Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a Sprint 700p, and also a 700wx. I am using my 700wx so much more than my 700p, but there are times that I still go back to the 700p. Today I called Sprint because I felt it was a waste of money to have 2 phones, and I am the only person using it. I was ready to cancel my 700p, and keep just the 700wx. I wanted to find out what my bill would be if I were to keep both phones, since the 700wx was added as a second line. They had given me $10 Power Vision, and $5 unlimited text messaging, on top of my $29.99 voice plan. The rep figured out what my monthy bill would be if I were to keep both phones with the plans I had, and I was shocked at how much it was. I made sure they noted my account with the price she gave me. To keep both the 700p and 700wx with all my services it will cost me roughly $70 a month, but then they asked if I wanted insurance on the 700wx, so of course I took it. It shocked me, because when I had the Q, if I wanted to keep it Verizon told me my monthly bill would be close to $100 a month.

Does this seem too good to be true? I stated over and over "you're telling me to keep both phones and services I won't get a bill for more than $80 a month?" she said "correct". I said please put that in my account that you told me that. She also told me that depending on which phone I find myself using more they could switch the numbers around. I use my 700wx more, but my 700p has the # everyone knows since it followed me from my 650.

Does this make sense? I don't want to get a huge bill, and regret doing this. I love both phones, but if I had to give one up it would be the 700p. Anyone have any insight? I'd greatly appreciate any info. Thanks in advance.
    Jimmie Geddes
    if you can get put on a shared plan like mine it's only $10 per phone. that will then give you data plan at half price. I added my phone on my current family plan for a total of $21. $10 for the "add a phone" , $5 for half price of a regular vision plan, $6 for insurance.
    I could have kept and put it on as an additional phone for just another $21 bucks but thoought " what do I need two phones for". I sold the 700p on ebay and now have extra cash.
  4.    #4  
    Cody that's what I did, they put me on a shared plan. Now my one data plan is $12.50 on one phone. I just want to make sure I'm not going to get more than $80 a month charge. They told me if I cancelled the 700p I would be charged a $150 cancellation fee. I enjoy both phones, and I can afford the $80 a month, I just hope that's what it really is,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    take an do an esn swap an activate the wx on the 700p phone number. that's the number you have the contract with. the number that you now have on the wx is under 30 days and when you swap esn cancell the other account. now no $150 calcellation fee. then you can sell the 700 p and buy stuff for your wx.
  6.    #6  
    I tried that, and they told me in order to do that they would have to cancel my 700wx, and I'd have to return it. Then re-order it. It just seems too much of a hassle, if I can keep both phones for $80 a month I'm satisfied. I'm selling a PowerBook and 4gb iPod nano, so if I need any more stuff for my wx I can use that. I'm pretty much set, I get a lot of accessories to review and keep so if there's anything I want I can do that Thanks for the info.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Of course Sprint is less than Verizon, even without SERO. I have 2 phones on SERO with all the perks for $56/mo including everything.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    was that retentions? it sounds like something cs would say. I would try retention again if not for the first time. thay are still getting a sale on the wx so cancelling is loosing service. what i'm telling you is EXACTLY what I did.
    thats funny I have a 700wx and 700p (verizon).....probably will keep the 700p though, the 700wx just seems slow next to the 700p with Chatter and Agendus my main apps of use on a daily basis.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  10.    #10  
    I expected the 700wx to be slwoer than my 700p, but it's the opposite. I am a big user of chatter and Agendus, and use both on my 700p. You can do push email with Windows Mobile just as easily (I'd love a chatter port to windows mobile). I find I can do so much more, and more quickly with my 700wx. Having wifi is great, and for some reason EVDO is much faster on the 700wx compared to the 700p. Don't get me wrong I still love the Palm OS and my 700p, but this time the winner is the 700wx for me.
    Jimmie Geddes
  11.    #11  
    I went through CS 9that's probably why) retentions is the dept. that gave me a great hookup getting the 700wx for $399 w/ no contract., I don't really want to give up my 700p, and for $80 a month it's worth it for me to keep both. I have a gadget addiction, and like being able to have the 2 best top of the line smartphones in my opinion
    Jimmie Geddes
    well, enjoy
  13.    #13  
    Thanks Cody. You've been a huge help with getting me situated with my 700wx.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Reading this thread makes me wonder what the difference could be between Fred's wx and Jimmie's. Fred says his wx is slower than the P, Jimmie says his wx is faster than the P. Are these comparisons done with base units with no applications installed, or are there third party applications on both devices. Seems like one bad piece of software could be skewing the results.
    Quote Originally Posted by justleft View Post
    Reading this thread makes me wonder what the difference could be between Fred's wx and Jimmie's. Fred says his wx is slower than the P, Jimmie says his wx is faster than the P. Are these comparisons done with base units with no applications installed, or are there third party applications on both devices. Seems like one bad piece of software could be skewing the results.

well here's my take....when I got the 700wx fresh with no apps installed it ran nice. I started adding normal apps like Pocket Informant and some utility apps and the device started to get sluggish. Normal tasks like entering Calendar or getting to Programs/Settings took an extra 3 or so secs. I guess I am use to the Palm Treo where I have over 45 apps installed and the device still reacts quick and easy .

I might be biased due to the fact that I have used Treo 600,650,700p. I want to like the 700wx but as I say, routine tasks seem very non intuitive as they are on the 700p.

Hope this helps.....
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    i love the wx....I ESN swapped my number today and will be retiring my 700p forever.

Andy
  17.    #17  
    I'm also biased, I had a 600, 650 and 700p and find my 700wx to be faster than my 700p. It might be an app you had on the 700wx, I am not noticing any slow downs as I have experienced in the past with Windows Mobile.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Palm nailed it, and they knew it. Why else would they make that shocking announcement way back when? I was shocked they would turn to the darkside, after all why not just create a new OS, or use Symbian, or....

Now I get it!

...I mean, I still hate windows xp, but this is mobile and may best the OS win!

missing sync is working well on my mac, I can finally sync exchange with my mac AND handheld without much intervention.

Andy
  19.    #19  
    I swear by Missing Sync, even for my 700p. Don't count Palm OS out for the future, I think it'll be a different story once they get their next generation OS out, whether it be ALP or an in house Linux OS. They will definitely not be going Windows Mobile only, especially with this week's announcment of the PDN (Palm Developers Network).

But you're right Palm nailed it with the 700wx, the 700w I'm sorry to say was a test device. I'm sure the 750v is probably even better, it has that threaded SMS app we were supposed to get with our 700wx's.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I agree, it's all about the OS...as a treo user I had no choice. Now that I do I am glad I gave WM5 a chance. That being said all other WM5 devices I have tried couldn't come close to the Treo running palm. I guess with a superior form factor an updated OS will do.

It is just so amazing though how much in denial I was about the legacy Palm OS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast