1.    #1  
    Hey all, I have a Treo 700w. Can someone please tell me why I should upgrade already!!! I've had it for only 4 months...what would I gain?

Thanks everyone.
    Double the ram, which leads to a much more stable device. I can actually multitask on it!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Hey all, I have a Treo 700w. Can someone please tell me why I should upgrade already!!! I've had it for only 4 months...what would I gain?

Thanks everyone.
    there is a whole thread on it http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=123335

an article http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/898-1.htm

and a thread on the article http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...33#post1079233

that I think will answer all your questions.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.

Thanks everyone.
    Hey Crunch,
    Howdja get banned over at howards?
    Just call me Berd.
    The difference is SOOO NOTICABLE. I even was in a Verizon store and they asked me if they could try it out, the salesman showed me his and how slow it was. He said he can't even open up many programs, and if he does and tried to make a call he has to soft reset. He said that he hopes Verizon gets the 700wx, and sales have dropped since Sprint came out with the 700wx.

I was so surprised at the difference in speed between my 700wx and his 700w, that extra RAM made all the difference.
    Jimmie Geddes
  6.    #6  
    Interesting. So, I hope Cingular's Treo 750 will come out with a lot of RAM in it. Say, anyone got any ETA on when that's supposed to happen???
    October or November. It will have the same specs as the 750v, including it's smaller battery. It will have the same RAM as the 700wx though
    Jimmie Geddes
  8.    #8  
    Hah! Awesome. So it will be lighter than the 700w? Slimmer, too? What benefits does the Treo 750v have, compared to a Treo 700w???
    Hah! Awesome. So it will be lighter than the 700w? Slimmer, too? What benefits does the Treo 750v have, compared to a Treo 700w???
    It has threaded SMS, a more up to date AKU package, and the A2DP bluetooth profile. Its GSM and UMTS, which means you can talk and be on the web at the same time.

Surur
    Is that just a guess or do you have a Cingular source?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    October or November. It will have the same specs as the 750v, including it's smaller battery. It will have the same RAM as the 700wx though
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680