Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have recently purchased a Treo 700wx and a Plantronics 640. This is bluetooth headset number four(4) and the best one yet. I have one problem, between calls the bluetooth on the Treo turns off. I have to constantly turn on the Treo bluetooth transmitter. It is not consistent, there are times when it stays on for about 20 minutes before turning itself off.

It's a pain because when I get calls, I would like to rely on the handset to answer my calls.

Has anyone notice this problem with their Treo 700? If so, what did you do to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Davidmcj
    I use my 700w with two Motorola BT headsets and a BT GPS receiver and have never experienced drop outs.

If other BT headsets have the same problem a 700wx exchange might be in order.

CM
    I have a plantronics 645 and the bluetooth turns off on the phone once or twice a day. Pain in the arse!
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidmcj View Post
    I have recently purchased a Treo 700wx and a Plantronics 640. This is bluetooth headset number four(4) and the best one yet. I have one problem, between calls the bluetooth on the Treo turns off. I have to constantly turn on the Treo bluetooth transmitter. It is not consistent, there are times when it stays on for about 20 minutes before turning itself off.

It's a pain because when I get calls, I would like to rely on the handset to answer my calls.

Has anyone notice this problem with their Treo 700? If so, what did you do to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Davidmcj

I have the same headset w/ the same problem...it's really annoying and defeats the purpose of bluetooth as I have to pick up my phone and hold it to my ear...with the h/s in the other ear. I think there's definitley a bug in the bt.
    I noticed that the bluetooth on my Treo would turn off more when the battery was low. I wonder if it is a power saving "feature".
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    The BT drops off even with a fully charged unit. I've noticed that it drops more often when I go into an elevator and when my signal level drops.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I had this problem with the 700p. It would drop the connection with my headset about 30 seconds after I hung up a call. Haven't experienced it with my wx yet. The wx seems to handle the bluetooth stuff pretty good for me.
    I have a 700wx and a parrot bluetooth car kit. I find that often the bluetooth kit won't find the phone unless I power cycle the bluetooth connection on the phone. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidmcj View Post

Thanks,

Davidmcj
    I have also had BT turn off on the phone, although not that often. I use a Jabra BT500.

Bob
    Just got a 700wx last week and now have the same intermittent connection problems with my Cardo Scala-500. Never had a problem on my 650 with the Cardo, but on the 700wx the connection comes and goes at will (even when the headset is a few inches from the phone). I think I'll buy a Motorola headset and try that out. Is this just a 700wx issue or are people having problems with the 700w too?
    BT has turned off on me a few times now. I'm using a Plantronics Explorer 320.
    Me also... Sometimes the phone turns bluetooth off for no reason.. not due to battery... Other times it will not find the device such as the Parrot for no reason unless I refresh it in the bluetooth settings or turn bluetooth manually on or off.

There must be a big here.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I've notice that my 700wx will disconnect the BT when I lose my wireless connection. For example, with I get in an elevator and I lose my connection to Sprint, the BT will also drop. I have to manually turn the BT back on. Also in underground parking garages.

As long as I stay connected to Sprint, my BT will remain connected.

Test it out with your BT headset.
    I have the same issue... WHY?? What the heck does the bluwetooth have to do with the connection to SPRINT... ? One thing has nothing to do with another really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treonated View Post
    Just got a 700wx last week and now have the same intermittent connection problems with my Cardo Scala-500. Never had a problem on my 650 with the Cardo, but on the 700wx the connection comes and goes at will (even when the headset is a few inches from the phone). I think I'll buy a Motorola headset and try that out. Is this just a 700wx issue or are people having problems with the 700w too?
    I’ve been using the Motorola H700 for a few days now. While I like it a lot better than my old Cardo, I haven’t seen much improvement in the Bluetooth dropout problem. I’ve also noticed two separate problems.

1) Bluetooth radio on the phone actually turns off by itself. As the guys above referred to, it seems to happen more often when the phone’s wireless connection to Sprint drops out. At this point the Bluetooth icon on the Today screen goes grey and I have to go to Settings>Connections>Bluetooth and re-check the “Turn on Bluetooth” box, which mysteriously becomes unchecked.

2) When I’m not having problem #1, sometimes the headset looses the connection with the phone (even at close range). At this point the Bluetooth icon goes from white to blue, meaning that Bluetooth is turned on, but not connected to anything. This happens at random but will also happen most of the time if I leave the phone at my desk and run to my car for a minute with the headset still in my ear. When I get back within range of the phone, sometimes, the phone and headset don’t automatically reconnect (blue icon won’t change back to white icon).

Usually, if I turn the H700 off and back on again, that solves the problem and it reconnects (get a white icon). This is where the H700 is MUCH better than the Cardo was because to turn the H700 on or off, you just have to open or close the boom (the Cardo made me press and hold a button for 5 seconds).

I use a Bluetooth headset all day long and this is really starting to make me mad. With my 650, the Bluetooth never mysteriously shut off and once I paired a headset it never lost a connection once (even when going to the car and moving outside the range of Bluetooth’s reach. As soon as I got back to my desk the 650 and headset always connected again automatically).

There’s about 1000 reasons why I like the 700 better than the 650, so I guess I’ll have to live with it for now.
    Last edited by Treonated; 09/25/2006 at 10:01 PM.
    I am also having the same problems mentioned above. I have the same problem with different headsets ( jx10, plantronics 640).

Has anyone experienced these issues and had them fixed? I spent $100 on a headset but it is not usable! please help! I took it into a sprint store and they were no help because the bluetooth works at somepoint but then stops working later until I check off the bluetooth option again.

Could it be that the bluetooth in these particular phones are just bad? Any experience in getting it replaced?
    i bought a jabra whatever the hell its called, the expensive tiny one.

works like a champ except i'm having the same problems as everyone else stated.
    I think its a pretty common issue. What irks me the most is when we experience this problem with a Palm "approved" bluetooth device.

I have the same BT headset as Treonated and experience his #2 gripe. Its especially irritating when I have the phone on vibrate and I think the headset will beep when I get a call. But of course by then the connection has dropped off and I get no such beep. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a BT headset if you have to cycle either the headset or the BT radio on the phone after a certain amount of time.
    I switched over from a 6700 to the 700wx and I absolutely love it. I was starting to quietly flip out over the BT headset being dropped, but it happened on another handset that I had to replace a few days ago, so I knew it was either my headset (Exp. 320) or the Treo itself.

Having seen these posts, I feel a little better about it. Now, I know the phone's brand spanking new, but has anyone heard anything about a ROM update addressing this issue? (I seriously doubt it, but I HAD to ask...)
    END OF LINE
    My 700w on Verizon has had the same trouble. I started with plantronics voyager 510 and would never stay connected. Tried my old moto HS 820 and worked with no issues at all. recently bought plantronics 640 and works fairly well. no dropping, or turning off. However if I get out of range and come back it won't automatically reconnect & I must press button on earpiece. not too bad of inconvenience for a good headset/phone.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast