1.    #1  
    Can someone try emailing and MMSing voice notes via the wx...im told the MMS function sucks in sprint. I have a kind of carpal syndrome so like to voice record and send a lot of my messages as voice notes via em or MMS. Is this possible on the treo 700wx and can they be played back and heard on any normal PC? what format does it get recorded in? many thanks in advance
    From the factory, the wx doesn't support either MMS or voice SMS. There are hacks for installing the MMS stuff from verizon's 6700 on to the sprint wx, but it's only good for sending, and I think I've read some limitations on what formats it'll support.

You can send _emails_ with pictures or voice recordings attached, however. If you send a lot of voice messages to yourself, grep for "voice minder" (www.pocketinformant.com) for a program that lets you record voice memo's and instantly email them to a predefined email addr.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_d View Post
    From the factory, the wx doesn't support either MMS or voice SMS. There are hacks for installing the MMS stuff from verizon's 6700 on to the sprint wx, but it's only good for sending, and I think I've read some limitations on what formats it'll support.

You can send _emails_ with pictures or voice recordings attached, however. If you send a lot of voice messages to yourself, grep for "voice minder" (www.pocketinformant.com) for a program that lets you record voice memo's and instantly email them to a predefined email addr.

thanks. i thought it didnt come only with MMS but had SMS. What you are telling me is that even SMS is missing? wow? thats really odd.
    i need to voice email voice notes to various people, not just myself...will this work?
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya View Post
    thanksWhat you are telling me is that even SMS is missing? wow? thats really odd.
    i need to voice email voice notes to various people, not just myself...will this work?
    _voice_ sms is missing, but regular sms (text only) is fully supported.

That voice minder program is really only good when you send voice notes to a single email address. (It's purpose is really for recording voice notes to yourself and emailing them to yourself so they are easier to find - or for a doctor that wants to record notes and have them automagically emails to a transcriptionist - etc..) You could record voice notes using the WM5 built in notes applet, and then email attach them to email messages, but that seems tedious.

Neither of the email programs I'm aware of (built in or flexmail) have native support for actually recording a voice memo while composing a new email.

Then again, it sounds like a nice feature request for flexmail. I'll forward it to the author...

Take care
    Gary
  5.    #5  
    i think it might be possible thru native voice rec itself..after you rec a note, doesnt WM5 allow you to em it?
    it does, but its in pocket notes native format. most people would have issues opening a ".pwi" file.

(just found tc's mobile version.. treo.treocentral.com.. this is one of the best mobile phone interfaces for a forum I've ever seen)
  7.    #7  
    oh darn! whats pwi now? so i gues what u r saying is that one needs to buy either mvoice 5 or killer mobile or softtrends voice rec to be able to rec and em voice notes? any advice?