1.    #1  
    Just did a ##debug# to compare my 700p to my new 700wx. The "rcve sig strength" number on the 'p' is significantly lower on a consistant basis. As much a third the value of the wx. Right now the wx shows 82 and the p shows 25.

Also the p is bouncing all over the place from 25 to 40 to 32 etc...and the wx has been holding pretty stable at 82 but does go higher occasionally (highest noticed so far 91).

Is the higher number the stronger signal in this case and I wonder why there is such a difference.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
  2.    #2  
    Bump... anyone know why the 2 phones (the palm and the wx) should have such drastic differences in the evdo signal strength numbers.

It's (imho) a major difference (among the many others) in evaluating the performance of the 2 operating systems and deciding which is better.

What numbers are everyone else getting on their phones. Please state if it is a palm or wx. Of course it depends on the area you are in but it would be interesting to see the differences. thx.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
    I think the difference in os signal is cause they have different radios. I don't know but I have a lot better signal with the wx vs the p aswell. I use to bounce between evdo and 1x at home when now I stay with evdo on a 60% - 90% signal. very happy with signal.
    Inside a building, I'm getting 16-36 Rcv Signal Strength.

Now it bounced up to 61 just moving 2 feet. lol My 700wx seems to be behaving like your "p".

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I think the difference in os signal is cause they have different radios. I don't know but I have a lot better signal with the wx vs the p aswell. I use to bounce between evdo and 1x at home when now I stay with evdo on a 60% - 90% signal. very happy with signal.
    why should they have different radio's? I thought the hardware was the same.
    Half say the wxis better, half say the p, who knows....

Are the PRL's the same? That could be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Half say the wxis better, half say the p, who knows....

Are the PRL's the same? That could be it.
    Whats funny is a lot of people that comment on crap like that don't even have the damn phone (speaking of the wx). Same thing happend on the 6700 forums where the 6600 people would talk all high and mighty without even having the damn phone.

I do know that my WX gets significantly better reception for the most part when compared to my 6700.
    had th vzw w and the P. bottom line for us is the P has better reception and holds a signal much better than the W
    I'm still confused as to why there would be a difference between the p and w/wx?

Same radio, same antenna...the null hypothesis would suggest that they'd behave the same as far as simple phone reception (RSSI).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I'm still confused as to why there would be a difference between the p and w/wx?

Same radio, same antenna...the null hypothesis would suggest that they'd behave the same as far as simple phone reception (RSSI).
    If there's a study to be done on network speed of the "700p" against the "700wx", it seems to me it should be over some period of time. My EVDO speeds vary from one time to the next.

Perhaps it's Malatesta's fault for promoting SlingPlayer! jk
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Perhaps it's Malatesta's fault for promoting SlingPlayer! jk
    I blame Malatesta for making my phone the envy of my colleagues and friends!! SlingPlayer on the WX could quite possibly be one of the coolest things I've had in a LONG time. Though since I don't have much business travel planned for a whole, I don't know when I can really take advantage of it. But heck, I have it, right??

On a side note, I don't have much to compare the signal strength, but I think my wx has much better reception than my old sprint phone. Doesn't get dropped in areas on my commute where I used to.