Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Just a heads up that the Seidio Crystal Case and the AmbiCom WL11-SD wifi Secure Digital Card fits nice and snug together in the Palm OEM Leather side case! Now when I travel I can have my AmbiCom in the internal pocket and swap it with my 4GB PQI card at anytime, when needed. That pocket still has room to hold one more SD card or take on one Palm wifi SD card.

    I could not find a place to put the wifi card when using the Seidio holster so that holster will be staying at home for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by olywogle; 09/16/2006 at 12:11 PM.
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  2.    #2  
    Another reason for me to stick with the Palm OEM case:

    I just found out that if I have the case attached on the right side of my belt, the status led indicator light of the treo still shows while still in the case. This is great because when I take all the gear off my belt after a long day, I can just look at the status LED without opening the case, should an email, sms etc arrive triggering the LED light... (using PhoneAlarm of course for 700wx users). Cool beans!!

    Another plus is that the headphone jack is exposed, the con is that the charger port isn't. But I just take it out of the case and use the innodock before I hit the sack or arrive at my office desk.

    The case is very nice and is well hidden close to your waist (so you don't look like such a dork...)

    And it's real leather too!! Thanks Palm!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by olywogle; 09/16/2006 at 11:45 AM.
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  3. #3  
    That does look pretty good.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  4. #4  
    Couple of thoughts...I like to have my screen facing towards me so it cannot take a blow from the outside

    Did not care for the crystal case...made the Treo feel cheap to me...sending it back. Also ordered extra 700wx styli from Sedio and they sent me ones that were labeled 650/700 that do not fit snug in the slot. Does the 650 and the 700 even use the same sylus?

    The OEM case is very nice, great magnet closure that is hidden within the leather and no metal exposed

    I also go the "Tumi" designer leather case from Palmone.com...it is one nice case as well!

    EricE
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1843 View Post
    Couple of thoughts...I like to have my screen facing towards me so it cannot take a blow from the outside

    Did not care for the crystal case...made the Treo feel cheap to me...sending it back. Also ordered extra 700wx styli from Sedio and they sent me ones that were labeled 650/700 that do not fit snug in the slot. Does the 650 and the 700 even use the same sylus?

    The OEM case is very nice, great magnet closure that is hidden within the leather and no metal exposed

    I also go the "Tumi" designer leather case from Palmone.com...it is one nice case as well!

    EricE
    Yes, that was one con I forgot to add. the screen faces away from your waist in order to see the LED indicator. It's not an issue for me because the crystal case keeps the screen further away from even touching the interior part of the case, and after that you have two layers of leather casing and a magnet that sheilds it. It's very well protected. I guess you can just put it on your left side of your belt if you are really worried about it.

    I really enjoy holding the treo with the crystal case. The idea that you can enjoy the treo in all its bare glory "and still see the treo" and still keep it protected, rather than some leather sleeve or fugly rubber see-thru frosty thingy covering it is a big plus for me. Yes, it has its weakness as described in another thread, but a simple DIY fix like scotch tape and dremel can make a good product better. Maybe Seidio will revise the case in the future, and I will bite again. My $600 dollar treo is protected like a tank, I even have best skins ever applied below the crystal case and a martin fields screen protector over the screen.

    I ordered the 700wx with the built in pen feature and it fits great, snug, like a glove, and does not slide out. If anything, its a PITA to remove, but thats ok with me because the treo is pretty one handed now going from a 6700 to 700wx. I have to commend Seidio for giving us options with more functions other than the regular Palm OEM stuff (I like OEM too, dont get me wrong).

    BTW that Tumi case looks very nice! it looks like it covers everything, so that would be a good alternative if you dont have or want a crystal case...
    Last edited by olywogle; 09/16/2006 at 01:12 PM.
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  6. #6  
    I just got the crystal case and the Seidio leather holster as well. I don't like either of them. The crystal case is positioned around the keypad in such a way that the up key on the five-way is difficult to push, in addition to the black option key (for digits, symbols, etc.), both of which I use frequently. If they made the keypad cutout a little larger, I think I'd really like this case. Combine that with the leather case on my belt and I look like I'm carrying around a fannypack. It's HUGE.

    I guess I'm just going to go with something like the bestskin thing and the smallest profile case I can find...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I just got the crystal case and the Seidio leather holster as well. I don't like either of them. The crystal case is positioned around the keypad in such a way that the up key on the five-way is difficult to push, in addition to the black option key (for digits, symbols, etc.), both of which I use frequently. If they made the keypad cutout a little larger, I think I'd really like this case. Combine that with the leather case on my belt and I look like I'm carrying around a fannypack. It's HUGE.

    I guess I'm just going to go with something like the bestskin thing and the smallest profile case I can find...
    Again, the crystal case is not perfect, but what case is? I will be using a dremel to fix those issues. I can't complain, it gives me something to do to make a product better

    The Seidio leather holster looks like it is identical to the Palm OEM one, so you may not want to buy the palm version if you dont like the Seidio version.

    The crystal case is the best of what is offered out there right now, and if you can find anything better, please let me know...I'd like to try it.

    -Oly
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  8. #8  
    One neat feature of the Tumi case is that there are holes in the case where the speaker is...nice touch.

    EricE
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1843 View Post
    One neat feature of the Tumi case is that there are holes in the case where the speaker is...nice touch.

    EricE
    I saw that...It looks nice! I'll have to talk one of my coworkers to go buy one.. I use them as test dummies... They love anything that comes from Palm.

    Does it have a pocket to hold an oversized SD card such as a wifi card?
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1843 View Post
    Couple of thoughts...I like to have my screen facing towards me so it cannot take a blow from the outside
    EricE

    OK, im switching my $600 treo with case to the left side of my belt so the screen is facing my waist. It seems to slide in better with my crystal case and the LED notification view from the case is not a big issue for me VS the odds of my screen cracking on impact.
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
  11. #11  
    Has anyone tried any of the non-plastic skin cases? Those would be something I would give a shot to if it doesn't add too much bulk or "stickiness" removing from a pocket. It's a tough balance between form and function: something to protect it without reducing the usability or portability of the device. When it comes down to it, maybe the $50 deductible on insurance is a better option than spending money on trying to find the best case/protection.

    Oh, and another issue I have with the crystal case is that it feels a bit uncomfortable on the ear when using it.
  12. #12  
    Unfortunately, no pocket...but it keeps the Tumi case thinner too. The quality of leather on Tumi products is outstanding...

    EricE
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle View Post
    Again, the crystal case is not perfect, but what case is? I will be using a dremel to fix those issues. I can't complain, it gives me something to do to make a product better

    The Seidio leather holster looks like it is identical to the Palm OEM one, so you may not want to buy the palm version if you dont like the Seidio version.

    The crystal case is the best of what is offered out there right now, and if you can find anything better, please let me know...I'd like to try it.

    -Oly
    The Seidio leather pouch that looks like the Palm OEM one, has elastic on it allowing it to stretch out farther to accomodate even larger skin cases. I don't like this elastic. Makes the pouch feel cheap.

Posting Permissions