Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 94
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    i think that is a personal opinion. i happen to love the form factor of the tytn. i thought the screen was too small of the treo
    thats why I said "personally"

    when I do get a 750v, I'll do a comprehensive review.
  2. rockky's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    #22  
    Treo' for 5 yrs now've added the Tytn for a week or so.
    Was ready to return it after 3 days...but've slowly gotten used to the different funtionality.
    Love the larger screen but LOVÈ speed....downloaded espn.com completely in about 10 sec..couldn't believe it!........ I wonder if the 750'll do that with the smaller processor.
    I really miss the calendar...and sms threading.
    The Tytn IS all that.......so will the 750.
  3. hduty's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #23  
    I had my 650 for a full 16 months, by far the longest I've ever had any device, certain that Palm's next device would include Wifi. But there's no way I'd buy a smartphone released in '06 that doesn't include Wifi. Not a chance. It's a shame as I really wanted a Palm, I really prefer the always-available keyboard. But the upside is that I also got GPS with my new hw 6915.....
    Palm Vx (a classic) -> Palm m505 (*yawn*) -> Dell Axim (slooow...!) -> Palm TE (great) -> Qtek 9090 (great idea, lousy platform) -> Nokia 6630 (a toy) -> iMate SP3i (not bad) -> Nokia 9300 (can't sync notes!!) -> Treo 650 (awesome!) -> iPaq hw6915 (almost perfect) -> Nokia E51 (un/impressive) -> HTC Touch Enhanced (nice!) -> Samsung i780 (mousepad woes) -> HTC s740 (very good) -> Nokia E72 (RAM starved) -> HTC HD mini (...) -> Palm Pre 2
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    jngold-I use my 8125 on the train all the time, mostly web and agile. But when its loading webpages in the background, it won't enter all of the keys I'm pressing so a lot of my words re missing letters.
    I have the same issue but having my KJAM oc'ed to 247, the problem is extremely minimal. As a matter of fact, the only issue I have is when trying to type in a webform while the page is still loading. I have no issue is a page is loading and I am in another application.

    Also, I don't really mean typing a lot one-handed, but finding a contact onehanded from the today screen, or tapping off a quick text message like 'when?' are examples of quick one handed use.
    Ahh, but having Pocket and Contact Breeze on your today screen is absolutely awesome for one handed use. I find a contact, select him/her, and dial or open an email to the person all with one hand. Sure, a message that just contains 'when?' can be a bit easier, but heck the onscreen keyboard is just as good for something like that. For longer responses the physical keyboard is obviously better.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I have the same issue but having my KJAM oc'ed to 247, the problem is extremely minimal. As a matter of fact, the only issue I have is when trying to type in a webform while the page is still loading. I have no issue is a page is loading and I am in another application.



    Ahh, but having Pocket and Contact Breeze on your today screen is absolutely awesome for one handed use. I find a contact, select him/her, and dial or open an email to the person all with one hand. Sure, a message that just contains 'when?' can be a bit easier, but heck the onscreen keyboard is just as good for something like that. For longer responses the physical keyboard is obviously better.
    I do use pb, great utility. But even with it, I know that I'll like the Treo for my purposes. Don't get me wrong, the 8125 is awesome, but I've had it for almost 8 months now, its definitely time to move on.
  6. #26  
    I'd be all over the Treo 750W. But I'm getting the 8525 (TyTn) instead because it has WiFi. The larger screen is a secondary factor but it wasn't a show stopper (You have to give up screen real estate for size and keyboard placement) which I could do.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by hduty View Post
    I had my 650 for a full 16 months, by far the longest I've ever had any device, certain that Palm's next device would include Wifi. But there's no way I'd buy a smartphone released in '06 that doesn't include Wifi. Not a chance. It's a shame as I really wanted a Palm, I really prefer the always-available keyboard. But the upside is that I also got GPS with my new hw 6915.....
    i wish the new tytn had built in gps. i dont think i would buy any other phone for a long time. the hp unit is awesome because of the gps but it lacks 3g. the palm hardware design is truely awesome but palm is riding that horse until it cant move anymore. i feel that palm should have included more features on the 750
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  8. #28  
    well, palm has something that works and they'll stick with it. I think that the inclusion of gps would have been great. 3g data can replace wifi for the most part, and having gps built in eliminates the need for another piece of hardware.
  9. #29  
    Even if I would get a a hammer with build in tape measure and whistle I would buy the hammer which allows me to drive nails in the best way.

    This could explain why there are still gusy which would buy a treo over a tytn. However, I have two collegues which own a tytn, one is a experienced htc user and is used to most of the issues of these devices. The oter is new to htc and compains about device freezes, probles by swiching devices and the lack for one handed keybord use. However, i feel that my Treo 650 is the more advanced device.

    This becomes since all of us use the device for email push and appointment and contact management.

    However the Treo 650 lacks in full active sync. There is no OTA sync for notes, tasks and enhanced stuff like contact photos etc.

    Well, my Treo 650 is going to replaced by a device which allows me to have full active sync, quess which device this would be.

    Wifi would be a good add on, however if you traveling a lot you will mention that Wifi is far away from zero config. Even in europe, where the data plans are much more expensive than in US there are good reasons to choose UMTS connections instead of Wifi.

    By taking the "hammer example" I would choose the treo prior to the tytn because the treo is the better messaging machine and with WinMob it also has full ActiveSync. While traveling I always have a notebook with me which then would ether allow me to have the Treo as an UMTS modem or a WiFi hotspot if this is the better choice....

    Finally, If I would have the choice between a Wifi Treo and a Non Wifi Treo I would take the Wifi device - but you all know the options.

    Choosing betwen Tytn and Treo is not really a choice for me, but I understand that for some of you the Tytn is the more attractive device.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by DerNik View Post
    Even if I would get a a hammer with build in tape measure and whistle I would buy the hammer which allows me to drive nails in the best way.

    This could explain why there are still gusy which would buy a treo over a tytn. However, I have two collegues which own a tytn, one is a experienced htc user and is used to most of the issues of these devices. The oter is new to htc and compains about device freezes, probles by swiching devices and the lack for one handed keybord use. However, i feel that my Treo 650 is the more advanced device.

    This becomes since all of us use the device for email push and appointment and contact management.

    However the Treo 650 lacks in full active sync. There is no OTA sync for notes, tasks and enhanced stuff like contact photos etc.

    Well, my Treo 650 is going to replaced by a device which allows me to have full active sync, quess which device this would be.

    Wifi would be a good add on, however if you traveling a lot you will mention that Wifi is far away from zero config. Even in europe, where the data plans are much more expensive than in US there are good reasons to choose UMTS connections instead of Wifi.

    By taking the "hammer example" I would choose the treo prior to the tytn because the treo is the better messaging machine and with WinMob it also has full ActiveSync. While traveling I always have a notebook with me which then would ether allow me to have the Treo as an UMTS modem or a WiFi hotspot if this is the better choice....

    Finally, If I would have the choice between a Wifi Treo and a Non Wifi Treo I would take the Wifi device - but you all know the options.

    Choosing betwen Tytn and Treo is not really a choice for me, but I understand that for some of you the Tytn is the more attractive device.
    the treo 650 is more advanced than the tytn??? last time i checked the 650 did not offer umts. i think what you are presenting to us is a personal preference but no technical positives of the 650? if you need a messaging machine maybe you should get a sidekick.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  11. #31  
    I just want a darn PDA/Phone where stuff works for a change. Everything on the Treo 650 seems sort of half-implmented (except text messaging, which is great.) Blazer was good for a browser 2 years ago, but it does kind of suck now, especially since it doesn't use the cache like a web browser should. And on a handheld with low data speed, that's the time when you most need good cache use. And Java is buggy.
    On WinMobile, Mobile IE is far better and so are the 3rd party browser.

    A guy that complains about freezing on the TyTn? I'm sick of re-setting my Treo several times a day from freezes, or the Treo resetting itself because of poor memory management. There's no possible way the TyTn is worse. And the Treo 750 runs the same darn Operating system, so unless Palm has really really customized the OS, it's going to be pretty much identical in this behavior.
    You can install and run programs on the expansion memory card (like you should.)
    The registry in the OS lets you tweak many of usability features and display options.
    I guess I'm just talking about all the OS here.


    And you can use a TyTn one-handed. You just have to get used to touching the screen with your fingers. I rarely use the stylus on my Treo, only when I need the precision for certain programs. While it's very nice to have access to the keyboard for shortcuts and otherwise at all times (making one handed more one handed) sliding the keyboard out with one hand and tapping a key your thumb isn't that hard either.

    I'm willing to give it a try. And 3G does reduce the need for WiFi, but I still have many uses for WiFi.

    The Treo 750 isn't junk. It runs the same OS. It's Apples to Apples. It's just down to the hardware and preferences.
  12. #32  
    although two different devices run the exact same os, that does not mean they will be identical in real world useage. It all depends on the implementation, other software, hardware conflicts, etc.
  13. jlczl's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    #33  
    I currently have an 8125 and love it. Next week I will be getting the 3125 as a "weekend and evening" phone and then I'll be getting the 8525 as soon as it is released to replace my 8125.

    I just love GSM due to its SIM swapping capability.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

    Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    I currently have an 8125 and love it. Next week I will be getting the 3125 as a "weekend and evening" phone and then I'll be getting the 8525 as soon as it is released to replace my 8125.

    I just love GSM due to its SIM swapping capability.
    I'm considering donig the same. I never got an 8125 because I've been waiting for a 3G device before I upgrade from the Treo 650.
    I'll be going from the 650 to the 8525. I'm thinking of getting a 3125 as well for my 'evening/weekend phone.'
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    I'm considering donig the same. I never got an 8125 because I've been waiting for a 3G device before I upgrade from the Treo 650.
    I'll be going from the 650 to the 8525. I'm thinking of getting a 3125 as well for my 'evening/weekend phone.'

    i was thinking about the samsung d900 as an evening phone.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  16. #36  
    Naveen/Thundergod, I have the opportunity to get a Tytn for a good price and I currently have the MDA. Do you know if an unlocked Tytn will support Direct Push or is it using the text message trigger? I like my MDA, but the Tytn is a better device. However, if it doesn't have Direct Push, then it won't be of use. Can you (or someone) let me know?

    Also, isn't there some known bugs/problems with the Tytn or has that been resolved?
    Waynew73

    (m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73 View Post
    Naveen/Thundergod, I have the opportunity to get a Tytn for a good price and I currently have the MDA. Do you know if an unlocked Tytn will support Direct Push or is it using the text message trigger? I like my MDA, but the Tytn is a better device. However, if it doesn't have Direct Push, then it won't be of use. Can you (or someone) let me know?

    Also, isn't there some known bugs/problems with the Tytn or has that been resolved?
    What's a "good price" for the TyTN?
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73 View Post
    Naveen/Thundergod, I have the opportunity to get a Tytn for a good price and I currently have the MDA. Do you know if an unlocked Tytn will support Direct Push or is it using the text message trigger? I like my MDA, but the Tytn is a better device. However, if it doesn't have Direct Push, then it won't be of use. Can you (or someone) let me know?

    Also, isn't there some known bugs/problems with the Tytn or has that been resolved?
    i know that there were some screen alighnment issues in the initial batch of tytns. you can go to a xda web site to check the s/n's. if you are buying it used watch out for that. the new batch is supposed to be fine
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God View Post
    i know that there were some screen alighnment issues in the initial batch of tytns. you can go to a xda web site to check the s/n's. if you are buying it used watch out for that. the new batch is supposed to be fine
    But does it come with Direct Push fully loaded? (It is a new device). I checked the MSFt website and there wasn't any upgrade out there for it.
    Waynew73

    (m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
  20.    #40  
    Yeah direct push is on the device as standard
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions