1.    #1  
    Any thoughts? I'm using Win XP MCE 2005 and use the sync feature in WMP 10. The quality esp for HDTV shows leaves much to be desired on the WMP10 mobile. The default sync uses WMV9.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I use Lathe. Nice program but usually works best with xvid or a .avi file as the source. I've heard of people using Pocket Divx Encoder (PDE) which is basically a stripped down version of Lathe. Pocket DVD Studio works for going from DVD. I didn't like the quality to much. I'm still looking for something that can take multiple sources of video files and convert them for my treo 700wx smoothly. So far the best quality I have seen is Lathe. Looks beatiful..

there is another program called "Super" from eRightsoft which is ok but its a matter of tweaking. To me it felt like it had too many options. But i'm only griping because my PC is not too fast and I didn't want to spend the time encoding several times just to get the "perfect settings" ...lol..

Everyone should chime in on this thread or maybe people miss the "widescreen" feel of the 6700 and are just mad? j/k ...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I take my DVDs,(if not those that I record, I use DVD Decrypt first) and use Nero Recode2 to convert them to .mp4 files (at 240x240), then use the open source media player tcpmp (with all the codecs) to play them. Works great!
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I'm gonna post some video samples shortly probably via sendspace for you to all test with your shiny Treo 700wxs. want to lock down a solid method that I can simply use ALL the time. But it probably will end up varying according to the specific source: ie: xvid, DVD, etc
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Hey, can anyone tell me what i should set the video res, bit and format i should convert a video to play on a Treo 700wx....
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Auto Gordian Knot is a free and easy-to-use program for converting your videos:

http://www.autogk.me.uk/
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    i dont need a program i just need to know the video res, type, and dimensions
    I use DVDdecrypter and VideoRA and TCPMP to play the video. Sometimes I also use Fairuse Wizard. They both work pretty good, VideoRA a little better I think.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Ok this might seem like a stupid question but I have to ask it. The programs that I download to convert the video do I need to download them to my computer or my ppc? I am looking to add movies to my phone but I am completely lost and this forum gave some more insight but I need a little more detail. (I plan on playing the movies using tcpmp)
    You download the programs and do all of the converting on your PC. If you use VideoRA, you'll also need to download TCPMP AAC something or other in order to play MPEG4 files.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Ok I downloaded Divx and I encoded a movie however I must have done something wrong. I set it up to be 240x240. Left all the other stuff alone (since this was my trial run) The movie encoded and then when I tried to copy the movie over to my phone it wouldn't copy. I got the menu that said copy and convert file that happens when you transfer music to your phone but nothing else happened. Need more help. Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Is it possible that the movie files are too big and that is my problem? If so how can I fix that problem?