Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let's start a thread for the best free games for the 700wx (WM5) platform.

Mine is waiting at home so will be hoping to pop a few good freebies on there this weekend. Where possible please provide links. On my 650p I had chess, mahjong and cribbage that were all free.
    Here is a free cell game I use and was free. I had to extract the file to a zip since the boards wouldn't allow the archive files I use.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #3  
    Thanks....

Any others out there ?
    For all you Tetris fans, there's Kevtris. http://www.angelfire.com/indie/caywen/
    Anyone have a spades game? I have been looking for one but with no success.
  6.    #6  
    Jesse, thanks for the Tetris, that's a good one

I really miss a good solitaire game (the one that comes with the 700wx is only avg) and a good cribbage game. I need something to keep me occupied while I am on the throne
    does anyone know if there are any nes & snes emulators for wm5?
  8.    #8  
    Any other good free games out there? I downloaded a few demos games today (Bejewelled 2 for example) and the graphical quality was, well, crap. Looks like they did some kind of squashing and I couldn't even read the text Shame because this is a great game.

Bit disappointing that there are no good, free games, or even cheap games
    Quote Originally Posted by untouchablez View Post
    does anyone know if there are any nes & snes emulators for wm5?
    PocketNester (pn07_arm_ppc.zip) is the only know I know of.
    block braker? any one?
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati View Post
    Bit disappointing that there are no good, free games, or even cheap games
    Yes, heaven forbid someone who spends time making a good games gets paid for it.
    I consider the $9 - $15 most games are on Handango to be more than reasonable for what I get out of them. Considering the $50-$60 you'll pay for an Xbox360 or PC game, I'm happy to shell out $10 for something I can use every day. Free is good, but if you own a $500 phone is $10 too much to kick to a developer?
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    Yes, heaven forbid someone who spends time making a good games gets paid for it.
    No one is trying to begrudge the developers who charge for their games, however there IS a market for free & cheap games. The supply for that market on WM5 IS a little disappointing.
    "There IS a market for free & cheap games". . . . .

And why would anyone try to corner that market if they make no money? Nice try.
  15.    #15  
    Hello, McFly, anybody home :?:

I did say cheap games too. Cheap being $5 - $15. I do not begrudge anyone from making money on a good game.

On the palm platform I had quite a few cheap and free games. I also bought Bejewelled 2 because that was great. Tried the demo on WM5 and it looks awful.

Happy now, little man ??? :P

Finally, some people are happy to promote free games because they enjoy doing that, and it might be their learning curve. Kind of like back in the 80's and early 90's

Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    So, lettlelightwelt What games would you recommend then, regardless of price ?
    Hello, McFly, anybody home :?:

I did say cheap games too. Cheap being $5 - $15. I do not begrudge anyone from making money on a good game.

On the palm platform I had quite a few cheap and free games. I also bought Bejewelled 2 because that was great. Tried the demo on WM5 and it looks awful.

Happy now, little man ??? :P

Finally, some people are happy to promote free games because they enjoy doing that, and it might be their learning curve. Kind of like back in the 80's and early 90's

So, lettlelightwelt What games would you recommend then, regardless of price ?
    astraware broken sword is about $29 and extremely well done.
    astraware makes a bunch of great arcade style games for under $15
  17.    #17  
    Cheers

I was looking at broken sword earlier. Is it an RPG ? A good RPG I am willing to shell out for

Just tried a few more demos and it seems like quite a few do not like the square screen of the 700wx Some to the point where the sytlus is not clicking in the right place. Real shame that.
    Cheers

I was looking at broken sword earlier. Is it an RPG ? A good RPG I am willing to shell out for

Just tried a few more demos and it seems like quite a few do not like the square screen of the 700wx Some to the point where the sytlus is not clicking in the right place. Real shame that.

Yes it's a rpg/puzzle solving thing of the standard variety. Graphics are excellent and sound is awesome. It's a 200kb game and it shows it.

free or cheap? ...you get what you pay for
    rarely is something that is good free or cheap.
    and as to your comment about free and cheap
  19.    #19  
    Well, I had quite a few GOOD free games on my 650 but granted, most of the freebies are tripe
    Quote Originally Posted by ouzome View Post
    "There IS a market for free & cheap games". . . . .

And why would anyone try to corner that market if they make no money? Nice try.
    Not all developers are motivated by $$. There is a huge supply of free/cheap software (including games) for many platforms for exactly that reason.

Regarding astraware - be careful with those games (definitely try before you buy). Many of them claim 240x240 compatibility but are actually scaled down from 320x240 and do indeed look terrible.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast