Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    This is my perspective as a palm OS user
    No offense to WM5 users

    I think my 650 with chatter email will do a better job for me
    And no wifi still ?

    Bottom line here, I see no reason to upgrade my 650 to 750v
    Paying more money,
    get confused with WM5,
    no push email (I dont like MS Exchange Server because I dont rely to a server for my push email with chatter)

    The only reason to buy 750V is my impulse for a different design of treo which turn out to be "not so different" and I love MSN Messenger on WM5 thats all

    Lets wish PALM stock is not getting into single digit end of 2006
    Last edited by esatyawan; 09/16/2006 at 09:11 AM.
  2. #2  
    To each their own. Im the exact opposite. I need direct push sync with my companies Exchange servers. I also every now and then take alook at my old treo 650 (that I no longer use), I dont know how to explain it, but the Palm OS has a kind of static, non-alive feel to it that I am no longer interested in.

    The only thing I really miss from it is the 320x320 screen.
  3. #3  
    That's what happened to me when I went back to Palm OS. I think I'm going to put it up for sale in the next 2 months, after I secure one more phone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4. #4  
    I used a Treo 650 for a year, not a bad device. Switched to the 8125, love the OS, the hardware is getting annoying. The Treo 750v is a perfect marriage IMO.

    I also played with a 700wx today, that device is FAST (in terms of opening programs and such). I'm now (im)patiently waiting for the 750 to hit cingular.
  5. #5  
    I couldn't love the 8125 as much as I thought I could. I'm not a huge fan of slider phones. Not even the N80, although now that they released an internet friendly version... Might not be available for the US though.

    I agree that Palm did well with the 700wx. I think the 750v is nice too. I just wish they weren't so late with the GSM product releases.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I used a Treo 650 for a year, not a bad device. Switched to the 8125, love the OS, the hardware is getting annoying. The Treo 750v is a perfect marriage IMO.

    I also played with a 700wx today, that device is FAST (in terms of opening programs and such). I'm now (im)patiently waiting for the 750 to hit cingular.
    Based upon the rate that Cingular is rolling out UMTS, there is no urgency.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Based upon the rate that Cingular is rolling out UMTS, there is no urgency.
    Do you mean how Cingular has complete coverage at home which is over an hour away from Chicago? And how Cingular has most large metropolitan areas covered as well? Yes, I can see how a UMTS device would be worthless.

    Aside from any sarcasm, Cingular is doing ok with its rollout of 3G. I'm actually VERY happy and surprised that 3G is available where I live and all the way through to the city.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Do you mean how Cingular has complete coverage at home which is over an hour away from Chicago? And how Cingular has most large metropolitan areas covered as well? Yes, I can see how a UMTS device would be worthless.

    Aside from any sarcasm, Cingular is doing ok with its rollout of 3G. I'm actually VERY happy and surprised that 3G is available where I live and all the way through to the city.
    I mean UMTS coverage in 16 of 50 states, half of those sparsely populated, large metro areas purchased with/from AT&T while Sprint and Verizon cover ninety percent of the people in the US with EVDO.

    I recognize that local coverage trumps everything else for most people; I can understand that you are happy.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    I mean UMTS coverage in 16 of 50 states, half of those sparsely populated, large metro areas purchased with/from AT&T while Sprint and Verizon cover ninety percent of the people in the US with EVDO.

    I recognize that local coverage trumps everything else for most people; I can understand that you are happy.
    You also have to realize that many of these maps we see online are outdated. Cingular, sprint, vzw are all turning on their respective 3G towers all the time, be it daily or weekly.

    I understand that having 16/50 states as you say is behind the numbers behind vzw or sprint. I'm not going to argue against those facts because they really are objective. However, just like you said, if I'm in the 10% area that is NOT covered by EVDO, its of no use to me.

    However, I have been tempted to switch to Sprint/Vzw many a time, even contemplating paying the termination fee. I do a fair bit of traveling for work, and being able to stay connected to friends/family or for business purposes is very important to me. But I also have the opportunity to travel overseas. I'd much rather keep my phone active by swapping in a prepaid sim in those countries. So for now, I stick with GSM.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    You also have to realize that many of these maps we see online are outdated. Cingular, sprint, vzw are all turning on their respective 3G towers all the time, be it daily or weekly.

    I understand that having 16/50 states as you say is behind the numbers behind vzw or sprint. I'm not going to argue against those facts because they really are objective. However, just like you said, if I'm in the 10% area that is NOT covered by EVDO, its of no use to me.

    However, I have been tempted to switch to Sprint/Vzw many a time, even contemplating paying the termination fee. I do a fair bit of traveling for work, and being able to stay connected to friends/family or for business purposes is very important to me. But I also have the opportunity to travel overseas. I'd much rather keep my phone active by swapping in a prepaid sim in those countries. So for now, I stick with GSM.
    I am a GSM (Cingular) customer. Used to be T-Mobile and have been Sprint. I have Qualcom, Sprint, and Verizon stock.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    I am a GSM (Cingular) customer. Used to be T-Mobile and have been Sprint. I have Qualcom, Sprint, and Verizon stock.
    I don't really understand the point of your argument, except that I hope your portfolio is more diversified than that sample

Posting Permissions