Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Plantronics 640- Dropout issues
    Jawbone- At times wouldn't connect or would say it was connected and in use on a call when it obviously wasn't when I had to grab the phone and carry on the conversation. Tried repairing several attempts without improvement.
    Motorola H-500- Same as Jawbone and with significant dropout issues.
    Motorola H-700 -Dropout issues although significantly less than models above
    RazorWire Oakely combo- On par with H-700
    Also on a report about no dropouts for a week I had my first one in a week today Using the Razorwire model.
    Good luck!
    Are there any Lawyers using this particular phone with this particular problem, seems to me a class action lawsuit should be filed. I thought I upgraded from a V710 and a palm pilot to the Treo 700wx, The BT worked flawlessly on my V710...

As a matter of fact I have a question. Does the bluetooth on the treos if it does work, allow for voice dialing. My V710 used to ask me if it was Name Dial or Digit Dial? Is this phone supposed to do that as well? If not why is it called a smartphone? Seems pretty dumb to me.
    No its a Pocket PC Phone and only as smart as the developers.
    I have the 700wx and use the BT motorola H700. No problems here with the drop outs
    The I only time I had a BT dropout was when I forgot I had my phone in my coat pocket and hung the coat up. While still on the conversation I walked towards the restroom. I was probably more than 50 feet before I noticed the caller was gone. So I quickly walked towards my phone, turned the BT headset off, then on, and I was surprised to hear the caller again on my BT headset (Jabra BT500).
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by catbowl View Post
    Are there any Lawyers using this particular phone with this particular problem, seems to me a class action lawsuit should be filed. I thought I upgraded from a V710 and a palm pilot to the Treo 700wx, The BT worked flawlessly on my V710...

As a matter of fact I have a question. Does the bluetooth on the treos if it does work, allow for voice dialing. My V710 used to ask me if it was Name Dial or Digit Dial? Is this phone supposed to do that as well? If not why is it called a smartphone? Seems pretty dumb to me.
    It does not work with any of the third party apps such as voicedialit and voice dial. The software developers say it is a Palm software/firmware issue and they are probably right. Palm is aware of the issue and has no plans to address it.
    Hi folks
    Ok I have had at least 2 of the problems mentioned here. Sorry if this is a repost or repeated information but here's how I have fixed some (but not all) of them. My equipment:
    Treo 700Wx with Verizon service, Moto H500 BT headset, 1GB SD card.
    **Issue where bluetooth disappears**
    This phone appears to be sensitive to EM inteference from Wifi sources, computers, and other bluetooth phones. It also appears that when you have a low Cell phone signal, that the bluetooth functionality can be affected. Why? While I don't have any solid measurement data, I can tell you that at my house where I get one bar, bluetooth is very unreliable in general. There are times it will work for days, and other times when it stays on for 5 minutes. Also my battery life at home is less than other places where I have spent with a good cell phone signal. So my theory is that the phone is working so hard to pull in a signal at my house, that, the system resources for bluetooth get 'dropped'. I'm thinking that the phone app takes up all of the memory/cpu/IO and that the OS kills off the bluetooth app, or, the bluetooth radio thinks it has a low signal and it shuts off. Kind of like when windows XP runs out of I/O and all of your apps get slow, that can even cause some network apps to die.... I figure the same is happening here. Sometimes I find if I take the SD card out, the phone is more reliable from a bluetooh perspective.
    **Issue where I get funky noise on my headset**
    This is a very annoying issue. I called Verizon and they had me do a hard reset to fix this problem. This is NOT the right solution. The problem is that when I start up bluetooth, 1/2 of the time I get an annoying buzz sound on my headset but only discover this during the first incoming call. Quite annoying! The solution? Start -> settings -> connections -> bluetooth -> devices. select and hold down select on your bluetooth headset. Select "Set as hands free". You can do this in a call, but then the problem wil return when the call is over. OR you can do it when not in a call and the problem does not return until you go out of range of the phone OR turn your headset on/off. For whatever reason, this phone does not set the 'hands free' option for this headset by itself all the time.. Verizon is clueless and has no fix.
    **Issue where the phone locks during a call.**
    Sometimes the phone hangs during an incoming call. If my bluetooth is not on, or hands free is not on, or the pairing has broken again, and I try to turn it on with 'connect bluetooth, from the phone menu, the phone hangs. SO don't do that! If my headset is off, I can turn it on and sometimes it will switch the call there. If the headset is on and did not answer the call (even though I pushed the faggy little button) then I find that doing a start --> settings --> connections -> bluetooth -> devices and then setting hands free sometimes works, sometimes not.
    So what happens when the phone locks up then is the call continues until my phone auto security locks, and then the call goes away. And no bluetooth, either. Take out the battery or soft reset. (what else can you do when your phone hangs). Again, no direct fix but some workarounds.
    ** Issue when the phone rings even after call is answered**
    Yes, I have answered a call and had that stupid like spinning 4 color icon doing zero but looking cool. So I'm talking to someone and my phone is ringing still. Fix? Stop the call and reboot the phone. This is a sign my phone is out of memory.

I can't tell you how glad I am that I did not pay full retail for this phone. However I do like it as a PDA very much. But my Treo 600 was far more reliable as a phone and that's a sad thing.

-Sean
    I'm ditching this Treo.

Bought a Motorola Q.

It does almost everything the Palm does, and it does it better. The one feature I will miss, however, is the stylus / touchscreen.

I'll list the issues I had in a new thread. My intent is not to bash the Treo, but to let Palm know what they need to work on.

For the record, I DID get the bluetooth to work by turning off all power saving features - which killed my fully charged batteries in about 9 hours.

Of course, voice activated commands through the bluetooth headset never worked.
    a bump is a MUST

8 full pages of nothing but sheer disapointment! Come on Palm Where is our patch/fix/upgrade? I have said this time ad time again, "Why can't this $600.00 "smart"phone perform the same simple tasks as the $14.99 boost mobile prepaid phones?" Seriously Im thinking of getting a cheap phone for reliable use and just keep the 700wx for a novelty item Don't get me wrong this phoe is great I would NEVER trade it for and iPhone or a Q or any of the other competition I am a palm-crazed junkie. but really when you look at it. we have to download 3rd party software just to keep up with the cheap wal-mart phone.

but back to the point I WANT A BT FIX!!!!
    If you have a Sprint 700wx, they just released an update. I'm installing it now and will report back on my BT experience.
    where can i get it????? plz post link....... so anxious!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=151168

See that thread. I'm not sure if it will help with all the BT issues, but I'm anxious to find out
    NO FIX FOR BT ISSUES!!!!!!

WTF? is it a possible for a hack or reg edit? This is really starting to upset me.
    Same problem here. SOmedays it connects with the bluetooth in my car and other days....nothing.
    I gave all my bluetooth speakerphones to my father for his cars, I give up on the WX BT EVER WORKING..
    I installed the latest update from Palm. My H700 still drops out after about 5 min. This is my third BT headset to fail.

I've tried the suggestion I read from this forum. Nada.

Good bye Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgilligan View Post
    I installed the latest update from Palm. My H700 still drops out after about 5 min. This is my third BT headset to fail.

I've tried the suggestion I read from this forum. Nada.

Good bye Palm.
    Huh. Sorry to hear that. My BT has improved a lot since Hannip's hack and also with the upgrade (not together at once, just separately).

So far my H500, 640 and Blueant Z9 all say on with no issues.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I really need to chime in on this one. Had a Verizon 700W, BT worked fine. Changed to 700WX, now I can hear the other party but they cannont hear me. Tried the Plantronics 640, Scala 500, Bluespoon axe, all have the same issue. I can seem to hear most of the time but nobody can ever hear me. Ive done no mods to mine so far. Is ther anything anyone can recommend to correct this, short of running over it wirh my truck?
    Hannip's hack improved my experience immensly. On Telus in Canada, so never expect to get any firmware updates here. Happy the hack made a difference.

Cheers,

Sleeman
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    My BT has improved a lot since Hannip's hack and also with the upgrade
    Got a link for the lazy? I scanned a few pages back re "Hannip's hack" but didn't see anything. I did find a link back to Palm that let me sign up for 700wx update notifications. Are there any specific updates I should look for?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast