Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by labboypro View Post
    Got a link for the lazy? I scanned a few pages back re "Hannip's hack" but didn't see anything. I did find a link back to Palm that let me sign up for 700wx update notifications. Are there any specific updates I should look for?
    If Sprint, you need the 1.15 ROM update.

Or, use the Hannip update.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    If Sprint, you need the 1.15 ROM update.

Or, use the Hannip update.
    31:45 later, I am now at 1.15 (was 1.13). Thanks for the pointer! BT trials are next.
    Using Samsung WEP200 without dropouts for 2days and good call quality and volume heard on other end by parents who are very hard of hearing. Sprint store tech would had 700wx said this one worked the best. The fit in my ear is the only thing I have trouble with.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiMora View Post
    I'm ditching this Treo.

Bought a Motorola Q.

It does almost everything the Palm does, and it does it better. The one feature I will miss, however, is the stylus / touchscreen.

I'll list the issues I had in a new thread. My intent is not to bash the Treo, but to let Palm know what they need to work on.

For the record, I DID get the bluetooth to work by turning off all power saving features - which killed my fully charged batteries in about 9 hours.

Of course, voice activated commands through the bluetooth headset never worked.

Bought a Q recently for my wife, thinking she would like it better than the Palm 700WX.

I never knew how many problems these phones had until we had it for a couple of weeks.

Good luck to you, our Q (and all those people of the forum) sucks. Thank god I have my 700WX. (but the Q's Bluetooth does seem to work well)
    Does anyone know if there is a fix for the dropping of the bluetooth device from my TREO 700WX during a call. Can anyone recommend a bluetooth device that works with the TREO 700WX
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo650Man View Post
    Bought a Q recently for my wife, thinking she would like it better than the Palm 700WX.

I never knew how many problems these phones had until we had it for a couple of weeks.

Good luck to you, our Q (and all those people of the forum) sucks. Thank god I have my 700WX. (but the Q's Bluetooth does seem to work well)
    I had the 700wx for a while, but I got tired of the bluetooth problems and the fact that it started dropping calls all the time.

I bought a Q around August I think. It took a while to get used to it, but I didn't really have any problems with it. The signal was great, bluetooth was great, and I could do voice dial through bluetooth.

I did miss the touchscreen, and although the Q has a 320x240 resolution, its really not much different than the 240x240 screen because the Q's actual screen is smaller than the Treo.

I did like the small form factor, but I felt more comfortable holding the 700wx, I was never one for thin phones.

I also missed iGuidance v4 that I had on the Treo. I tried a couple smartphone GPS apps and didn't like any as much.

I liked having the mini-USB for charging. I have those cables everywhere, so I could charge it anywhere.

I recently went back to my 700wx (last week), and my wife is now using the Q. I did a hard reset before switching it, and I haven't had any bluetooth problems with my Moto H700 headset. I also (crosses my fingers) haven't had any dropped calls.

So once again I'm a happy Treo 700wx user and my wife is a happy Q user.

To mkaplan001: Make sure you have the most recent firmware for your carrier and try a hard reset. I have the Motorola H700 headset and its been working good this time around.
    I own a treo 700wx and have also had many bluetooth connectivity problems. Has anyone resolved this issue with a bluetooth device that works. I would prefer a headset that fits into the ear canal not around the ear. I have tried the Samsung NG, and the Plantronics 640 NG
    Last edited by mkaplan001; 11/19/2007 at 09:42 AM.
    Does anyone know of a good bluetooth headset that works with the Treo 700wx?

I got my Sprint Treo 700wx in the mail last week and quickly found out that the Motorola H700 did not work well at all.

I need to put the 700wx up to my face (defeating the purpose of a bluetooth) to get a good, clear signal, if I had the phone in the carrying case on my waist the sound was all "crackling" and going in and out. I also think the volume is too low especially with the bluetooth.

I took the 700wx to the local Sprint store and the tech told me the speaker wasn't working well, and suggested that I ask for a new one to be sent, also said this may help my BT issue? I should get the new 700wx in a couple of days. Could it just be the unit I have as he suggested?

I like the feel of the 700H BT and the style of the unit wrapping around the ear. Any suggestions on what are the best BT headsets for the Treo 700wx? Could this all be solved with a different 700wx unit?

I love the Treo wx and would hate to get rid of it, but having BT and having it work correctly is a big factor in me keeping it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake002 View Post

I got my Sprint Treo 700wx in the mail last week and quickly found out that the Motorola H700 did not work well at all.

I need to put the 700wx up to my face (defeating the purpose of a bluetooth) to get a good, clear signal, if I had the phone in the carrying case on my waist the sound was all "crackling" and going in and out. I also think the volume is too low especially with the bluetooth.

I took the 700wx to the local Sprint store and the tech told me the speaker wasn't working well, and suggested that I ask for a new one to be sent, also said this may help my BT issue? I should get the new 700wx in a couple of days. Could it just be the unit I have as he suggested?

I like the feel of the 700H BT and the style of the unit wrapping around the ear. Any suggestions on what are the best BT headsets for the Treo 700wx? Could this all be solved with a different 700wx unit?

I love the Treo wx and would hate to get rid of it, but having BT and having it work correctly is a big factor in me keeping it.

Thanks
    The Moto H700 headset seems to be a good one. I've used it and never had an experience like your's. It could have been the phone, so I would try it with the new one.

While the 1.15 update helps BT, its still not 100% for the 700wx. If BT is a very important deciding factor, you might consider a different phone. I would wait until you get the new Treo and try it, but if you continue having issues, I would suggest trying another phone.

The 1.15 update helped my problems alot, but for some reason BT on the Treo seems to interfere with my wireless network at home. I know its weird, but that's what I narrowed it down to. I used a MotoQ and never had a single BT issue. The 1.15 update fixed my problems everywhere else though, so that's a good thing.
    I got the new Tre0 700wx in the mail today. The speaker is working correctly, but I am still having the issue with the bluetooth and the very poor quality of reception.

I guess I will just go to a Sprint store and have the rep listen to it, and hope we can find a bluetooth model in the store that works, if not I guess I will give up on the Tre0 700wx.

It's a shame too, as everything else about this phone I love.

I have been reading the past few days about the problem that the 700wx has had with bluetooth, and the supposed update to fix that problem about 10 months ago. If they fixed it then why are so many people still having issues with it? I would think Palm would have been working to solve this problem, I guess not. I guess I will have to find another smartphone, it's a shame as I love everything else about the 700wx.
    BlueAnt Z9 (review)

I feel the quality is quite good, but more importantly, with the flaky behavior of the 700's BT, the auto force-reconnect feature is a must. Basically if you loose the pairing, the headset will force a reconnect instantly, leaving you "unpaired" for no more than 2-4 seconds.

I can't say if other headsets have that feature (?), but I would consider it an important one on this device. Likewise, the BT 2.0 and being firmware upgradeable will ensure it's longevity with future handsets.
    I have been reading the past few days about the problem that the 700wx has had with bluetooth, and the supposed update to fix that problem about 10 months ago. If they fixed it then why are so many people still having issues with it? .
    Ultimately, it could be a hardware issue--that is a poor BT 1.2 radio, which cannot be ameliorated any more with software; you can't get blood from a stone .

Palm has since improved its BT performance with the Treo 750, which I understand works very well, as well as the new Palm Centro, which also has good performance with none of the bugs in the 700wx.

I just got done reading a review for the 750, unfortunately I have Sprint, and it seems that the 750 is only available on Cingular. Seems nice.

I guess I will start testing other BT headsets then, hoping to find one that works with my 700wx.

The Sprint Rep told me that the Plantonics Discovery 665, and the Motorola H9 mini would be the best fit. Any comments on these two BT units?

Thanks
    The Sprint Rep told me that the Plantonics Discovery 665, and the Motorola H9 mini would be the best fit. Any comments on these two BT units?

Thanks
    Plantronics devices are actually pretty hit/miss with the Treo, including the 665. Maybe someone here has some more info, but although they are nice I'm not too confident.

The H9 has received mediocre, at best, ratings. Dare I use the word gimmicky? It has about 1.5 hour talk time.

This phone does have the 1.15 update. I am not sure what to do now, as I said I love the rest of the 700wx, if I could only get this BT to work with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Blake: I don't understand, you asked about working BT headsets and the Moto H700 and BlueAnt Z9 were mentioned here as both working quite well w/ the 700wx--so why not try either of those?

I am headed to the local Sprint store now and start to try other units, including those mentioned above. (Sorry, these 12 hrs shifts are starting to get to me, lol). I am on my second H700 with these past two phones, guess im just hitting alot of bad luck.

Sprints customer care is insisting that they send me a 3rd phone to try and get this working, so I guess in the next 4-5 days ill be testing these other BT units.

Another question, sorta off topic. Are the programs to increase the volume on the Treo any good? Mine could still be a little louder.

Ok, off to Sprint to start testing the other BT units.

Thanks!
    Well, the BlueAnt didn't work either, even with the 3.3 upgrade. The Sprint rep checked it out too when I went in to pay my bill, and he is stunned at this trouble too.

I am going to try a jawbone? Or something at Best Buy if I cant get the new 700wx that I am getting in the mail in a few days, if the Blue Ant wont work on it. If this last 700 wx doesn't work, Im just going to forget about the 700wx.
    Hi Everyone,

I noticed that no one has posted on this for a while, but I am a new Verizon Treo 700wx user and am having dropout issues with a PLT 510. I have a couple of questions:

1. Has this issue been resolved? Is there a patch available for this issue from Palm or Verizon?

2. Does the fix Hannip talked about apply to the Verizon phone as well. In the post it has it listed as the Sprint version.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Paseo
    The patch Hannip put out is in the latest updates from Palm (both for Verizon and Sprint).
    still having problems with my sprint 700wx . I have a Logitech Mobile Freedom and a BlueAnt Z9 with 3.4 firmware. both headsets have same issues, with the Logitech giving better voice quality and fewer instances. I also tried a cheap Plantronics for a few weeks with same results. I am convinced that if your Treo has problems with one headset it will have problems with all..
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast