1.    #1  
    Just to save Treo 700wx owners some time and frustration, I finally had some success pairing the Treo 700wx to my Uniden Bluetooth Phone System via CellLink (Model ELBT 595).

The key to success is to have the Uniden base station "Find Me" option selected to broadcast the 0000 pin, its an option in the system menu, then on your treo enter the 0000 pin when prompted. It works great!

Summary:

Treo -> Uniden = YES! (using find me option on the base station)

Uniden -> Treo = NO! (hour of frustration)

It will NOT work any other way! I spent an hour trying it every other logical way. The normal way to pair two devices worked fine on with my sidekick 3, but with the Treo, the treo has to find the Uniden with the find me feature. I now have a couple of grey hairs (to add to my other grey hairs of the A2DP patch I did on my 6700 long ago)

FYI, the Uniden bluetooth system has some nice perks, one being that it has a battery for the base station! So during a power outage you can still use your cordless phone. I can now combine my sidekick (tmo), treo 700 (sprint), and (landline) all on a 5.8GHz powermax phone.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

-Oly
    Last edited by olywogle; 09/14/2006 at 03:14 PM.
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle View Post
    Just to save Treo 700wx owners some time and frustration, I finally had some success pairing the Treo 700wx to my Uniden Bluetooth Phone System via CellLink (Model ELBT 595).

The key to success is to have the Uniden base station "Find Me" option selected to broadcast the 0000 pin, its an option in the system menu, then on your treo enter the 0000 pin when prompted. It works great!

Summary:

Treo -> Uniden = YES! (using find me option on the base station)

Uniden -> Treo = NO! (hour of frustration)

It will NOT work any other way! I spent an hour trying it every other logical way. The normal way to pair two devices worked fine on with my sidekick 3, but with the Treo, the treo has to find the Uniden with the find me feature. I now have a couple of grey hairs (to add to my other grey hairs of the A2DP patch I did on my 6700 long ago)

FYI, the Uniden bluetooth system has some nice perks, one being that it has a battery for the base station! So during a power outage you can still use your cordless phone. I can now combine my sidekick (tmo), treo 700 (sprint), and (landline) all on a 5.8GHz powermax phone.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

-Oly
    Digging up an old post, but after a year or so, how are you experiences with this Uniden phone? Still happy with it? I'm looking for a bluetooth enabled phone for the house, as I dont like carrying my cellphone all around the house with me!

Any additional feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks
    My wife's 650 never seemed to stay connected to our ELBT595. I just tried hooking my 755p and it connected up just fine. We'll see if it remains connected.

To get the 755p and the ELBT595 to talk, contrary to the above instructions, I told the base station to look for my 755 (the 755 was set to visible), it found the phone, I entered the code "0000" on my phone and they were linked. When I tried it the other way around (setting the ELBT595 to "find me" mode), the 755 could see the ELBT, but when I moved to the next step to connect them, it never worked.

My own experience with this Uniden phone has been very good. It has worked great with my bluetooth head set and battery life is very good for the hand sets. I was a little concerned with the flip phone nature for a "house" phone, but I actually like the compact nature of the phone. I can clip it on my belt and talk with a BT head set just like it's a cell phone.

On the down side, don't expect much more than I've stated. As I said, BT connections to my wife's Treo 650 were spotty (probably because of the 650). It's cool when it works, but the hassle of making sure the base station re-connects with the Treo every time you set it down by the base station was not worth it for the 650. I hope the 755 works better.

The software from Uniden for loading the phone numbers, adjusting settings, etc. is basic. It works, but isn't anything fancy. Each handset can record new ring tones (like your Treo's ring tone for when it's connected via BT), but you have to record it for each hand set (I have 3). You can't just record it once and duplicate it to the other phones or download it from your PC, and the base station does not have recordable ring tones. But it's easy enough to record a ring tone from your Treo or any other source via the phone's microphone.

It's a unique phone, with some neat features, but lower your expectations regarding how many of those features are really worth using - including the ability to attach your Treo to the base station via BT as a 2nd line. It may work, but you may find some details of making it work are more pain than it's worth.

I'll try to report back how well it works with my 755 after I've had some time using them together.
    I've been using the Treo 755p with my ELBT595 for a week now, and it's working fine. I get home, leave the Treo on the counter next to the ELBT, they connect without me having to do anything. A big improvement compared to how the Treo 650 worked.