1.    #1  
    For anyone using Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 5 on the 700w or 700wx:

1.) Does it put contacts in the same categories as group you have in the Address Book (MS for Palm does this)?
    2.) Does it put events into calendar categories? I didn't see any categories in the standard calendar app in WM5. It does this for the Palm version and it would be critical to me to have events in different categories (personal, business, etc.)
    3.) Is there any syncing of notes? I didn't see anything mentioned in the product webpages. For Palm, MS includes an app on Mac OS X that it synchs with memos. Any functionality like this?
    4.) Does it do any sort of backup to the Mac or just syncing of info?

Thanks!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    bluetooth is not supported yet, and I am too lazy to carry my usb cable everywhere
    Last edited by ahalvor; 09/16/2006 at 04:40 PM.
  3.    #3  
    ?? WM5 and the Treo 700w (and I would guess the 700wx) are clearly supported according to their webpages.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Hi,

I've been using it since Aug. 2
    I've also been using it with my 700wx, MarkSpace gave me a copy to use with my iMac. It works very well,. not as many features as the Palm OS equivalent, but it syncs perfectly for me.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Anyone know how to use the Treo update for verizon with missing sync? Thank you
    only problem I havde with it is my hp6915's minisd card can't be seen in iTunes or anywhere else for that mater. I just apppears as a folder named storage card
    only problem I havde with it is my hp6915's minisd card can't be seen in iTunes or anywhere else for that mater. I just apppears as a folder named storage card
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    so, does missing sync, backup prefs, etc like using activesync? For example if I lost my treo, then got my new one, came home, plugged it in and synced it, would it sync my prefs, settings, and EVERYTHING to the new phone, so it appeared exactly the same as the old one?
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Anyone know how to use the Treo update for verizon with missing sync? Thank you
    Anyone know how to? Thank you
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    you need a PC AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK...$sprint$ $usually$ $releases$ $a$ $mac$ $updater$ $a$ $month$ $or$ $so$ $later$
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    but have they ever released a mac updater for a pocketpc? I know they did for the palm OS, but was unsure if they ever had for any ppc?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalvor View Post
    you need a PC AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK...$sprint$ $usually$ $releases$ $a$ $mac$ $updater$ $a$ $month$ $or$ $so$ $later$
    Oh well I guess I have to boot windows then.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    For anyone using Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 5 on the 700w or 700wx:

1.) Does it put contacts in the same categories as group you have in the Address Book (MS for Palm does this)?
    2.) Does it put events into calendar categories? I didn't see any categories in the standard calendar app in WM5. It does this for the Palm version and it would be critical to me to have events in different categories (personal, business, etc.)
    3.) Is there any syncing of notes? I didn't see anything mentioned in the product webpages. For Palm, MS includes an app on Mac OS X that it synchs with memos. Any functionality like this?
    4.) Does it do any sort of backup to the Mac or just syncing of info?

Thanks!

Answers are yes, yes, yes, and no. For a complete backup the treo 700 comes with Sprite backup software version 5, which does a complete backup (which has many features and can be scheduled) independently of ActiveSynch.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Activesync no longer does backup of any kind.
    You will use Spritebackup and copy the backup file to your Mac.
    A PC has an agent that will run an backup to the PC.

I have used Parallels to with Spritebackup to backup my T700.
    MissingSync is what I use to keep my address book, etc. up to date.

tech