1.    #1  
    http://www.shinyshiny.tv/2006/09/one_minute_revi_4.html

ShinyShiny, the girls guide to gadgets, have a 1 minute review of the Treo 750v (actually more like 2 minutes). Suzy from ShinyShiny thought it was not as slim and attractive as the new Blackberry Pearl, but found the device "a lot of neat tricks", and "as you know, the Windows software is actually a really good operating system to use, its very easy. " (eat your heart out PalmOS!). She then goes on to mention something very interesting, that Vodafone will have specific e-mail packages for the device, ranging from 10 upward. If these are tailored Blackberry-like packages then Vodafone data rates may actually be palatable for the device's primary messaging function. This may tie in with a Vodafone-based hosted Exchange Service.

I guess a ShinyShiny 1 minute review is packed with information after all. I look forward to part 2, the 750v vs Pearl prizefight!

See the ShinyShiny site for many more product reviews..

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 09/14/2006 at 07:37 PM.
    interesting that she says vodafone has a 3 month exclusive contract. Thats not to bad.
    Quick and not much detailed info but will be interested to see the side by side with the Pearl. (Curse that Black Pearl!)

URL needs an extra 'L'

Cheers
    VikingBrad
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingBrad View Post
    Quick and not much detailed info but will be interested to see the side by side with the Pearl. (Curse that Black Pearl!)

URL needs an extra 'L'

Cheers
    VikingBrad
    Thanks. L added. From the horrid wallpaper I assume she is at home, which means she must have a review unit from Vodafone.

Surur
    Interesting that she already doesn't like the design. That was supposed to be a selling point.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    From the horrid wallpaper...
    Yes and she has the front to say the 750v isn't stylish
    Hmm.... so all I have to do to get on Vodafone's preview list is open a site named shiny shiny, rather than, say, develop Chatter WM?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Sure were a lot of "ums" and uhs" in that review. Kinda hard to listen to.
    That was a very amateurish review. You'd think the camera operator could have at least zoomed in on the unit for a closeup view, instead of having her waving it around in the air in a jerky motion the whole time.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Home made reviews! That's what mine would look like, LOL! I don't have wild print wallpaper though.

I'd like to see some from the UK posters if they do go out and get the 750v on Oct. 2.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'd like to see some from the UK posters if they do go out and get the 750v on Oct. 2.
    I think she is from UK.

Surur
  12. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I think she is from UK.

Surur
    Her accent does give her away, but only just
    I think she is from UK.

Surur
    I figured that. I meant UK posters from TC.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Interesting that she already doesn't like the design. That was supposed to be a selling point.
    It looks as thick as my 700p the way she's holding it and a little unproportined without the antenna. that blackberry pearl is looking pretty sexy...i have no use for one now that i have my 700p but from the looks alone it's a tempting switch.
    I like it without the antenna and the rounded edges, though. That's new for Treo. Would have been a bit nicer if they had made it in silver and/or black. Dark blue is OK though, I guess.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I don't have wild print wallpaper though.
    I hope if you plan to get a 750v, or the US equivilent, that you will redecorate your house accordingly

I'll be ordering one just as soon as Vodafone allow us upgraders to
    They're only allowing new sign-ups for the 750v? What kind of sense is that?