Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Hi folks,

came from the plam OS world with a 650, and LOVED the Volume Care software that drastically amplified the volume.

I can't find any volume software on the treo central site for MS PDA's....does anyone know of such software?

thanks.
    yeah, I actually paid for Volume care too
    There are none.

It was easy on the Palm Treo since it was a single piece of hardware. With PPCs, there are so many hardare manufactures, it is too difficult to generalize one piece of software. Each one has different drivers to modify, registries to check, etc.

Plus, there was a serious need for it on the 650.

Having said that, volume was an issue with the 6700 but with the 700wx I find it extremely loud (both earpiece and BT)...why do you want to make it louder?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    well when i put a ringtone on it, or a wav file, its really soft and you can barly hear it. I don't know maybe its becouse the settings in the ring tones are not correct. as far as chanels, bits per second, ect.
    keep searching for ringtone making software. I don't do ringtones anymore but I did see some software that could make them louder. it was when I was searching this site for loud ringtones.
    I got the program, its adobe 2.0 i guess i'll just have to play around with it. i know for nextel it had to be in specific format, is this the case for treo aslo?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I personally use Audacity to create and modify rings. It can import WAV and MP3 files, then you can clip them and increase the db to make them louder, then export them as WAV, MP3, or WMA.

Edit-Stupid me, I mean Audacity not Audible. Audacity is free BTW.
    Last edited by smeg36; 09/15/2006 at 01:25 PM.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    I use the big guns: Sony Sound Forge. I do fade ins, fade outs, reverbs, amplification, bit conversions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I use the big guns: Sony Sound Forge. I do fade ins, fade outs, reverbs, amplification, bit conversions, etc.
    Why is this not surprising to me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Why is this not surprising to me!!
    What it was leftover from my lab....

Malatesta can you post format for the tones that you use. I am sure you know how to find that info. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    Malatesta can you post format for the tones that you use. I am sure you know how to find that info. LOL
    except for system sounds (like Verichat), which have to .wav, I use .wmv for my ringers. I find the quality to be good and smaller than .wav and .mp3.

I also use PhoneAlarm Lite to make sure my email, sms alerts play loud with certain profiles.

To increase the volume of your ringtone, since you're new, try two things.

1) Press the volume up button on the side, and make sure BOTH volume meters are all the way up. The other can be adjusted later if it's too loud.

2) Start up Windows Media Player on your treo. Make sure its volume is up to 100% also. For some reason when I hard reset my device it started at like 40%. I'm not sure if they are related on this phone, but I know it was in an older wm phone I had.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    As an aside, I HATE the volume control set up on my wx. By default it opens on the phone volume when you press up or down, which naturally I like to keep fairly constant, and I have to toggle over to the ppc volume control to adjust it. All this and no little tap-able speaker icon for quick access either. *****ing over. I love everything else about it....
    I was messing around the other day with the tones. I copied two of them to the phone, one was .wma and it sounded horrible. I wasn't able to find my second one untill today, i put it in the tones part of the phone and it works fine. really loud, and about 2.39 M, i think its big. the largest that i have on there is 3.20 K but then again its a midi not wav.