboard.

The car, while driving. Answer the phone or call someone, using mostly 1 hand.
    Huh? Answering a phone call can be done with the press of one button on the face of the device (left phone button). Oh btw, I can also make a phone call using one hand by pressing the left phone button, then dialing with the on-screen keypad. Is that as "convienient" as a real keypad? No. However, it can be done - especially since I replaced the default keypad with one that has larger on-screen buttons.

2) While walking or standing in line. It surprising how much I use it while walking, with 1 hand 95% of the time. Walking to/from a parking lot/garage to wherever, walking between meetings at work. Standing in line somewhere.
    Same here. I can operate my KJAM without touching the screen using just my one hand. The only thing I can't do with one hand is type an email or SMS due to the larger keyboard. I can't remember the last time I took out my stylus to do anything except to do a soft reset of the device.
    Last edited by JGold; 10/08/2006 at 04:19 PM.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Good post JGold. I am swinging between getting a Treo or a HTC. Had a Treo 650 but dropped it on a hard surface and destroyed it. Your reponse was very interesting to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    You're not supposed to get to the windows startment or the "x" button with the d-pad. That's what the windows menu key and the OK button is for. On devices like the 8125 and my Wizard /KJAM) that don't have such physical keys, there's a free app called Smartskey that allows to press and hold the left softkey for the windows menu and the right softkey to close applications.

As for d-pad functionality, I have my Today screen, windows start menu (using GSPocketMenu), program launching, contact/event management, and app switching and closing all set up for one-handed use.

I guess palm devices are good for those who do not wish to do a little research on how to improve their devices. I don't mean that to be condescending but a little effort can yield a lot of results. Obviously, Palm has made great strides in including one handed functionality to WM. However, most of what can be accomplished on a Palm WM device can be done on a non-Treo device, if a little effort is made.

That being said, the only issue basically comes down to whether you want a front-face keyboard and square screen vs a standard PPC screen (320 x 240) and a slide-away keyboard.

Huh? Answering a phone call can be done with the press of one button on the face of the device (left phone button). Oh btw, I can also make a phone call using one hand by pressing the left phone button, then dialing with the on-screen keypad. Is that as "convienient" as a real keypad? No. However, it can be done - especially since I replaced the default keypad with one that has larger on-screen buttons.

Same here. I can operate my KJAM without touching the screen using just my one hand. The only thing I can't do with one hand is type an email or SMS due to the larger keyboard. I can't remember the last time I took out my stylus to do anything except to do a soft reset of the device.
    I think we've talked about this but in my useage, the 8125/Wizard just has far too many shortcomings. I agree with most of what taylorh said. One handed use when you only have one hand available is very hard to do without feeling like you're juggling your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I think we've talked about this but in my useage, the 8125/Wizard just has far too many shortcomings. I agree with most of what taylorh said. One handed use when you only have one hand available is very hard to do without feeling like you're juggling your phone.
    Well, that's of course your personal preference. The fact of the matter is that my K-JAM is configured for a great one handed experience. The point of the post is that saying that a Tytn, Wizard, etc can't be used with one hand is just plain false. Period. It just takes a little effort as does most converged PDA devices.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Great response JGold (to my post.) I've only had the 8125 for 3 days so I'm not qualified to take it out back and shoot it yet. I haven't explored tweaks and customizations yet to make it more user friendly. Even with the Treo 650 there was a small list of things and programs I needed to make it a great device. Out of the box it has shortcomings.

I didn't know about the start menu/close thing. I figured I was missing something big when I couldn't find any way whatsoever to minimize an app unless it was in the "menu", or get to the start button. I've never had a PPC device before, so I wouldn't know these things.
    It's obviously a major oversight by HTC, either that or the side buttons should have been for this and someone had 'a better idea' to make them map to voice recording and "Silence" mode (which is redundant considering the slider can get you there.)
    Did they fix this in the TyTn (still need smartskey?)

I'm still trying to figure out how to get smartskey to work. It's installed and running, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. No back to see what I missed.

I have at least a month before the 8525 or the Treo comes out.
    I REALLY wanted to like the TyTn/8525 since I love having ALL of the functionality and the big screen is really nice for web browsing and email.
    But my initial experience with the 8125 was frustrating, and 1/2 the blame is to WM5, not the device itself (merely learning curve on WM.)

So in the next month I'll be working hard to see if I can get used to using it and get it tweaked for near one-handed harmony as you have.
    Hey, I don't NEED FULL one-handed. Even the the Treo I use with 2 hands half the time. But I'm just so used to the quick access to tap keys and numbers. Maybe with an improved soft keyboard (like you have) that would take care of those quick entries and leave the keyboard to the heavy stuff.

I go back and forth loving and hating this 8125 by the hour. After about a week of using htis and getting it tweaked, I'm going to stop by the palm store in the mall and give the Treo 700 a test drive.
    The deciding factor will be:
    Can I deal with the smaller screen?
    Will MiniSD Wifi be good enough for the frequency I might use it.
    At least in on the 700, did Palm customize it enough to make it worth sacrificing power and features?

It's hard. Real hard.

My wife is going to get the Treo 750 either way. She can't use the 8125 keyboard. There isn't enough clearance for the top row of keys for her finger nails. The nails hit the side and she can't reach the keys with her fingers.
    I know she doesn't do much more than make calls, read email, calendar, and light surfing. She loves the slingbox on the 8125 in landscape mode, but already express that the small screen Treo will be just fine for TV.

Sorry this is so long, I'm sure a lot of other people are on this same fence.

Thanks again JGold for keeping it balance. You give me hope for the 8525. But as of this moment I'm leaning toward the 750.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    Great response JGold (to my post.) I've only had the 8125 for 3 days so I'm not qualified to take it out back and shoot it yet. I haven't explored tweaks and customizations yet to make it more user friendly. Even with the Treo 650 there was a small list of things and programs I needed to make it a great device. Out of the box it has shortcomings.
    Glad to hear it.

It's obviously a major oversight by HTC, either that or the side buttons should have been for this and someone had 'a better idea' to make them map to voice recording and "Silence" mode (which is redundant considering the slider can get you there.)
    Did they fix this in the TyTn (still need smartskey?)
    On the TyTN and similar Hermes devices, that problem is remedied by having specific buttons for the OK and WM menu functions.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get smartskey to work. It's installed and running, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. No back to see what I missed.
    There's a smartskey.ini file that needs to be configured with the proper settings in order to work properly. If you want a sample to compare yours with how I have mine set, let me know.

I have at least a month before the 8525 or the Treo comes out.
    I REALLY wanted to like the TyTn/8525 since I love having ALL of the functionality and the big screen is really nice for web browsing and email.
    But my initial experience with the 8125 was frustrating, and 1/2 the blame is to WM5, not the device itself (merely learning curve on WM.)
    I hate to tell you this, but no matter what, the 750w is still a WM device. Sure, Palm made some nice customizations, but it many of what people consider shortcomings of WM5 still exist on a Treo.

Well, anyways, I am constantly tweaking my KJAM to get to work better and better. I just installed XCPUScalar for dynamic processor overclocking and PhoneAlarm Lite, which shows me the number of missed calls, phonemails, sms message, and emails. Yet again, another great one-handed option for the today screen.

The messed up part of this story is that I dropped my device the other day shattering the screen. I will have to investigate where to send it be repaired. I hope I get it back soon. Now I have to go back to using my iPaq 2750 and Moto Razr.
    Well, that's of course your personal preference. The fact of the matter is that my K-JAM is configured for a great one handed experience. The point of the post is that saying that a Tytn, Wizard, etc can't be used with one hand is just plain false. Period. It just takes a little effort as does most converged PDA devices.
    you can do SOME things one handed, but type out a short, 3-5 word sentence wtih one hand on the KJAM/wizard in a crowded place. It can be done, but not easily. Most everyone I know with these devices agree that while its a good device, its definitely not meant for one handed use. Also, just being able to find a contact quickly and easily with one hand without having to pull out the keyboard is nice. Same goes for googling something. Definitely a lot of personal preference, but there's really no denying that the Treo form factor is designed with quick one-handed use in mind whereas the wizard was designed to be a more...concentration required device (ie two hands )
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    you can do SOME things one handed, but type out a short, 3-5 word sentence wtih one hand on the KJAM/wizard in a crowded place. It can be done, but not easily. Most everyone I know with these devices agree that while its a good device, its definitely not meant for one handed use. Also, just being able to find a contact quickly and easily with one hand without having to pull out the keyboard is nice. Same goes for googling something. Definitely a lot of personal preference, but there's really no denying that the Treo form factor is designed with quick one-handed use in mind whereas the wizard was designed to be a more...concentration required device (ie two hands )
    Come on dude. I will concede that if you are a heavy email or SMS user, the front keyboard does have it's advantages. Otherwise, many including myself aren't all that sold on losing screen real estate just to have a keyboard always available. As for personal preference however, I personally find the KJAM keyboard much more comfortable than any Treo or Blackberry device.

Like I mentioned before, I can find a contact very easily using Pocket Breeze without using the keyboard. Plus having various filters set up allows me to find a particular contact even quicker.

As for Google, come on, that's been freeware for WM devices for quite some time.

http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a...t=news&id=3444

Having said that, I am not quite ready (just yet) to replace my KJAM. However, when Cingular 3G is more ubiquitous in my area (NYC) I will consider my options. By that time I am sure that the 750 and other devices will be available to choose from.

BTW, I know many, many people with Blackberry's, the ultimate messaging device used in corporate America. Including my wife, who can get hundreds of emails a day, to some of the consultants I work with, I have yet to see anyone use their device one handed to type out any response. That includes the hundreds of people I have seen on the NYC subway that have Blackberry's. That includes Treo's. I think your "one handed" message is rare amongst the community that I have seen and experienced.

I don't know, perhaps the majority of your messages are succinct and brief. However, many of the emails I respond to are more than a couple of words. The amount of times I need to type just one word makes sliding out a keyboard not an inconvienience at all.
    Last edited by JGold; 10/08/2006 at 10:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    did you one hand that post?
    Come on dude. I will concede that if you are a heavy email or SMS user, the front keyboard does have it's advantages. Otherwise, many including myself aren't all that sold on losing screen real estate just to have a keyboard always available. As for personal preference however, I personally find the KJAM keyboard much more comfortable than any Treo or Blackberry device.

Like I mentioned before, I can find a contact very easily using Pocket Breeze without using the keyboard. Plus having various filters set up allows me to find a particular contact even quicker.

As for Google, come on, that's been freeware for WM devices for quite some time.

http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a...t=news&id=3444

Having said that, I am not quite ready (just yet) to replace my KJAM. However, when Cingular 3G is more ubiquitous in my area (NYC) I will consider my options. By that time I am sure that the 750 and other devices will be available to choose from.

BTW, I know many, many people with Blackberry's, the ultimate messaging device used in corporate America. Including my wife, who can get hundreds of emails a day, to some of the consultants I work with, I have yet to see anyone use their device one handed to type out any response. That includes the hundreds of people I have seen on the NYC subway that have Blackberry's. That includes Treo's. I think your "one handed" message is rare amongst the community that I have seen and experienced.

I don't know, perhaps the majority of your messages are succinct and brief. However, many of the emails I respond to are more than a couple of words. The amount of times I need to type just one word makes sliding out a keyboard not an inconvienience at all.
    wow. Like I said, the treo is DESIGNED for one-handed use. Note how i said it is definitely possible with the wizard, but its nowhere near as easy as it is on a treo. Also, I don't mean the search bar on the today screen for google, I mean actually googling something quick like a business phone number or nearby restaurants etc. If the wizard works for you, that's great. I just don't understand the need for people to go out on a limb and defend their device like they personally designed it. Everything has its flaws, including the treo. But when we're talking about one-handed use, the treo beats the wizard. Please, don't get offended, its really not up for debate. But like I have said many times before, the wizard is a great device. After using my 8125 since february, there are just too many shortcomings (BESIDES the form factor) for me to keep it much longer. And before you ask, yes I have done all of the reg hacks, mods, added the programs like smartskey/omapclock etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    did you one hand that post?
    i really hope your sarcasm isn't directed toward me. First of all, its asinine. Secondly, nowhere do I ever state that ANYONE types out lengthy responses one-handed. Unless you seem to think that 3-5 words is lengthy.
    The point of the post is that saying that a Tytn, Wizard, etc can't be used with one hand is just plain false. Period.
    I had a Vario II (T-Mobile's Hermes/TyTN variant) for a couple of days last week. This was my first WM5 device and I was fairly impressed by MS's efforts to make WM5 usable one-handed. Much better the PPC 2003SE - the Start menu, Ok and two buttons corresponding to the soft-key menus make a big difference.

That said, the experience was still fairly disastrous. The d-pad on the Vario II (at least the one I had) is a very cheap and nasty thing. It both lacks solidity (the whole thing rocks about some central point when you try to push it) and is too stiff (when clicking in three of the four directions) . I didn't know how bad a d-pad could be until I used this piece of ****. Add to that:

• the scroll wheel (which doesn't completely replace the d-pad anyway) is also cheap and nasty (it's ratcheted but whether you get a ratchet click or not seems a bit random), and
    • the d-pad is just too damn close to the bottom of the device to be comfortable (for me anyway),

and using the thing one-handed soon became very frustrating.

So really the problem wasn't WM5, it was the hardware, and in large part the poor quality of the hardware. If you also consider other hardware short-comings, i.e.:

• the construction of the sliding keyboard, which was a bit loose and wobbly in the closed position,
    • the Wifi radio, the range of which was really rather poor,

you get the feeling that HTC wanted to build an all-singing, all-dancing, high-spec device down to a price, but really they included too much for the price at which they were aiming and ended up cutting corners. Why not leave out the scroll wheel or have lower-res camera and spend the extra pennies on a decent d-pad and a keyboard that locks properly? To my mind it would have been a whole lot better that way.
    I hate to tell you this, but no matter what, the 750w is still a WM device. Sure, Palm made some nice customizations, but it many of what people consider shortcomings of WM5 still exist on a Treo.
    Not least of which is launching applications! It's ok if they're in Start menu, but if they're not then it's an unnecessarily complex process: click Start menu button > click, click, click to the 'Programs' icon > click the centre d-pad button to the select programs and then you're in the Programs folder and can start looking for the app. On the POS Treos the equivalent is: Push the Home button.

Don't get me wrong, I think there's a lot to like about WM5 but I'm not sure that the whole Start menu thing is the best way to go on a mobile device, at least not when it's the main way of launching (most) apps. I bet the Zune doesn't have a Start menu
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    Not least of which is launching applications! It's ok if they're in Start menu, but if they're not then it's an unnecessarily complex process: click Start menu button > click, click, click to the 'Programs' icon > click the centre d-pad button to the select programs and then you're in the Programs folder and can start looking for the app. On the POS Treos the equivalent is: Push the Home button.

Don't get me wrong, I think there's a lot to like about WM5 but I'm not sure that the whole Start menu thing is the best way to go on a mobile device, at least not when it's the main way of launching (most) apps. I bet the Zune doesn't have a Start menu
    Marcol,

The beauty of WM5 is the ability to customize it and make it work the way that suits your needs! Sure, it does mean getting 3rd party applications but for example I can launch applications from my Today screen (using a dpad) by using Spb's Pocket Plus or SBSH's iLauncher. I can also launch applications via my startmenu (which can be activated by a hardware key) using an app like GSPocketMagic.

Gadgetluva.

I am sure we agree to disagree on many of the points that have been made thusfar. However, I just think it's not fair when individuals say a Wizard is a device can't be used one-hand when indeed it can be - obviously using 3rd party customizations. There's no doubt that if you spend the majority of time wanting to email or SMS "one-handed" then a Treo is the way to go.

The beauty of WM5 is the ability to customize it and make it work the way that suits your needs! Sure, it does mean getting 3rd party applications but for example I can launch applications from my Today screen (using a dpad) by using Spb's Pocket Plus or SBSH's iLauncher.
    But doesn't that just replace:

click Start menu button > click, click, click to the 'Programs' icon > click the centre d-pad button to the select programs and then you're in the Programs folder and can start looking for the app

with:

click Start menu button > click, click, click to the 'Today' icon > click the centre d-pad button to the select Today and then you're in the Today screen and can start looking for the app?

I can also launch applications via my startmenu (which can be activated by a hardware key) using an app like GSPocketMagic.
    I can see how some would like this but you're still clicking the Start button and navigating the menu before you can even start looking for the app (and now we've got more complex menus to cope with!). Perhaps I'm missing something (it wouldn't be the first time ), but it seems to me all it needs is a dedicated button that opens the Programs folder - then it would be "one button and you're there" (just like with Palm or Nokia's Series 60 UI). If anything, I think all the third party Today add-ons, menu enhancements etc just serve to highlight that there is an underlying problem with the (Start menu-based) app launching process. Unfortunately, I can't really see that they solve the problem though. Again, IMHO, it needs a button!
    But doesn't that just replace:

click Start menu button > click, click, click to the 'Programs' icon > click the centre d-pad button to the select programs and then you're in the Programs folder and can start looking for the app

with:

click Start menu button > click, click, click to the 'Today' icon > click the centre d-pad button to the select Today and then you're in the Today screen and can start looking for the app?
    Um...did you read my post? My Today screen is configured for touch or d-pad navigation of launching applications using Pocket Plus or iLauncher (see screens above). No "click, click" here. The accessiblity of the programs in the start menu is advantageous when you are already in an application and need to launch another. There are so many options to configure your device including great apps like Wisbar Advanced Desktop which some people use and go the extra mile to configure.

It sounds to me like many people here just aren't familar with these applications and how flexible the WM OS truly can be. That is of course understandable if you are/were a Palm OS user and are unfamilar with the current applications available for WM.
    Um...did you read my post?
    Yes, but I think you misunderstood mine, or at least you're assuming that we're beginning at the Today screen, which I thought from what I said was pretty obviously not the case - I know you don't have to navigate to the Today screen if you're already there!

Lets assume we're in Word and want to open Excel and Excel isn't in the Start menu. With your scheme of plug-ins it would be necessary to first navigate to the Today screen, i.e.:

click Start menu button > click, click, click to the 'Today' icon > click the centre d-pad button to the select Today and then you're in the Today screen and can start looking for the app

My Today screen is configured for touch or d-pad navigation of launching applications using Pocket Plus or iLauncher (see screens above).
    I understand that, but you still have to get there!

No "click, click" here.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the Start menu always opens with the top item highlighted. Unless the Today icon is top of the list (I know it can be but also notice from your screen shot that isn't how you have ours set up) you need to click downwards on the d-pad to get to the icon. You then need to click the centre button to select.

Perhaps we mean different things by 'click'?

It sounds to me like many people here just aren't familar with these applications and how flexible the WM OS truly can be. That is of course understandable if you are/were a Palm OS user and are unfamilar with the current applications available for WM.
    I'll admit to some unfamiliarity with WM5, but as I posted above I did buy (and then return) a Vario II last week. It's not like I've never used WM5! I'm afraid I still can't see that there's anyway of launching apps in WM5 (particularly those that are not used frequently) that is as convenient as having a dedicated hardware button like the one on the 650. To be honest, I'm surprised we're even having this debate. Do you not think it would be better to have a single button that takes you to an application launcher screen?
    To be honest, I'm surprised we're even having this debate. Do you not think it would be better to have a single button that takes you to an application launcher screen?
    That's my point exactly. I already have that by having a dedicated hardware button to go to my today screen where I can launch any app from my Today screen. I have my Today screen configured just like your Palm application launcher. Even in the Palm OS, you have a dedicated hardware button to get you to your launcher screen, then you can use the d-pad to move the cursor to program you want to launch, then launch it (or you can use a finger or stylus to select directly). Same concept.

Plus, I find it a benefit not having to go to another screen just to launch an application, I can do that from the extended-hierarchy menu that GSPocketMagic offers. Plus...I can place my shortcuts in such a way that I don't have to navigate thru tons of folders and subfolders.

Obviously, there are pros and cons to each of our points. Most certainly I do understand your point in having the simplicity of a single button - open launch screen solution. However, in a multi-tasking OS like WM, you have more flexiblity and room to configure the OS to be as complex or as simple as you want (to a point of course).
    Last edited by JGold; 10/09/2006 at 09:10 AM.
    That's my point exactly. I already have that by having a dedicated hardware button to go to my today screen where I can launch any app from my Today screen.
    Aha! That's the crucial piece of information we were lacking! Sadly, the Vario II I had has no such button. Sure I could have re-mapped one of the others, but they all have important functions too and really it would have been best to have re-mapped one of the four buttons around the d-pad and they have absolutely crucial functions that it would've been a disaster to lose. What the Vario II needed was an extra couple of buttons around the d-pad that were user mappable. If one of those could have been mapped to the Programs folder (so avoiding the need for third-party Today plug-in solutions) so much the better. In fact, if HTC had done the mapping already and added an appropriate label, even better still. Yes, all it needed was a 'Home' button!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast