1.    #1  
    I've had my 700wx for one day and I'm coming from a 650p. Some points of note, that could well be down to me not being accustomed to the WM5 platform.

The first thing that I've noticed today is that this device seems sluggish and there were many occasions when it took 5-10 seconds to change screens. One example is that it took around 10 seconds to open an email

The second thing I noticed is that the battery drains pretty darn quickly. By noon I was down to 40%, which really surprised me. I had MSN Messenger open in the background and my email is checked every 30 mins. I don't consider that to be high usage.

Pocket Outlook is not that great I was able to set up my email account (IMAP) but it definitely feels sluggish On my 650 I had Snapper mail and that worked really well. Also, I've noticed that deleting emails from Pocket Outlook does not delete emails from my IMAP server. When I log onto my email via the web then it even shows the emails as being unread. This to me is really, really bad. What's the point of having email on my 700wx if it doesn't update the status back on my IMAP server.

Also, when sending emails with PO you have to manuall do a send/recieve, again, this is not great because with a send receive you have to go through a full read from the IMAP server.

I feel that PO is missing some options. Like, setting the hours that you want it to automatically sync the email. Last night I was woken up 4 times because it made the news that a new email arrived Will probably have to turn off the automatic connection to my IMAP server.

Took me a while to work out the Activesync and thanks to some info on here in regards to using the usbswitcher otherwise I would have been clueless.

So far I'm not overly convinced about the 700wx but will give it more time. The battery drain and the sluggishness of the device is what is worrying me more than anything right now.

Can't work out how to setup an email connection to my works Exchange server

Ok, don't want to sound like I'm just *****ing :P It will take some getting used to but thankfully I have 30 days to work out if I want this phone.

Any help that anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    I'm on day 3 after a 600, 650 and 700p.

Give it some time.

If you've never had a WM5 device (I haven't) it takes time.

I am liking it more and more. Leaning towards keeping it.

(And try FlexMail. It's WAY better thank P.O.)
  3.    #3  
    Do you have a link for FlexMail ?

Well, if the device remains sluggish then I won't be keeping it.
  4.    #4  
    Oh yeah, the solitare game that comes with the 700wx isn't that great either :P

Is there a way to use the 700wx as a modem, out the box, without using PDAnet?
    I feel the same!

Coming from a 700p, the 700wx is slow.

Flexmail isnt that great - opens real slow and is sluggish. Navigating thru the mail folders is not possible - (chatter user) and everything takes more work to do....simple PIM, email, etc, requires many steps - at least with the 700p, everything is there, with little or no stylus use - with the 700wx I feel slow.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  6.    #6  
    Hhhhmmmmmm. Ok, at least I am not the only one. I've read so many good things about the 700wx. Maybe I should have gone with the 700p, but I still have time to change
    I think after having used the Palm Treo versions for so long, I have gotten used to the speed and ease of use (no stylus) so much that the 700wx for me takes a step back. With Chatter and Agendus on the 700p, I have it made for PIM and email - quick and easy - I thought the 700wx would be faster given the added memory, but I don't think it helps once you add real world programs like PIM and email apps, etc. Once you do that, the device begins to get "lazy" and simple tasks seem hard to accomplish.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    Do you have a link for FlexMail ?

Well, if the device remains sluggish then I won't be keeping it.
    Flexmail can be found at: http://www.pocketinformant.com/?p_id=mail

Done by the same people who did pocket informant (which is a really nice program that sits on top of WM5's PIM... and makes it much more useful.)

For the battery, I've posted about a bug that seems to cause a 700w(x) to poll for new imap/pop3 mail every 2 minutes (regardless of what you have it set for) if you use the "Delivery Preferences" dialog to set "Connect and check for messages every ... minutes" (a simlar option exists in the account set up that doesn't cause this problem.)

All day with my wx today (with an imap and pop3 account both polling for mail every 45 minutes - as well as activesync with push turned on) using the phone as a phone for about 2 hours - and still at 50% battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_d View Post
    All day with my wx today (with an imap and pop3 account both polling for mail every 45 minutes - as well as activesync with push turned on) using the phone as a phone for about 2 hours - and still at 50% battery.
    I do SMS triggered push for email to keep the resources low & connectivity light (just like I did with my Palm OS 700p and the model before it) and I have to say the battery life on the 700wx has been very impressive, noticeably better than the 700p.

I'm trying to think of what I could call 'pro' (vs con) reasons that I've chosen to keep the WX, but I can't think of any except multitasking. Opera Mini (not Mobile) is my favorite browser, and it doesn't keep a cache so if you exit, you lose your place. Being able to leave that program running while I reply to a text or even check out a different web page on PIE is just ... really cool
    g-funkster, how do you do SMS triggered push?? I'm using pdasmartphone, but your way sounds like something I'd like to try. Can you tell me how to do this? Also how do you get Opera mini owrking on the 700wx? I have it on my 700p and would like to try it out. I wasn't happy with Opera for Windows Mobile, as it doesn't fully support the 700wx. Thanks in advance.
    Jimmie Geddes