Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matro View Post
    I confirm the same issue with my 750v and the car BT support. I had a 650, which worked really well once upgraded both its firmware and the car one (Seat Altea, BT firmware 0050).

now, once paired the 750v I experience the same of yours: drops out, with or without BT to 'automagically' turned off on the phone.
    I quote myself just to update: I tried disabling UMTS, and now it works correctly. it seems there's an issue with UMTS and BT, like others said.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Any word on when we might see a bluetooth update. I have a parrot car kit. Have the time the phone doesn't pair to the car. Either the bluetooth is turned off or I have to refresh the device settings to get it to connect.
    Really? Disabling UMTS fixes it? I've have to try that to see if it helps with my 750 and BMW 330i.

I quote myself just to update: I tried disabling UMTS, and now it works correctly. it seems there's an issue with UMTS and BT, like others said.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Bluetooth works for about 5 minutes to 4 hours then just automagicly disables itself. I have to repair my H350 constantly as well for it to find it.

I am about ready to return the phone then a friend says post here these guys might know something about it.

I have called sprints customer support, soft reset hard reset etc no help they even got a bit pissy with me when I directed them to google and showed them two blogs of people with the same issues around bluetooth disabling itself.

7 customer services reps, phone/face2face all of them deny a problem. One of them had a thought and asked a tech at the local store he said yes its a problem and that there is a patch coming in december. I find this unacceptable.

so...

Any of you have or heard of this problem?

Am I unreasonable for not wanting to repair my headset every 5-240 minutes?

How much smoke are they blowing about this "upcoming patch"?

What is UMTS?
    Quote Originally Posted by happydeath View Post
    Bluetooth works for about 5 minutes to 4 hours then just automagicly disables itself. I have to repair my H350 constantly as well for it to find it.

I am about ready to return the phone then a friend says post here these guys might know something about it.

I have called sprints customer support, soft reset hard reset etc no help they even got a bit pissy with me when I directed them to google and showed them two blogs of people with the same issues around bluetooth disabling itself.

7 customer services reps, phone/face2face all of them deny a problem. One of them had a thought and asked a tech at the local store he said yes its a problem and that there is a patch coming in december. I find this unacceptable.

so...

Any of you have or heard of this problem?

Am I unreasonable for not wanting to repair my headset every 5-240 minutes?

How much smoke are they blowing about this "upcoming patch"?

What is UMTS?
    Please learn to use punctuation in your posts. Not using it makes your post hard to read.

UMTS doesn't have anything to do with CDMA so just ignore those posts. Those are people with Treo 750V's.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Im trying not jump on the Bluetooth problem here, as on another thread I was admonished for complaining about purchasing a $500 phone that doesnt work but.....

While I do have the bluetooth drop problem, I also have another problem where the phone will ring through the bluetooth handsfree (uconnect) and im not able to answer the phone. As you could imagine this is slightly more aggravating than a dropout.

Im not too proud to beg so here we go.

Palm programmers, if you are reading this thread PLEASE oh PLEASE get this bluetooth thing (esp. my Uconnect issue) fixed ASAP. I will send you all cookies and brownies if you get this done before the end of the year.

By the way I had a cingular 8500 (numbers might be wrong) for a day and nothing worked on that phone.
    Bump for great justice.....well maybe not justice but can one of the mods sticky this, it is a serious problem that all the major cell providers deny even exists.

I had some retard tech; you can judge my use of the term retard when you are done reading, tell me that the SMS patch fixed the bluetooth issue. I get an email from a sprint sales guy saying that the bluetooth patch is out and to go to sprint downloads to get it. I browse to sprint downloads and there is nothing as expected. I go to the sprint store ask the sales guy to show me where it is. He can't find it, so he gets the retard(tech). The tech comes out looks at the website and points at the SMS patch and says thats it, just came out today. Basicly I call bs on it because 1-SMS patch has been out a long time, 2-SMS is the texting the patch nothing to do with bluetooth. The tech claims, "No no they roll up other fixes in the patch."

Knowing full well that I have just been blown off I agree to install the patch and wait for the bluetooth drop out again. 5 hours after installing the patch bluetooth once again automagicly disables. Today my plan is to take my treo down to the store and shove it up the techs rear sideways, then stab him in the eye with my stylus.

I am sure some of you will disapprove of this course of action but others will cheer it.

PS

The sales guy actually wanted to help me...so at least one decent person works at sprint.
    Last edited by happydeath; 12/12/2006 at 08:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Really? Disabling UMTS fixes it? I've have to try that to see if it helps with my 750 and BMW 330i.
    no, no, no.

I'm sorry for my last post, I though to have solved, but I would had to wait longer: infact, if I disable UMTS disconnections-and-reconnections happens between 10 minutes instead of almost once per minute... but it happens.
    Bump for great justice.....well maybe not justice but can one of the mods sticky this, it is a serious problem that all the major cell providers deny even exists.
    I'm a Treo customer since 180. every new Treo model had lots of issues, but I can say subsequent firmware updates covered what users noticed and posted here at treocentral.com.

that's why I'm living with Treo 750v BT and other issues, because I know palmOne will fix them all.

we just have to wait for it; all in all, we bought early post-beta phase devices, come on, did you think they won't have any issue?
    Last edited by matro; 12/12/2006 at 11:20 AM. Reason: typos
    I'm a Treo customer since 180. every new Treo model had lots of issues, but I can say subsequent firmware updates covered what users noticed and posted here at treocentral.com.

that's why I'm living with Treo 750v BT and other issues, because I know palmOne will fix them all.

we just have to wait for it; all in all, we bought early post-beta phase devices, come on, did you think they won't have any issue?
    Yes, for retail of 600 dollars i expected it to work as advertised, guess I am just a stupid consumer...

Actually if just one jerkoff at one of the phone companies would admit it's a problem, or the local tech knew more then me that would placate me somewhat.
    The tech claims, "No no they roll up other fixes in the patch."

Knowing full well that I have just been blown off I agree to install the patch and wait for the bluetooth drop out again. 5 hours after installing the patch bluetooth once again automagicly disables. Today my plan is to take my treo down to the store and shove it up the techs rear sideways, then stab him in the eye with my stylus.
    Uh huh. Other fixes. Secret fixes. So they'll fix stuff before we even know it's broken, right? Right guys? Right?

Oh, and the stylus stab thing made me lol - I pictured it.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Well I was having dongle issues with my PC. Killed the BT ports on my PC and resynced my Headset and the problem went away.

These things are always glitchy with every phone I've had...
    I think I am having the same problem as you all are with your headsets. maybe someone can confirm. I have a bluetooth GPS receiver that has auto on/off capabilities that turns on when a bluetooth device gets in range. the problem I am finding is that the bluetooth device does not always recognize that my pda is in range. It seems as though the pda doesn't have bluetooth on but I am able to find devices when setting up new connections. This only happens sometimes so I don't know if it is a bluetooth problem or a problem with my receiver.

thanks
    I have a Plantronics 510. Same problem. Today, I even had to reset my treo 700wx since it won't keep tits bluetooth checkmark.
  15. Nim
    Hey, I have specifically joined this forum because of this single BT drop-out problem.

I am a first-time Treo owner. I have just purchased the Treo 700wx from Telus. The one MUST HAVE feature for me is BT capabilities for Hands Free service.

I have a Pioneer AVIC Z1 Navigation unit with a bluetooth adapter. Before the Treo, I had a Blackberry 7130e which automatically paired with my Navi as soon as the engine was turned on and I was able to make and receive phone calls everytime and had NEVER had a drop-out problem.

Now with the Treo, I have constant Bluetooth drop-outs. Mainly in the middle of phone calls. The Bluetooth doesn't turn off, but just unpairs itself with the Navi and the Treo seems to freeze for about 10-15 seconds as it seems to "recover".

