Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Wanted to let everyone know that I have continued to use the settings discussed in my last post (i.e., changing the advanced power settings) and I have had no bluetooth dropout whatsoever since.

Has anyone else had luck with these settings?
    Spartnova, your power setting suggestion does seem to help. I'm using a H700 too. However, changing the power settings didn't totally solve the problem for me. Bluetooth did shut itself off once (icon turned to gray) when I was in an area without Sprint service. But it's only done it once in about four days where it used to do it about once a day before I changed the power settings. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Younghen View Post
    Has anyone experienced the dropout where you cannot turn bluetooth on without a hard reset? Soft reset doesn't do anything, and when you click on the bluetooth icon the phone just hangs.
    i have the exact same problem. i wonder why we're the only two to post about this? i just posted this thread yesterday, any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=134825

Quote Originally Posted by matro View Post
    I quote myself just to update: I tried disabling UMTS, and now it works correctly. it seems there's an issue with UMTS and BT, like others said.
    what's the UMTS?
    unfortunately the power settings did no good for me. good news for me is it always reconnects itself 30 or so seconds later.
  5. sku
    I just got a treo 700wx (verizon). This is my first one. I started off not happy with this phone because of the bluetooth dropout Issue. I tried the following bt headsets that did not work with the phone (some ov which also had poor voice quality):

1) Moto H505 (not 500)
    2) Moto HS850
    3) Nokia BH-200

All three dropped out constantly and burned up the 700wx's battery life.

Finally, I got fed up with it and went and purchased the best headset made just to try. I went to cingular wireless store and bought the JAWBONE. This is the best. Not only does it stay connected all day to the 700wx, the 700wx battery worked as it should, and the call quality is the best I have seen. It cuts ou the background noise and the volume adjusts automatically, and not static.

It is not cheap ($120.00) but worth every penney since I like 700wx to wirelessly sync my calendar and email contacts, and send a read only calendar to my old lady via WebDav on godaddy (so I don't have to hear! What is your schedule like tomarrow? - I f***ing hate that).

Get the JAWBONE! Buy it at cingular wireless so if it does not work for you can take it back within 30 days. I guarantee you won't take it back.
  6. sku
    Oh sorry I forgot. In addition, the range on this thing is very good. I am not the best jusdge of distance but you will get at least 30 feet out of this one (jawbone).

For instance I left my phone in the car when I picked my son up at school. I was in the second row of the lot and did not loose the connection until I made it to the door (a tone comes in your ear).

Get the JAWBONE and keep the phone
  7. sku
    Here is what it says on the back of the package of the Jawbone:

Military Grade technology eliminates background noise for uninterupted and productive conversations.

Crying babies, street noise, or annoying airport loudspeakers will not interupt your next call when using Jawbone's Noise Shield

Light on your ear and easy to use.
    Tried Jawbone and at times phone would register that Jawbone was connected but when I tried to make a call the jawbone never picked up the call and I would have to pick up the phone and use phone normally. I tried re-pairing without improvement and the units were withing 1ft of each other. The Jawbone is probably a good headset but ultimately we must all admit that the bluetooth components or the software controlling the bluetooth in the Palm Treo 700wx sucks. Still the Motorola H700 and Oakley/Motorola Razorwire are the best as far as less dropout issues and thats not saying much! To Jawbone's inconsistent ability to pickup or make calls with the 700wx.
    I too am having the same Bluetooth dropout issue.

Headset is a Motorola H700 and I am also using a Pharos GPS-II bluetooth transmitter (to use with a Microsoft GPS receiver) and it too is dropping. Very annoying.

I'm gonna smash this thing with a sledgehammer pretty quick. OK, not really, but I will take it back and tell Sprint it sucks and they should not sell a product that doesn't work - and go back to my $35.00 Plain-Jane cell phone.

Any word on a fix / patch from Palm or Microsoft that will make it all better? I tried the power management settings posted above and will report back.
    wow i thought i had a faulty treo but i am currently having the same issue when i try to pair my moto h350 with my wx..
    I wonder if it *could* be a hardware issue? I am in my 30 day trial period so I may make Sprint give me a different one.

Are there any members that don't have ANY problems with their BlueTooth dropping out? Chime in if yours works great.

I am on day one after turning off the power saving features as described above, and so far by BlueTooth has been rock solid. It is, however, way too early to say if it will be OK< and I need to try it with my GPS at length to give a thumbs up or not on this remedy.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Is your problem the drop out or your bluetooth turning off? My bluetooth stays on but the headset will disconnect from the phone and reconnect. And at times will say that it is connected but will not pickup on the headset and I have to use the phone. And then the headset won't turn off.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    I just got the Motorola H700 and I'm having the same problems as everyone else. Sometimes the Treo won't automatically find the headset when its in range, even if I turn off the headset and turn it back on, it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Powercycling the Treo always works, atleast for a little bit.

One thing I've noticed however, its not just headsets. I have a BT GPS receiver and its similar. If I turn that on, the Treo usually doesn't automatically connect to it. If I start my GPS software, then it pairs with the receiver perfectly every time, but I have to start the GPS software. Its almost as if the GPS software sends a command to look for a receiver.

I wonder if someone wrote a small program similar to the GPS software that would force BT on the Treo to look for a headset. I wonder if this is possible with Mortscript. Its an idea. I wish the problem could get fixed, but if there was a small program/script we could run instead of soft-resetting the Treo, that would make it alot better IMO.

My BT will almost always stay on, its just loses the pair with the headset.

Just an idea if someone is willing to try it.
    I don't really know what one thing has to do with the other, but earlier in this thread, someone said to turn the Beam setting to "always accept incoming connections". I did that a couple of hours ago and have tried everything to get my Moto H700 to unpair and it hasn't happened yet. It would unpair itself throughout the day yesterday and today (I've only had it since Thursday), but this seems to be working so far.
    Just an update...changing the Beam settings seemed to have helped for a while. It was working flawlessly the last 2 days. This morning I tried to pair it when I got in my car and no go. I've been trying for the last half an hour and its not pairing, so I probably have to soft reset the Treo.

So while it appears to help for a while, its definitely not permanent, but its been A LOT better than it was before.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Is your problem the drop out or your bluetooth turning off? My bluetooth stays on but the headset will disconnect from the phone and reconnect. And at times will say that it is connected but will not pickup on the headset and I have to use the phone. And then the headset won't turn off.
    Last week (finally) I found the BT device I wanted... I got the Plantronics 590A, which gives me 2 BT channels, one for streaming whatever out of an 1/8" jack, and the other for the phone. Incoming calls will switch to the phone and mute the other channel. Non-phone channel has worked flawlessly since getting the equipment. 700wx, however, has dropped its connection at least 3-4 times per day. Once, the BT was turned off. The other times, it's just a loss of connectivity. I've tried Incoming on and off with no apparent change in behavior. I doubt it's a power save issue as the phone is often plugged into my desktop charger.

*grumble grumble*

I'm about to read this thread end to end in hopes of find a magic cure.
    I haven't had any problems with dropped calls, yet. I'm using a Jabra BT500, with A2DP on the 700wx. I did notice once that BT was turned off on my 700wx. I'm sure I didn't turn it off. As mentioned, I never got disconnected from any calls while BT was still on or while I was in a conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I haven't had any problems with dropped calls, yet. I'm using a Jabra BT500, with A2DP on the 700wx. I did notice once that BT was turned off on my 700wx. I'm sure I didn't turn it off. As mentioned, I never got disconnected from any calls while BT was still on or while I was in a conversation.
    I've never had any problems with it during a conversation either, just when I turned off my headset and tried to pair it again and couldn't get it to pair.
    I too have a Plantronics 640 (it's the only one of 4 headsets that I have tried, including a wired headset, that is loud enough while I am driving) BT headset. I got a 2nd Sprint Treo 700WX for work (my personal is also a 700WX Sprint phone) and I get dropouts for no reason.

People constantly mention that there is a BT stack error and that there is no fix. Funny thing is, on a daily basis and for hours on end, I use my first 700WX with my Telenav bluetooth GPS reciever and it NEVER drops out. I am a field technician that drives from site to site, and sometimes have my Telenav bluetooth GPS reciever on for hours at a time, and it has never lost connection, even when my 700WX battery was low (or the Telenav with low battery).
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eastbayarb View Post
    People constantly mention that there is a BT stack error and that there is no fix. Funny thing is, on a daily basis and for hours on end, I use my first 700WX with my Telenav bluetooth GPS reciever and it NEVER drops out. I am a field technician that drives from site to site, and sometimes have my Telenav bluetooth GPS reciever on for hours at a time, and it has never lost connection, even when my 700WX battery was low (or the Telenav with low battery).
    I have never had an issue with my bluetooth GPS reciever never has a problem. I am wondering if it is an issue with just newer bluetooth headsets? Could it be an issue with bluetooth 2.0? Hannip?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx