1.    #1  
    this is a very nice, and fairly easy to use, app to change any of the colors on your today screen, system colors, basically any colors on your screen.

the app is FREE. you can download the .cab file at the bottom of this page http://mobile-sg.com/pie/apps.asp?p=UITweaker

enjoy, cody
  2.    #2  
    I can't take full credit for this. I got it from Malatesta. I will only take creidt for sharing.

*** caution *** since this changes so much color you might want to back up first. just in case you want to start over. there is no problems with the app. just possible problems with the colors you choose. for example, back background with black text = you not being able to see words. lol
    Does this left you change the colors in an existing today theme and then export it with new colors? That would be great!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Does this left you change the colors in an existing today theme and then export it with new colors? That would be great!
    it sure does.

Also remember, if you change your Today screen later, you'll loose all of those color changes. So find the way you like it, export WM5 colors and System colors to your Card for safe keeping.

then you can change your background and re-import your color style, ovewriting the today theme's default color scheme but keeping the background.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    it sure does.

.... export WM5 colors and System colors to your Card for safe keeping.

then you can change your background and re-import your color style, ovewriting the today theme's default color scheme but keeping the background.

where is the file that saves the color style that we will want to save on the card. What's it called. tia.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by aacnyc View Post
    where is the file that saves the color style that we will want to save on the card. What's it called. tia.
    Under SysColor Changer --> Export

Under TdyScheme Changer --> Tools --> Export

Under SysColor Changer --> Export

Under TdyScheme Changer --> Tools --> Export
    Perfect, Thanks!!!
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
    I cant seem to change the back ground color that is set in wm5 settings >today. It is set on indigo with the bubbles theme and I want to change that color sincethere really arent any choices with wm5. I see options to change the colors for basically everything else using ui tweaker but I cant seem to change that backround color.

I know I must be missing something. any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by aacnyc View Post
    I cant seem to change the back ground color that is set in wm5 settings >today. It is set on indigo with the bubbles theme and I want to change that color sincethere really arent any choices with wm5. I see options to change the colors for basically everything else using ui tweaker but I cant seem to change that backround color.

I know I must be missing something. any suggestions?
    ah, that's the ONE caveat: you can't change the system default theme!

maybe you can copy indigo.tsk to your computer, rename it and copy it back. then it might be able to be changed.

ah, that's the ONE caveat: you can't change the system default theme!

maybe you can copy indigo.tsk to your computer, rename it and copy it back. then it might be able to be changed.
    likewise. I'll have to try your suggestion when I get a chance. Thx for the quick reply anyway Malatesta.
    Does anyone, (Mal, Cody, I'm looking in your direction ), have this down to a science? I was playing with it yesterday, and I ran into some of the issues Cody mentioned above (black on black, etc)... I can't seem to get enough info from the short descriptions within the program.

If you don't know, is there somewhere you can point me to? I was thinking that if I knew what was actually changing each time, instead of doing the whole trial-and-error thing, it might be easier to get the look I wanted...
    END OF LINE
  12.    #12  
    not down to a science. just trial on error.

maybe post what you want to change and maybe someone can tell you how to change it.