1.    #1  
    Is there a way that you can change the time you have to hold the side button before the app launches in windows mobile?
    \HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD

Change the D word value PressAndHoldDelay to what ever you want, original is 1000

I changed mine to 500. Funny I was going to post this after I found the key in the registry while looking for something else but didnt see a spot for wx reg edits.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 09/13/2006 at 04:57 PM.
    bump great thread
  4.    #4  
    Worked perfectly!!! Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    NICE!

I have my button set to launch the phone Dial Pad, instead of the rarely used Camera app...now it's set at 250, and it is perfect. The previous delay was a bit annoying...
    Ahh, great to see some wx hacks getting started!
    I would love to set the side button to the phone dial pad, but where is the option to do that. In settings-button, scrolling thru the list of programs that are assignable, I don't see it.

Thanks,
    Tripp
    Quote Originally Posted by cking View Post
    NICE!

I have my button set to launch the phone Dial Pad, instead of the rarely used Camera app...now it's set at 250, and it is perfect. The previous delay was a bit annoying...
    I had originally set it to 250 but I kept shutting off the radio while trying to turn the screen off.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah, I have mine set to launch dynamo to get an expose effect. It really helps to switch applications quickly.
    Thanks for the hack

I have mine set for Internet Explorer.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    I had originally set it to 250 but I kept shutting off the radio while trying to turn the screen off.
    hmm, how does the radio shut off? from hitting the side button while linked to dialpad?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippank View Post
    I would love to set the side button to the phone dial pad, but where is the option to do that. In settings-button, scrolling thru the list of programs that are assignable, I don't see it.

Thanks,
    Tripp

Someone posted this in here the other day...does the trick, just follow the directions:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...15&postcount=8

Once you do this, then you can use the registry hack to lower the delay...

Good luck!
    now someone just has to figure out how to remap the 2 soft keys and were all set to configure all the buttons
    Quote Originally Posted by cking View Post
    hmm, how does the radio shut off? from hitting the side button while linked to dialpad?
    Mine isn't set to the dial pad but in regards to the 250 press and hold delay it was to short for me and enacted the red phone press and hold function instead of just press.

The reg edit affects the side button, green send button (but only when on the today screen), the OK button and the red phone button.

Should we start a sticky for reg edits that work on the wx. We could copy and paste all reg edits that come in back to the 1st post. that would keep users from having to search 4 pages of chatter to find the edit they want. Is that a good set up?
    Does anyone know what application the green phone button calls by default. I use AE Buttons plus and it allows you to remap the green and red phone button to a single, double, triple, and hold. It would be nice to utilize this button for other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by notjpr View Post
    \HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD

Change the D word value PressAndHoldDelay to what ever you want, original is 1000

I changed mine to 500. Funny I was going to post this after I found the key in the registry while looking for something else but didnt see a spot for wx reg edits.
    Newb here, how does one go about changing this??
    Awesome! I always wanted to do this and didn't realize there was a thread about the reg hack, so Excessive Force, I owe you for bumping it up!

Here's how I'm going to pay you back:

Download PHM Registry Editor: click here

Then open it up and look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Click the little + next to it, and it expands, then go down to HARDWARE

Click this + and expand it, open DEVICEMAP the same way

Now click right on the word KEYBD

A bunch of stuff will pop up in the window on the bottom of the screen. Scroll down until you see PressAndHoldDelay and click right on it.

A new window will show up will a value of 1000 that you can edit to whatever you want. That would be 1000 milliseconds, or 1 second. I changed mine to 250ms so it's a quarter second hold now before it activates.

Save the change when it asks, soft reset, and you should be golden!

EDIT: Be careful if you set it too low, when you go to put your device in standby (turn off screen) it will disable the radio too. I think someone said that up above, and I read it too fast to process what was actually said...
    Last edited by Alienwhere; 02/25/2007 at 10:35 AM.
    END OF LINE
    I would advise not going below 250 if you do the device will lock you out much of the time.
    If for some reason you want to gamble with a lower setting and this does accrue don't freak out.Call your treo,today screen will renable then go back into the reg and of course set it at 250 or above.

Phil C
    Yeah, I realized that rather quickly. Found that 400-500 is a good point for me. Thanks, Phil -
    END OF LINE