I have tried 2 other Treo 700wx's and the same BT drop-out occurs. This is rediculous.
    So, in testing I think I found out exactly what is happening with regards to the bluetooth dropout. Here is what I found:

If I have my headset on and connected to my phone, and I travel into an area with no coverage (No Sprint and No roaming partners), the unit seems to go into a radio sleep mode. It is at this point that it shuts off the bluetooth radio. I can reproduce it in the same spot give or take a few feet in my commute every morning. After it happens, I go into the bluetooth prefs and have to recheck it to turn bluetooth on. Looks like this may be something simple, or in other words a simple bug in how the radio power savings works. I have not had the dropout when I remain in full coverage. If only I could see the code for this function...
    bit_bucket
    Yes, as a matter of fact, I think they won't fix it. The 650 had bluetooth problems but by the last firmware update was working pretty well.

The 700w released in January still has bluetooth problems (1 patch so far).

The 700p released in May still has bluetooth problems (no patches yet).

The new 750v has bluetooth problems (no patches yet).

The 680 works better with bluetooth, but geez, it's like 650 internally. It should work by now.

Noticing a pattern? Here's an example, the Motorola Q, despite any other perceived problems, was released in May, has had 2 major updates which added features as well as fixes, and is a stellar bluetooth performer.

I loved in the Palm 700p letter posted on Treocentral, that Palm used the old excuse that there are so many devices to test. No excuse, other manufacters get it to work, I have no patience with Palm about this anymore. And I've had lots of Palms since the Palm III, and every Treo since the 270 (skipped the 180).

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  18. Nim
    I just drove around the city to meet some clients. I've noticed that the Bluetooth only drops the pairing DURING a call. My Navi says "Phone call disconnected" and it shows the same logo as when there is no bluetooth device paired.

I checked the Treo after everytime this happened and the Treo's Bluetooth is still active, just not paired with anything. It also freezes for about 20 seconds after each Bluetooth disconnect.

I can wait a while for the Treo to recover and then use the Treo itself to continue the conversation (if the person on the other end doesn't hang up already since I am not able to talk for the while that the Treo is frozen). But this won't work either because eventually, it will pair again with the Navi and work agian for a few seconds and drop the connection again.

This is so frustrating!! Should I call TELUS or Palm to let them know another one is messing up?
    I have the same problem with a 700wx (from Telus) paired with my car (an Infiniti G35). During a recent 15 minute drive the phone disconnected and reconnected at least 8 times. I was planning on timing (with a stopwatch) how long the device stayed connected and then stayed disconnected to see if there was a pattern ... but from the other posts here it sounds like maybe my cell signal strength is dropping which causes BT to drop ... ??? Very annoying!
    Be forewarned - I am a Treo newbie. I was very happy with the Treo when I first began using it, but was distressed at the lack luster BT performance. I appeared to be having two problems:

First, my Motorola H500 would, without warning, shut off. The Treo would show a blue BT icon (indicating BT on, but no device). In fact, on at least one occasion, I was wearing the H500 and I heard a tone which (I believe) indicated it was shutting off for whatever reason. Then I would need to soft reset the Treo to reconnect.

Second, which appears more common, the Treo would, without warning, shut off the BT. I'd be driving along, the phone would ring, and I'd be fumbling for to pick it up b/c the H500 failed to connect.

I believe I have resolved both issues, at least for me. First, I switched to a H700 with the retractable boom. For whatever reason, the H700 does not go into whatever shutoff mode the H500 went into.

Second (and probably more importantly), with the help of Palmone customer service, I deselected the "Turn off device if not used for XX minutes" option under the "On battery power" power setting. You can get there by going to Settings-System-Power-Advanced. Then when I need to lock the phone (as it will no longer do so automatically), I use the Control-Poweroff simultaneous key sequence to lock the phone.

With these two changes, I have not experienced a single loss of BT connectivity - even in areas with no Sprint service. Sure, the battery power is drained a little faster, but it gets me through the day and the BT works.

BTW, the Palmone representative assured me that this was a known issue and a fix was in the works for first quarter 2007. He confirmed that the recent update was not intended to address the BT problem.

Anyway, I hope this works for some of you!