1.    #1  
    Well let me just make this simple and start off by saying that when I first purchased my 700W new it worked great and I had no problems with it besides the obvious stuff. This was about 5 months ago.

This past 2 weeks has been absolute hell. I am by no means a "power" user of this thing but I do use almost all of the functions on the phone, not only that but I am a real estate broker and I have software on this phone that works as my electronic access key to properties. My first phone started having problems and eventually almost every function quit working within 24 hours.

I received a refurb and within 4 hours it too started having problems.

I received a second refurb yesterday and this thing might as well just be a cell phone and barely that! I started to think that maybe my memory card that had everything backed up was corrupt or something. I tried hard resets and now those don't even clear the phone out! Yes you read that right, everything stays the same even after a had reset, all of my info and programs are still in the phone as if nothing happened.

Verizon is sending me a brand new replacement this time, whooptee do. I'm seriously considering ebaying it at this point. I cannot show properties to any of my clients and have spent hours trying to resolve these matters.

Maybe someone has run into this problem before and knows of something I dont. Verizon is even baffled. Here are the issues.

Wireless sync is not working and the settings have been verified about 15 times including mulitple hard and soft resets.

The phone alarm is still trying to tell me I haven't "dismissed" an alarm from 2 weeks ago.

When I place or receive calls I get these chiming noises as if an email was coming in for about the first 20 seconds of the call.

The phone shows its connected to EVDO but the internet and Sync are not working. Also it trys to connect using #777 which it has never done before and says the modem isn't working correctly.

There are some other things.

Sorry I just wanted to vent because I have had nothing but good things to say about this POS up until now. I've read all of the horror stories on here and now I think I'm probably at the top of the list.

Sprint might be getting a new customer soon....
    question. are you using a ackup program that you are useing to restore all your info back on to the new replacemant phone with?

if so, there could be something wrong in or with one of the programs you are using that is messing everything up. each new phone you get would just get configured with the same problem. try doing a hard reset and then with out restoring with a backup program, load all the programs back on to your phone manually. this happened to me but work when i started all over and did everything on at a time.

about the alarm thing. there has been issues with the alarm on many wm5.0 phones for quit some time. it has something to do with "notification que" i don't know to much about it. i do know that a program called "memaid" can clear these notification ques. you can get a free 2 week trial here http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=14279

hope this helps, cody
    Quote Originally Posted by trev230 View Post
    Well let me just make this simple and start off by saying that when I first purchased my 700W new it worked great and I had no problems with it besides the obvious stuff. This was about 5 months ago.

This past 2 weeks has been absolute hell. I am by no means a "power" user of this thing but I do use almost all of the functions on the phone, not only that but I am a real estate broker and I have software on this phone that works as my electronic access key to properties. My first phone started having problems and eventually almost every function quit working within 24 hours.

I received a refurb and within 4 hours it too started having problems.

I received a second refurb yesterday and this thing might as well just be a cell phone and barely that! I started to think that maybe my memory card that had everything backed up was corrupt or something. I tried hard resets and now those don't even clear the phone out! Yes you read that right, everything stays the same even after a had reset, all of my info and programs are still in the phone as if nothing happened.

Verizon is sending me a brand new replacement this time, whooptee do. I'm seriously considering ebaying it at this point. I cannot show properties to any of my clients and have spent hours trying to resolve these matters.

Maybe someone has run into this problem before and knows of something I dont. Verizon is even baffled. Here are the issues.

Wireless sync is not working and the settings have been verified about 15 times including mulitple hard and soft resets.

The phone alarm is still trying to tell me I haven't "dismissed" an alarm from 2 weeks ago.

When I place or receive calls I get these chiming noises as if an email was coming in for about the first 20 seconds of the call.

The phone shows its connected to EVDO but the internet and Sync are not working. Also it trys to connect using #777 which it has never done before and says the modem isn't working correctly.

There are some other things.

Sorry I just wanted to vent because I have had nothing but good things to say about this POS up until now. I've read all of the horror stories on here and now I think I'm probably at the top of the list.

Sprint might be getting a new customer soon....
    It sounds like there is something wrong with one of your programs.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    question. are you using a ackup program that you are useing to restore all your info back on to the new replacemant phone with?

if so, there could be something wrong in or with one of the programs you are using that is messing everything up. each new phone you get would just get configured with the same problem. try doing a hard reset and then with out restoring with a backup program, load all the programs back on to your phone manually. this happened to me but work when i started all over and did everything on at a time.

about the alarm thing. there has been issues with the alarm on many wm5.0 phones for quit some time. it has something to do with "notification que" i don't know to much about it. i do know that a program called "memaid" can clear these notification ques. you can get a free 2 week trial here http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=14279

hope this helps, cody
    Cody,

Thanks for the response. I too started to think that surely 2 other 700W's couldn't have problems so I cleared everything out and started from scratch. I used my wireles sync acct with verizon to get my contacts and calender back in order and then manually added the one program I have back in.

The weirdest thing about this whole deal is that now the phone won't even responde to a hard reset. It goes through the motions as if was clearing everything out but once it reload's everything is still there! Really weird I must say.

I use Sprite in case you were wondering. Is there a way to just have sprite backup my contacts and calendar? I've gone through the menu and while I am pretty good with technology I am not able to understand alot of the files to check or uncheck for backup/restore.
    Quote Originally Posted by trev230 View Post
    Cody,

Thanks for the response. I too started to think that surely 2 other 700W's couldn't have problems so I cleared everything out and started from scratch. I used my wireles sync acct with verizon to get my contacts and calender back in order and then manually added the one program I have back in.

The weirdest thing about this whole deal is that now the phone won't even responde to a hard reset. It goes through the motions as if was clearing everything out but once it reload's everything is still there! Really weird I must say.

I use Sprite in case you were wondering. Is there a way to just have sprite backup my contacts and calendar? I've gone through the menu and while I am pretty good with technology I am not able to understand alot of the files to check or uncheck for backup/restore.
    I use spb backup. I can do just contacts and calendar. there is a free trial. if you like let me know and I can hook you up. I tried sprite when I got the wx and didnlt like it. I created a restore point and the next day went to restore and sprite said " can noot restore. cannot find ***file" I tried twice and removed. spb work well.
  6.    #6  
    Cody,

Man thanks for all of the help I really appreciate it. Where can I find Spb?