Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I've just taken the plunge to the 700Wx and am looking for a way to migrate my 650 contacts.

I was using Agendus for Palm as my PIM, both on my desktop at home as well as on the 650, and it looks like I now need to use outlook...?

PS... I'm still reading the manual, and I haven't installed the SW yet that came with the 700Wx as I haven't decided yet on how I'll be using this Treo... either primarily as a work tool synching up with Outlook at work, or as my personal PIM. But this is the burning question on my mind as migrating to the new platform.

Thanks,
    David
    If you can use a half hour of your time, I would recommend re-installing the palm conduits and when you install, tell Palm to sync with outlook instead of Palm Desktop. Then sync the new phone with the computer and everything will be transferred. Then you can re-install Agendus on the new phone and PC (if you even need to) and you're good to go. Half hour is the most time you'll need, but if you know what you're doing it could probably take less than that. Outlook comes with the activesync CD if you need to install it
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    I've just taken the plunge to the 700Wx and am looking for a way to migrate my 650 contacts.

I was using Agendus for Palm as my PIM, both on my desktop at home as well as on the 650, and it looks like I now need to use outlook...?

PS... I'm still reading the manual, and I haven't installed the SW yet that came with the 700Wx as I haven't decided yet on how I'll be using this Treo... either primarily as a work tool synching up with Outlook at work, or as my personal PIM. But this is the burning question on my mind as migrating to the new platform.

Thanks,
    David
    I don't know how many contacts you have, but I just beamed mine over IR from my 650 to my 700wx. You have to do each contact individually, I couldn't get group beaming to work. Anyways, it transfers over all the data fields perfectly, took me about 10 minutes to do all of mine. I don't use Outlook, so this was pretty much the only option for me.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    OK, I think understand what your saying, I'm resynching the 650 to Outlook using newly installed outlook conduits. Then I'll install the new software for the 700 and tell it to sync with the newly created outlook contacts.

I guess my only other question, and perhaps I need to wait until I read the manual and some of these threads, is can I sync with Outlook at home, and also sync with Outlook at work and maintain two separate calendars? And what about contact lists, I really don't want all of my personal PIM info on the work PC.

My only disapointment is that Iambic does not have their SW available for the Treo 700 :-(

Thanks,
    David
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cking View Post
    I don't know how many contacts you have, but I just beamed mine over IR from my 650 to my 700wx. You have to do each contact individually, I couldn't get group beaming to work. Anyways, it transfers over all the data fields perfectly, took me about 10 minutes to do all of mine. I don't use Outlook, so this was pretty much the only option for me.
    I'd guess I'm close to 150-200 contacts in 4 or more categories. I've beamed a few that I needed immediately, but other than that, beaming isn't an option :-)

Thanks
    I'm having the same issue. Would welcome more suggestions. Have tried exporting from Palm Desktop into Outlook somehow but that doesnt work. Still dont have the 700 software installed (seperate issue) - may try the beaming though but I also have close to 200 numbers in there that would need to be beamed over.

Ideally would like to be able to take them off the SD card. Had BackupBuddy on my 650 and have all the contacts on my SD card but so far no luck accesing them.
    Last edited by dcmidnight; 09/15/2006 at 08:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I did what was suggested (installing the SW and synching to Outlook) and it worked flawlessly.

David
    I also just synced my 700p to outlook with the outlook hotsync plugin, now all is well on my 700wx.
    Jimmie Geddes