Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I just got my 700wx, and setup my bluetooth headset with it. On other phones I have had, I was able hold the button on my headset and say the name of a person on the headset and it would find it and dial it on the phone.

Does the Treo not support this or do this a different way? Its tough finding a name while driving, being ble to do it all on my headset was great before

Is there something else I can do to use this? I just got this phone, but it seems really hard to find someones number while driving, I loved before being able to do it through voice dialing.

Thanks,

~J
    i think there is a 3rd party app that does that
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    anyone know the name? it would definitely be something I'm interested in.

~J
    None of the Treos can voice dial via bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    http://www.jetwaremobile.com/index.htm
    It supports everything but the Treos? I really wish I knew that before, because that was a huge feature for me being able to voice dial through bluetooh, I figured it was standard especially in such a high priced phone.

Can the non Windows Mobile Treos do it? There has to be an app out there to enable it, or one someone could develop, I'd pay for it, I just use that feature all of the time. It makes it very hard to dial while driving in the car.

~J
    No Treo. WM or POS
    Why can't the Treos voice dial?

Sheila
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I don't know why this isn't something that could be enabled if you can voicedial through a wired headset.

~J
    I'm too lazy to search for the link, but there's a thread in this forum regarding this issue. From memory, it has something to do with the bitrate or sampling or what not, which is less than bluetooth supports (but wired heasets do). I don't think it's the Treo, per se, but more a limitation with the design by Microsoft.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I'm too lazy to search for the link, but there's a thread in this forum regarding this issue. From memory, it has something to do with the bitrate or sampling or what not, which is less than bluetooth supports (but wired heasets do). I don't think it's the Treo, per se, but more a limitation with the design by Microsoft.
    That's the "official" reason in general for VC and WM5 but that actually doesn't apply as even on the 6700 we were able to get it to work.

On the Treo, it seems to be more related to the BT stack that is on the device as well as maybe hardware.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    That's the specific problem with Microsoft Voice Command and bluetooth, but there shouldn't be anything stopping Palm from using a different vendors software that does support BT voice dialing, like VoiceSignal. It seems like they were so concerned with making the Treo support one handed use they forgot to support zero handed use. I can live without bluetooth voice dialing, but really miss it. It's the main complaint I have with the Treo.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    I found this here: http://www.jetwaremobile.com/bthfx/FAQ.htm

Q: Why can’t I get the “Voice dialing” option to work on my Treo 700w? I installed Voice Command but it still uses the Treo microphone and speaker for Voice Command.

A: The Bluetooth hardware in the Treo 700w is wired directly into the cellular radio hardware such that audio from the Bluetooth hands-free device microphone goes directly to the cellular radio, and only the cellular radio can provide audio to the Bluetooth hands-free device speaker. This does not allow the Bluetooth audio connection to be established prior to a phone call to take audio input from the Bluetooth microphone for a voice-dial application on the phone to interpret.
    We have, however, had customers report that the microphone sensitivity on the Treo allows the Treo to be placed on the dashboard, for example, and with the addition of voice software such as Microsoft Voice Command, perform voice dialing initiated by pressing the voice-dial button on the Bluetooth hands-free device (but with the voice input going from the Treo microphone to Voice Command, and Voice Command responses come through the Treo speaker.
    ...Scott
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessel View Post
    We have, however, had customers report that the microphone sensitivity on the Treo allows the Treo to be placed on the dashboard, for example, and with the addition of voice software such as Microsoft Voice Command, perform voice dialing initiated by pressing the voice-dial button on the Bluetooth hands-free device (but with the voice input going from the Treo microphone to Voice Command, and Voice Command responses come through the Treo speaker.
    In other words, yelling at your Treo will provide a BT voice dialing simulation
    That's bad news. If true we would need a hardware change to get bt voice dialing. Makes total sense tho since non of the common hacks work on the Treo.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    has anyone been able to get that to work? I wouldn't mind as much holding the bluetooth button on my headset and speaking into the phone if I have it mounted while I'm driving.

I can get it to work with the button no problem

Thanks,

~J
    u got it to work with the button on the headset? how exactly did you do this, i might be able to continue to tweak if u truely got the button to activate voice command
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    sorry i meant with the side button on the Treo. I thought the description made it sound like you can get the bluetooth button to work, you just have to talk into the phone and then it will connect through the headset

~J
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    u got it to work with the button on the headset? how exactly did you do this, i might be able to continue to tweak if u truely got the button to activate voice command
    Yes you can launch VC using your bt headset button with the help of JETware's handfree extension. I've done it on my 700w. Haven't tried it with my 700wx yet, but I assume it will work.

Ref: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=118212

The reason I stopped using this is due to the other bt issue on the Treo where the connection drops occasionally. If I could find a bt headset that can maintain a bt connection all day I would use it again.

Ref: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=125289

In the meantime I just use the Jabra A210 bt dongle which lets me do it all. I get bt voice dialing and pda sounds over bt.

http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/...ies/JabraA210/
    Last edited by hannip; 09/29/2006 at 07:13 AM.
    Anyone want to try this?

I doubt it'll work but maybe worth a shot:

VoiceCentral WM5 PPC 3.1
    Touted to offer "hands-free, eyes-free" device management, in a key development it now supports bluetooth headsets directly, unlike its main competitor, Microsoft Voice Command.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I dont think it matters what software you use-MS VC/cyberon or that, its the actual bluetooth stack they used that needs tweaking i believe or elseany of these would work with the headset right off the install like on the 6700 how it was hacked
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast