1.    #1  
    Well, I have the voice command turned on in the phone setting and now I notice that it says the name/phone number of a person when they call. But how do I use the features that allow me to tell it to open things and to call people.

Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    you have to live in earshot of redmond
    Ahalvor, that's the third helpful post of yours I've read this morning...

Voice command info can be found in the phone's help system. It's a great app and terrific to have in rom, but I disable the "announce incoming caller" feature as it tends to override the ring tone. Another tip: re-map the side button from windows media (or whatever the default was) to Voice Command, then you can press-and-hold and tell your phone to do many different things hands-free.

HTH,
    Todd/Indy
    and do we need to subscribe to sprints vc as well? does the latter work thru a BT headset?
  5.    #5  
    How did you disable the call announcing, Only way I was able to do that was to turn off Voice command alltogether.

And yes, do we have to pay sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by savior View Post
    How did you disable the call announcing, Only way I was able to do that was to turn off Voice command alltogether.

And yes, do we have to pay sprint?
    START- SETTINGS- VOICE COMMAND.

Click on the phone options I believe.
    Is it possible to play a certain playlist in media player? I found the commands for artist, album and song but playlist would be better for me. Thanks.
  8.    #8  
    How do you use vioce command to choose the song by song name? Only choices I have in play media are artist/album/genre.
    first off i found it wierd that default voice command wasn't assigned a button. to use it you need to go to settings/ buttons and assign it to one of the buttons. as posted above i use the side button.
    second, how to use. i found this thread titled "voice command cheat sheet" that had a good breakdown on what to say and what it could do. the thread was http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=voice+command

hope this helps, cody
    I had seen the voice command icon but hadn't paid much attention to it. VC programs are usually lousy.
    Me: "call home."
    Voice programs: "Call home?"
    Me: "yes"
    Voice programs: "Sorry, lets try again."

But this VC seems to be pretty good and an excellent way to launch IE favorites quickly. Thanks for the info.
    Yah it works really well even in somewhat loud conditions. My favorite thing is the appointment reading and dialing abilities. I was messing with it today with some long and interesting appointments to show it to a friend and he got a kick out of it.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    Me: "call home."
    Voice programs: "Call home?"
    Me: "yes"
    Voice programs: "Sorry, lets try again."
    Saying "correct" has always worked well for me.